• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pictures registers a slew of ‘Console War’ movie domain names

"A group of friends go on a road trip to LA in order to visit a video game expo and steal the new consoles"

Staring Seth Rogan, Mclovin, Michael Cera, and that nerd guy from 'She's Out Of My League'. Simon Pegg cameos as the head manager of E3. Reggie and Jack Trenton play them self.

Throw in some conference crashing and some booth babe chasing and it'll probably do no worse than half of the movies already out there.

Alebrije

The full list includes:

console-war.net
console-warmovie.com
console-wars.net
console-warsmovie.com
consolewar-movie.com
consolewar-movie.net
consolewar.net
consolewarmovie.com
consolewars-movie.com
consolewars-movie.net
consolewarsmovie.com
theconsolewar-movie.com
theconsolewar-movie.net
theconsolewar.net
theconsolewarmovie.com
theconsolewars-movie.com
theconsolewars-movie.net
theconsolewarsmovie.com

Thet skipped the best one :

datconsole-war.net

Maybe they're defensive registrations so nobody else can make a movie chronicling the epic fail of $599. That was the console war's charge of the light brigade!

nullset2

Finally, a movie made for us.

Us gamers, right?

We are such a clever, in, very defined demographic. We like xboxes and shooters and red bull and bros. We wear dorky style glasses and adore using consumer technology, yet we are like, so intelligent and alternative and unique, man. We also wear cool clothes and have beards. Man, us gamers...

Salvadora

"A group of friends go on a road trip to LA in order to visit a video game expo and steal the new consoles"

Staring Seth Rogan, Mclovin, Michael Cera, and that nerd guy from 'She's Out Of My League'. Simon Pegg cameos as the head manager of E3. Reggie and Jack Trenton play them self.

I would watch this.

well for materials, they should check out some of the gaming melt down threads on gaf, eg. ff13 going to 360 as a start.

that reminds of a thread, a gaffer made a prediction/rumour, and vindicated 2-3 years later. It was pretty epic. I can't remember which thread was it.

adelante

Maybe they're convinced their next console will blow the competition away they're reserving the right to tell their future comeback story on the big screen!

I bet this is the uplifting story of the PS Vita's fight and ultimate victory against the evil Nintendo, Apple, and Google. Pure fictional fluff.

Cheesy pop flick style romantic subplot with a booth babe...

oh god

Michael Cera pretends to be Shigeru Miyamoto to get into E3, she falls in love with him but leaves when she discovers he's been lying about who he us this whole time. He makes it all better by crashing Miyamoto's E3 presentation and giving her a piece of heart and Iwata laughs.

Atomski

Watch them make console gamers all cool and shit and then there will be some geeky, chubby PC gamers that they will mock.

So Fanboys with video games instead of Star Wars?

I would watch it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
If these "consoles" are in it i'm sold
neptune_v_by_dizzy612-d4xpfzv.jpg

nullset2

Michael Cera pretends to be Shigeru Miyamoto to get into E3, she falls in love with him but leaves when she discovers he's been lying about who he us this whole time. He makes it all better by crashing Miyamoto's E3 presentation and giving her a piece of heart and Iwata laughs.

oh god no don't give them ideas

even so, that made me laugh more than it should

MS responds with "SalesWarz: marketshare much?".

I bet this is the uplifting story of the PS Vita's fight and ultimate victory against the evil Nintendo, Apple, and Google. Pure fictional fluff.

It will be a moral story with social commentary on how the PS3 made a comeback and struggled with adversary detailing the epic meltdowns over the years, PSN hack, the Apoc, with the ending being 2013 - year of the PS3. The end credits will roll and it will say "just hitting it's stride and gaining momentum".

Lijik

Because Sony Pictures Animation needs a franchise they own, and Ratchet is one that would make the transition to (an animated) film pretty painlessly. It would also be a great way to expand the appeal of the games.
Oh god, Sony Pictures Animation's snappy and toony animation and that Ratchet universe.
That sounds perfect, so it'll never happen.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
huh.Sony Pictures is working on The Darkness movie too..interesting.

Oh god, Sony Pictures Animation's snappy and toony animation and that Ratchet universe.
That sounds perfect, so it'll never happen.

Yeah that will be good,Sony Pictures Animation is very good lately, hope they don't ruin Cloudy 2.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
That's not a Famicom?

She should be the wii(sadly i never played the game)

"The game is a take on the seventh generation era "console war" among the three major consoles: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii."

"Blanc (White Heart)
Voiced by: Kana Asumi (Japanese), Wendee Lee (English)
She is a goddess who represents Lowee, which in itself, is a direct reference to the Wii."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperdimension_Neptunia

From left to right they represent:
ps3 - xbox360 - ???(new character) - imaginary new sega console - wii ;)

That's not a Famicom?

She should be the wii(sadly i never played the game)

"The game is a take on the seventh generation era "console war" among the three major consoles: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii."

"Blanc (White Heart)
Voiced by: Kana Asumi (Japanese), Wendee Lee (English)
She is a goddess who represents Lowee, which in itself, is a direct reference to the Wii."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperdimension_Neptunia

It is a Famicom. Those portraits are from the new game in the series, Neptune V, where it's all back and time and stuff, so Blanc has Famicom colors instead of Wii.

Ran rp

It will prominently feature the Vita and that'll be its main marketing push like the Power Glove and The Wizard.

Top Bottom