• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation 3 Launch Buyers Thread

evil ways

TheJollyCorner said:
so have any Gamestop/EB lackeys heard from their managers today? :D

Not Gamestop/EB, but last night my TRU store director basically confirmed bundle only sales for the PS3. It's still not showing in any of the pre-sell sheets so how they're going to be making the consoles/bundles available to people is still a mystery.

Lo-Volt

Marconelly said:
With all those working PS3s popping everywhere, can someone finally check if those power and eject buttons are touch sensors or not. :lol

I thought the post-E3 company photos showed buttons? Everything about the PS3 seems like a saga.

Kittonwy

Banned
Marconelly said:
With all those working PS3s popping everywhere, can someone finally check if those power and eject buttons are touch sensors or not. :lol

If only they can just properly demo the damn thing once and for all from turning it on to loading a game to playing it, to playing it online, to inviting friends from another game, etc, etc. ~_~

neojubei said:
I hope DMC4 TGS demo is avaliable to download at system launch. :D

Hell they should make all of the TGS demos available for download at launch :D

Ok, that's far from likely, but I think we should get some downloadable demos at launch. Or they should pack it in for us.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
gamergirly said:
So, the official word is that Gamestop/EB is taking preorders for PS3/Wii starting Wednesday?

What what what?

I will send one of my drones to gamestop ASAP. I have many drones.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I'll probably get a 20GB version (now that it has HDMI), plus Ridge Racer 7. Blu-ray movies and PS2 upscaling should be enough for a while.

Shawn said:
To tell you the truth, 90% of me doesn't give a sh*t about launch games. All I know is I want a PS3 because it has HDMI output, and connecting it my soon-to-be-purchased HDTV is going to make the video quality look un-f*cking-believeable.

Superior video quality is my main motivation. That's mostly all I care about.

Sure, I'm eventually going to amass a healthy library of PS3 games and Blu-ray movies, but for now the thought of PS3 rendering my library of PS2 games in 720p is more than enough to make me happy.

Digital output FTW!
hehe Just got my HD tv In preperation for the launch
I'm having a blast just going through all the options, I tried half life 2 in 1080 last night and its unblievable : )

I'll grab a 20gig IF I can get my hands on one, being far fewer and the more popluar SKU it seems.
Since motor Storm is getting pushed back a few weeks, I'll likely grab a copy of resistence. I didn't really know much about it until last week when I finally checked out the vids. I like what I'm seeing BUT 40 person MULTIPLAYER FTW!!! I can't wait.

pr0cs

Shawn said:
Sure, I'm eventually going to amass a healthy library of PS3 games and Blu-ray movies, but for now the thought of PS3 rendering my library of PS2 games in 720p is more than enough to make me happy.
Has it been confirmed that PS2 et al games will be upscaled automatically?

Shawn said:
Digital output FTW!

Heh, I think you've been hooked into Sony's story that HDMI (and a digital connection) is somehow magically better than analog. Sorry friend but that really depends on a ton of circumstances, the blanket statement that "digital is better than analog" is not always true.

so after sony gamers day what games are you looking at for launch?

For me its

Full Auto 2 or NFS Carbon
and

Either F.E.A.R.,R6 Vegas,COD3 or Resistance

mattiewheels said:
early adopting is a mistake more often than not, and the launch games are about as exciting to me as the ps2 launch, which is not very much. 600 dollars for a dadburn console, still can't get over that. Still can't get over that so many people fall in line with that, either.
Get over it unless you want to be left behind.

200px-BuckWilliams.jpg

Top Bottom