• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation 3 Launch Buyers Thread

artist

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
Btw, when I was at ebgames they said the warranty for the 20gig model would be 50 bucks, and 60gig model would be 60 bucks (10%) and 12 months long. If the manufacture warranty for sony is 9 months or whatever ebgames can keep the warranty, but if it's like 3 monts I'll probably have to pick one up just to be safe. :'(
Warranty is over-rated especially the first year or two. I get 2 years warranty from my CC and many people do the same. Avoid extended warranties!

Safe Bet

Banned
mattiewheels said:
..600 dollars for a dadburn console, still can't get over that. Still can't get over that so many people fall in line with that, either.
Wii has your name written all over it.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
irfan said:
Warranty is over-rated especially the first year or two. I get 2 years warranty from my CC and many people do the same. Avoid extended warranties!
Maybe I should get a CC then and pay with that. I intended on paying in cold hard cash. Funny thing is, ive never had a sony launch system (ps1/ps2/psp) go bad on me (meaning all of them work perfectly to this day), but I just feel I should get some sort of warranty this time just incase...those 360 threads scare me. :/

AniHawk

mattiewheels said:
early adopting is a mistake more often than not, and the launch games are about as exciting to me as the ps2 launch, which is not very much. 600 dollars for a dadburn console, still can't get over that. Still can't get over that so many people fall in line with that, either.

Looks like you're in the WRONG THREAD.

so am i, but i'm not being a jerk about it

....yet

Foil

I'm going to try and get one, but if not I'll try for the second or third shipment.

PlayStation 3 60GB
Resistance
Warhawk
Rainbow Six Vegas
Call of Duty 3

artist

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
Maybe I should get a CC then and pay with that. I intended on paying in cold hard cash. Funny thing is, ive never had a sony launch system (ps1/ps2/psp) go bad on me (meaning all of them work perfectly to this day), but I just feel I should get some sort of warranty this time just incase...those 360 threads scare me. :/
Get the CC now and be ready like me! :D The cushion of having a 2 year warranty for free = eb can kiss my ass.

artist

Banned
jiggle said:
does all CC company offer this? what's the cost? how do u get it?
I have CIBC Classic (student) which doubles the manufacturer's warranty. Same with PCF Mastercard that I have. I have a citi one which explicitly covers 2 years on all electronics (i think).

fartblast

Banned
the HD vids of Resistance on ign sold me... im going to try and get one at launch but if not ill just wait til next year. and is rainbow six vegas really a launch title? seeing as it's on ps3 it hopefully won't have the framerate issues that the 360 version has atm. i'd also definitely snag FEAR... but if i can't pre-order one i have enough ps2 games to catch up on as it is. might camp out, but i dunno.

Bebpo

Banned
mattiewheels said:
early adopting is a mistake more often than not, and the launch games are about as exciting to me as the ps2 launch, which is not very much. 600 dollars for a dadburn console, still can't get over that. Still can't get over that so many people fall in line with that, either.

I dunno, lineup seems pretty good to me! It's not as good as the DC/X360 launches which were the best launches ever (DC > X360), but it's better than the Wii launch if you take out fake-launch-title Zelda and it's a hell of a lot better than the PS2/GC launches.

Resistance + Motorstorm + Warhawk is a nice day 01 :) and Armored Core 4 a month later should give enough to play until the early/mid 07 titles (VF5/DMC4).

JB1981

I had my local Gamestop print me out the latest dates for PS3 launch titles and Warhawk has been pushed back to June 1st '07. ;(

They have Motorstorm as a launch day title, along with NBA '07 (not Live), Genjii, Fatal Inertia and Bladestorm. A whole bunch of multiplatform titles are hitting on the 1st, the 7th and the 14th.

Bebpo

Banned
JB1981 said:
I had my local Gamestop print me out the latest dates for PS3 launch titles and Warhawk has been pushed back to June 1st '07. ;(

Because gamestop always has the right dates for unannounced street date titles!

Ravenn17

Did Costco sell 360's as bundles at launch?

I was thinking about Costco since i have a business card and can get in earlier.

JB1981

Bebpo said:
Because gamestop always has the right dates for unannounced street date titles!

Well, the list looks fairly comprehensive (at least for launch titles), and they used to have Warhawk listed as a launch title. So, you never know.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Cheetoh stained finger prints will never look sexier... (repost?) http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/6135

drool.gif

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
mattiewheels said:

ha ha I make more money than you!

zarkand

I would like to get a PS3 (core pack) at launch, along with Resistance: Fall of Man and Warhawk, but thats a long shot for me. Not the type to wait in a line for hours on end when the reward may not be at the finish line.

On that, does anyone know when Sony will ship more PS3's out after launch? I assume we'd find more information about that after TGS. I just hope before the year is up. If I can't get one at launch I'd still like to get one this year.

rs7k

mattiewheels said:

Pfft, I ain't buying one to play it. Lots of people here are gonna ebay it, but they'd rather not admit it.

Bebpo

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Given that we've got no new Warhawk media since E3 a delay is expected.

I would be less happy about the PS3 launch if this is true :( I like about 3 high-quality games per launch >_<

Deku

Banned
mattiewheels said:

GAF only. I recently asked my gamer friends (who both play on the PS/PS2 as their main console for the last 10 years) and they were pretty pissed off about the pricing and the launch window software.

Ehat makes them angry isn't the price or the games, but just the lack of promise and vision in what Sony is doing with the PS3 and the E3 screwups didn't help either. That may change, but I would venture to guess a sizable portion of the casual/semi hardcore gamers which Sony currently 'owns' feel the same way.

JB1981

Deku said:
GAF only. I recently asked my gamer friends (who both play on the PS/PS2 as their main console for the last 10 years) and they were pretty pissed off about the pricing and the launch window software.

Ehat makes them angry isn't the price or the games, but just the lack of promise and vision in what Sony is doing with the PS3 and the E3 screwups didn't help either. That may change, but I would venture to guess a sizable portion of the casual/semi hardcore gamers which Sony currently 'owns' feel the same way.

My friends, who are VERY casual gamers have reacted much differently. They basically don't care how much it costs, because "It's Sony. And you just know Sony's gonna have the best shit."

jjasper

JB1981 said:
My friends, who are VERY casual gamers have reacted much differently. They basically don't care how much it costs, because "It's Sony. And you just know Sony's gonna have the best shit."

Pretty much what I have experienced. It is more like "Where the **** am I going to get the money" not "**** I am not paying that much"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Safe Bet said:
My friends don't even know what the **** E3 is (was).

:lol

My friends don't give a shit about "vision" either. I think any of my friends that used the word "vision" would probably get strange looks.

jjasper

Y2Kevbug11 said:
My friends don't give a shit about "vision" either. I think any of my friends that used the word "vision" would probably get strange looks.

True on both accounts. I don't even care what vision is, I just want the best games.

Deku said:

Most casuals don't even know what E3 is

Az987

all good things
I'll wait in line for a Wii and a PS3 @ hopefully bestbuy. I plan to get there like a day before.

My walmart only got like 8 or so 360's so I doubt theyd get more then 2 PS3's

jjasper

Az987 said:
I'll wait in line for a Wii and a PS3 @ hopefully bestbuy. I plan to get there like a day before.

My walmart only got like 8 or so 360's so I doubt theyd get more then 2 PS3's

That pretty hardcore, are you just going to stay at the best buy all weekend?:D

Chris_C

Assuming I have enough cash, I'll be getting the premo bundle, an extra controller and the following games:

Resistance: Fall of Man (must buy after the more recent vids)

Warhawk (assuming it's out for launch, and considering how polished the graphics were at E3 I don't see why not).

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas or Call of Duty 3 (Haven't decided yet)

If I don't get any of that I'll pick up Gears of War, a Wii, extra controller and Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda (is that a launch title?) and one other game, not sure what yet.

Amir0x

Banned
Chris_C said:
Assuming I have enough cash, I'll be getting the premo bundle, an extra controller and the following games:

Resistance: Fall of Man (must buy after the more recent vids)

Warhawk (assuming it's out for launch, and considering how polished the graphics were at E3 I don't see why not).

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas or Call of Duty 3 (Haven't decided yet)

If I don't get any of that I'll pick up Gears of War, a Wii, extra controller and Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda (is that a launch title?) and one other game, not sure what yet.

Mario Galaxy is a 2007 game, not a Wii launch game. Zelda is a "wii" launch game though

Though I'm exponentially more interested in the PS3, I'm not sure if I'll get one at launch. All the games I'm interested are 07 at the earliest. However, Ridge Racer 7 has piqued my interested; the online support sounds pretty good. I think it may end up being the make or break issue for me (pre-TGS of course).

Raistlin

I will attempt to get one at launch ... but I'm not all that confident it will happen.

The question is, if I actually am able to get one and they are fetching retarded sums of money on ebay ...

... will I be able to actually part with it and sell it?

The logical part of my brain feels that is a wonderful idea. Get extra cash (maybe almost a free PS3) ... potentially avoid the pitfalls of launch-HW issues ... plus, have a better selection of games when I do pull the trigger.

The gaming nerd in me on the other hand is screaming "Don't you dare ****ing sell that sweet sweet love machine".

:/

Hopefully I can hook one up, and my secret store will have one for me with minimal line waiting. But, of course, I'll be getting the big dog version with Resistance, maybe some Motorstorm, and I'll get my rockstar on with some SingStar ROCKS! Oh wait...I hate karaoke. Scratch that last one.

*looks around*

Love shack...bahaybeeeeeee.....LOVE SHACK BABY!

acklame

i really want one at launch, and with the lack of preorders, what would be the best way to secure one?

how did people get one during 360 launch? which store should i camp out, and at what time?

I can go to Sony meteron to try to get one there. when did people start camping out for ps2 over there?

Deku said:

lol :lol what a bunch of horseshit... -_-

ffxiii.jpg

promise? There's a whole lotta' promise with the PS3 that, like PS2 back when it was first unveiled in '99, will deliver.

I'll be there for launch, I am freinds with my local EB manager, so I am not worried about getting my hands on one, plus I already have most of the cash ready (as I set it aside specificly for this a couple months back).

I am going to grab Resistance, but I want to grab one other, though not sure what at this point, just waiting to see whatthe finalized launch list will be.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
With all those working PS3s popping everywhere, can someone finally check if those power and eject buttons are touch sensors or not. :lol

Shawn

Banned
To tell you the truth, 90% of me doesn't give a sh*t about launch games. All I know is I want a PS3 because it has HDMI output, and connecting it my soon-to-be-purchased HDTV is going to make the video quality look un-f*cking-believeable.

Superior video quality is my main motivation. That's mostly all I care about.

Sure, I'm eventually going to amass a healthy library of PS3 games and Blu-ray movies, but for now the thought of PS3 rendering my library of PS2 games in 720p is more than enough to make me happy.

Digital output FTW!

Top Bottom