• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

More like 2-4 years.

The exaggeration surrounding Kojima's dev times is ridiculous. My bet is late 2019.

Exaggeration? These are the games he wrote and directed since the first MGS.

Metal Gear Solid - 95 to 98 (3 years)
Sons of Liberty - 2001 (3 years)
Snake Eater - 2004 (3 years)
Guns of The Patriots - 2008 (4 years)
Peace Walker - 2010 (2 years)
Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - 20114/2015 (4/5 years)

Zone of the Enders??

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
If they can/want to neatly space out the games: Detroit in February, GoW in March, Dreams in April, RDR2 in May, Spider-Man in June. That'd be one hell of a first half of the year!

My predictions are Dreams Beta in February, God of War in March, Detroit: Become Human in April, Red Dead Redemption 2 in May (even though I think a delay to the fall is possible), Shadow of the Colossus after E3 in June and Spider Man in July after the 4th. Can also see Days Gone in September or October.

im not seeing what you are trying to prove with those games?
Seems like pretty normal dev times to me and nothing that underlines the argument Kojima would take forever.
Regarding Phantom Pain, they also had to create the FOX Engine first iirc

Dabi

Screams efficiency.

Zone of the Enders??

Kojima was only the producer on ZoE, it was more Murata's series than anyone else’s.

im not seeing what you are trying to prove with those games?
Seems like pretty normal dev times to me and nothing that underlines the argument Kojima would take forever.
Regarding Phantom Pain, they also had to create the FOX Engine first iirc

Screams efficiency.

Pretty much. People act like Kojima takes years and years to develop games when in reality, he's actually pretty efficient.

It's also worth remembering that each Metal Gear game was significantly different from the last one, so pointing to those and saying "a new IP will take even longer" completely misses the point.

Kojima was only the producer on ZoE, it was more Murata's series than anyone else’s.

Pretty much. People act like Kojima takes years and years to develop games when in reality, he's actually pretty efficient.

It's also worth remembering that each Metal Gear game was significantly different from the last one, so pointing to those and saying "a new IP will take even longer" completely misses the point.

Not to mention that this time GG handed him the Decima engine, so at least this time he will not spend time developing one!

Eggbok

I hope it's not tied to PS+. Same thing for the full game.
Anybody knows how limited LBP3 is without PS+?

I could be wrong but I don't think any beta has been tied to PS+, the release is a different question.

It’s happening

Good because...
timendsus.png

Very curious if we would even see TLOU Part II this year if the game is scheduled for a 2019-2020 release. I say don't show up at PSX debut the gameplay at E3 2018. The demand for TLOU missing PSX and showing up at next years E3 would be through the roof. Sony should just focus on some new games at PSX and give God of War and Spider-Man release dates.

DMC 5 is DEAD.

My only complaint is the hand should either be removed or replaced with something more Kratos like.
Yeah, maybe his ax or something.

Very curious if we would even see TLOU Part II this year if the game is scheduled for a 2019-2020 release. I say don't show up at PSX debut the gameplay at E3 2018. The demand for TLOU missing PSX and showing up at next years E3 would be through the roof. Sony should just focus on some new games at PSX and give God of War and Spider-Man release dates.

DMC 5 is DEAD.
Boothisman.gif DMC5 is alive and it is coming at PSX!

I think TLoU PT II footage is happening. I would be fine with reserving it for E3 2018 though. I know Gaf would meltdown though lol.

FelipeMGM

Played some Detroit yesterday (the Connor demo) and now Im way more hyped about it. The whole investigation and reconstruction aspect of it was really cool to play with, and character performance is really amazing

Sadly, I missed my appointments to see Days Gone and Detroit behind closed doors hands-off demos :(

Ancel mentions Wild in passing on his Instagram. I know every now and then someone wonders if it's alive.

bVDuAy3.jpg

Really looking forward to seeing more WiLD!!

Played some Detroit yesterday (the Connor demo) and now Im way more hyped about it. The whole investigation and reconstruction aspect of it was really cool to play with, and character performance is really amazing

Sadly, I missed my appointments to see Days Gone and Detroit behind closed doors hands off demos :(

Nooooooooo

Good to hear. I'm not a big fan of David Cage's writing but the amount of shit he gets is pathetic, so I really hope the extra writers they've brought on helps iron out his flaws and leads to something special.

Sadly, I missed my appointments to see Days Gone and Detroit behind closed doors demos :(

Oh, nice! Where did this happen?

I want God of War, Day's Gone and SoC...the rest can get delayed to 2019 ;)

Spider-Man has a better chance of coming next year than Days Gone, especially since it already has a 2018 release date and Days Gone doesn't. =P ;)

That said, I hope Days Gone is 2018. Looks fantastic.

Thorrgal

giphy-downsized-large.gif

uooac.gif

DREAMS IS COMING NEXT YEAR, BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry! That came out wrong...

Hopefully nothing gets delayed :)

Spider-Man has a better chance of coming next year than Days Gone, especially since it already has a 2018 release date and Days Gone doesn't. =P ;)

That said, I hope Days Gone is 2018. Looks fantastic.

I just wanna ride my bike through the american north west, chilling...killing some zombies while at it :p

Survival Mode on Lost Legacy is a lot of fun! Three people is the best way to go, and the bosses + mystical attacks you can use are actually really good.

I've never really played multiplayer on Naughty Dog games, but this is a lot of fun as I finally beat the moderate difficulty today. I always heard The Last of Us has good multiplayer, so I'll be reading about TLOU II's multiplayer when information becomes known.

NKnight7

Neo Member
Survival Mode on Lost Legacy is a lot of fun! Three people is the best way to go, and the bosses + mystical attacks you can use are actually really good.

I've never really played multiplayer on Naughty Dog games, but this is a lot of fun as I finally beat the moderate difficulty today. I always heard The Last of Us has good multiplayer, so I'll be reading about TLOU II's multiplayer when information becomes known.

My brother loves it, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on MP information for Last of Us II. I'm hoping the infected show up in the MP this time around.

Also, I will not be opposed to another Rayman in the future. I'd love to see that series try another 3D entry, though Origins and Legends were excellent.

Sadly, I missed my appointments to see Days Gone and Detroit behind closed doors demos :(

Aw dude, I would have loved to hear some info from first-hand experience with Days Gone! :(

Top Bottom