• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PR = Bad PR: cancelling Infamous interview to be petty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guled said:
I guess you never stepped into the official inFamous thread. Anyway, the state of vg journalism won't get better with the fans it has. People don't want well written articles or reviews that criticize the game, they want koatku typed posts that reword the pr statements and reviews that blindly praise the game

Actually i want them but fairly for all games,not flaming this game because is laggy online,then completely ignoring lag in other game because they like that game or because the game is loved by every one and the review most be high to keep fans happy,even that the lag on that game if far worst that in the one slammed.

I have been critically about this is about been consistent,if games like army of two suck because your Ai friend suck other games with this problem most suck as well,is one of the biggest problem out there,the inconsistency.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Loudninja said:
andycapps said:
Hey guys, I just checked CNN and guess what, they weren't covering this story. Believe it or not, they don't care. All you people getting worked up over a dick writer, pulling a dick move, and Sony pulling a dick move in return need to get over it. This happens in other industries all the time, get used to it.

Yeah ,have to agree with.

Let's keep your discussion to news that are shown on CNN then. It's a great thing if you think about it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
pilonv1 said:
what a predictable thread.
Any chance to shit on Sony and they all come out.

And boo hoo, lets play like 3 year olds in this Gamefaqs-esque thread. Both sides are wrong and the game is great, deal with it.

This stuff happens all the time in journalism of any kind.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Matthew Gallant said:
Topic re-re-routing: Is SecretBonusPoint the Sony PR guy who fucked up, or just a colleague?

You're really taking this shit to heart aren't you?

Matthew Gallant said:
Topic re-re-routing: Is SecretBonusPoint the Sony PR guy who fucked up, or just a colleague?

Yeah. And I watched Chick arrive from my penthouse office and started masturbating when I saw the front desk turn him away. His expression of shock, outrage and confusion was so delicious I had to cancel my 3 o'clock and 4 o'clocks as well, so you can expect whiny threads about their cancelled interviews soon as well.

Gravijah

Protip: When the thread starts getting boring, read all of Matthew Gallants posts in the voice of that guy from Planets Funniest Animals. NO, NOT THE BLACK GUY WHO REPLACED THE FIRST GUY, THE FIRST GUY! WITH THE FUNNY VOICE! YEAH, HIM!

Dragon

Banned
If we ignore the many ad hominem attacks in this thread, regardless of how stupid Tom Chick's articles are, I haven't read them, there's a certain level of decorum that maintains professional relationships. If what's talked about in this thread is true, then I believe Sony violated that. But this detritus being spewed back and forth is rather unnecessary. There's not much else to say unless I'm missing something.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Tormentoso said:
Actually i want them but fairly for all games,not flaming this game because is laggy online,then completely ignoring lag in other game because they like that game or because the game is loved by every one and the review most be high to keep fans happy,even that the lag on that game if far worst that in the one slammed.

I have been critically about this is about been consistent,if games like army of two suck because your Ai friend suck other games with this problem most suck as well,is one of the biggest problem out there,the inconsistency.

If I was a cartoon character, there would be a question mark over my head.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
TheBranca18 said:
If we ignore the many ad hominem attacks in this thread, regardless of how stupid Tom Chick's articles are, I haven't read them, there's a certain level of decorum that maintains professional relationships. If what's talked about in this thread is true, then I believe Sony violated that. But this detritus being spewed back and forth is rather unnecessary. There's not much else to say unless I'm missing something.
How did Sony violate the decorum after Tom Chick acted like an arse and wrote up some articles for the sake site-filling?

Has anyone posted popcorn.gif or tears.gif yet? I don't have images loaded at work..

neorej said:
How did Sony violate the decorum after Tom Chick acted like an arse and wrote up some articles for the sake site-filling?

Well, this only holds true if you avoid ad hominem attacks.

Draft

Wow, another PR blunder from Sony. When will they learn.

At least this time it wasn't with a high profile game.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
LiquidMetal14 said:
Any chance to shit on Sony and they all come out.

And boo hoo, lets play like 3 year olds in this Gamefaqs-esque thread. Both sides are wrong and the game is great, deal with it.

This stuff happens all the time in journalism of any kind.

Dude, I'm not impressed by you today. Take a break, it might help you cool off.

-PXG-

It doesn't matter if it was positive or negative. Someone who is supposed to be a "professional" doesn't make "top x" lists. Be a little more substantive for fuck's sake.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
It doesn't surprise me someone cockblocked him when he couldn't even manage to get things about the game (good or bad) right in his top ten lists. However, him just being a douche can accomplish the same thing. Being a "critic" doesn't mean you can be a douche. If the message and the points you wish to get across are lost in you attempting to be cute, you've failed.

Tormentoso said:

Tormentoso
His arguments are weak and his points are invalid
(Today, 08:20 AM)
Reply | Quote

Mods have had this right for quite some time.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Yeah. And I watched Chick arrive from my penthouse office and started masturbating when I saw the front desk turn him away. His expression of shock, outrage and confusion was so delicious I had to cancel my 3 o'clock and 4 o'clocks as well, so you can expect whiny threads about their cancelled interviews soon as well.

i LOL'd

Miburou

Draft said:

I'd like to punch you in the face.... if I actually cared about this game. :lol

_Angelus_

Banned
They haven't changed much,the same old arrogance is still there with Sony. They talk the talk but can't take a Peter Moore type EGM grilling from a journalist? Jesus they have problems and it just shows you how deep their insecurities go,wow.
Sony's house is made of glass more than ever.

Cat in the Hat said:
Tormentoso
His arguments are weak and his points are invalid
(Today, 08:20 AM)
Reply | Quote

Mods have had this right for quite some time.

Congrats you are like the 100 person to post that instead of and actual refutal to one of my arguments.:lol

The best part about it is that what i actually say was right,stupid articles are just as bad as corporate PR dude,but i see that your mind is blocked and you can't agree with a person because he say something you don't like and that means that you have to disagree with everything that person say.

So sad.

Angelus said:
They haven't changed much,the same old arrogance is still there with Sony. They talk the talk but can't take a Peter Moore type EGM grilling from a journalist? Jesus they have problems and it just shows you how deep their insecurities go,wow.
Sony's house is made of glass more than ever.
man its good to see you all out in full force this morning

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Matthew Gallant said:
Please elaborate.

5) Infamous is great about not letting you accidentally run off a ledge. Thanks for that, Sucker Punch! However, there is no easy way to go from standing on a ledge to dangling from it. Which wouldn't be a big deal if Infamous didn't constantly position collectibles in such a way that you have to jump off a ledge and then quickly turn around and grab it. This is worst when it's over water, which is instantly fatal to Coll.

This is done with a simple press of the circle button.

pr0cs

[Nintex] said:
Just wait for EDGE to give this a 6 and the real shitstorm starts
Why do I think that the first page of that thread would be 90% of the people from this thread?

Dragon

Banned
Draft said:

They certainly make a lot of blunders. But they usually don't post trying to piss people off in a thread like some people I know :D

mentalfloss said:
Top 10 Reasons why bad PR is okay because Tom Chick is a terrible journalist - according to morally comprehensive GAF

By Tom Chick

Actually can you quote the people in this thread who are actually saying or meaning that bad PR is ok.?

And why in thia particular case that PR is bad,because it was and interview not a PR move to justify a problem cover it or any of the ussual PR stuns Sony and some other company's pull.

I'm not sure how someone who thought Deux Ex was "90% bad" could be taken very seriously.

5) Infamous is great about not letting you accidentally run off a ledge. Thanks for that, Sucker Punch! However, there is no easy way to go from standing on a ledge to dangling from it. Which wouldn't be a big deal if Infamous didn't constantly position collectibles in such a way that you have to jump off a ledge and then quickly turn around and grab it. This is worst when it's over water, which is instantly fatal to Coll.

Kintaro said:
This is done with a simple press of the circle button.

That's a Eurogamer + Hailstorm in SP type blunder right there lol.

AkuMifune

Banned
Whatever. Tom Chick had it coming. I mean, I was pretty underwhelmed by KZ2, but even I found his "review" of that game complete trash. After another similarly shitty article on Infamous I can see why they would blow him off too.

Just because he's been around awhile doesn't change the fact he's a tool parading as a clown.

LCfiner

Maybe i shouldn't be surprised that so many people on GAF are siding with Sony here :lol

What this PR move says is that only positive articles will allow writers from a site access to the studio.

And that's bullshit.

Just like it was bullshit when Ubisoft cut off 1up/EGM for one of the assassin's creed reviews.

or when Eidos pushed Gamespot to kick Gerstmann out for the K&L review.

It's just a bunch of whiny corporate babies who can't handle people talking about their products in a bad light. The content of the writers' articles shouldn't be in question.

And, the inherit problem with the gaming enthusiast press (calling it journalism is a joke) is that they fucking need PR. PR has them by the balls. which is why so many previews are gloriously positive and reviews from some major sites use kid gloves.

it's ridiculous.

But, since so many of the consumers want to feel justified in their console of choice or their game of the month (see: this fucking thread), they want positive press everywhere for the stuff they bought and the cycle continues.

Tormentoso said:
Actually can you quote the people in this thread who are actually saying or meaning that bad PR is ok.?

And why in thia particular case that PR is bad,because it was and interview not a PR move to justify a problem cover it or any of the ussual PR stuns Sony and some other company's pull.

Tormentoso
His arguments are weak and his points are invalid..j/k..

I dunno.. does this move count as PR?

Have you guys forgotten this is the same guy who wrote that "top 10 overrated games of 2008" and that stupid as hell article about Killzone 2. His writing is filled with stupid nitpicking, hypocrisy, and outright lies.

Clinton514

LCfiner said:
And, the inherit problem with the gaming enthusiast press (calling it journalism is a joke) is that they fucking need PR. PR has them by the balls. which is why so many previews are gloriously positive and reviews from some major sites use kid gloves.

it's ridiculous.

I agree with you here. I think this is the root of the problem right there.

Sqorgar

Banned
dejan said:
Tom Chick: "Deus Ex isn't all bad, though; I'd say it's only 90% bad."
I remember getting into an argument with Chick about this back in my usenet days. His argument was that because Deus Ex contained a sewer level and you broke open crates and boxes to get ammo, then Deus Ex was unoriginal and boring.

mentalfloss said:
Tormentoso
His arguments are weak and his points are invalid..j/k..

I dunno.. does this move count as PR?

:lol

101 you are... and again not refutal to my argument what so ever,i wonder what would be the excuse if the mod actually erase that from my profile..:lol

Oh well feel free to quote those people you say that are actually trying to say or imply that bad PR is ok,or why this PR was bad to begin with since this was and interview and not an actual PR stunt to cover something or fix something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom