• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Predicts Over 22.6 Million PS5s Sold Per Year

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
*looks at thread title*
Gamepass™
Space Force Reaction GIF

Spidey Fan

Banned
You mean you'll pay $360-240 ($180-120 per year) worth of subscription for very few 3rd third party games hitting GP and to play Starfield in 2 years? You know that this makes your whole post a joke? You know that 99% of the big third party games aren't on GP?

Anyway, you can enjoy this lunacy, and we really don't care much about you not buying any game at $70 nor spending on GP. I think what's happening here is that you and your brother console war at home and he keeps laughing at you and you come here to vent. Try to be brothers if you're really serious about games being expensive, because GP isn't fucking free. Maybe try some F2P games that MS has now finally left the paywall.
I can cancel them anytime i want to. Plus they aren't for their 1st party only. I play 3rd party games specifically for gamepass.

My math for it is 60$ for ea play (30$ each on pc, and xbox). 60$ for pc gamepass. 60$ for xbox gamepass. I calculate it as a 3 games a year, but pay 15$ as installment.

*looks at thread title*
Gamepass™
Space Force Reaction GIF

Damn the OP screwed up the title.

:lollipop_pensive:

I guess we have to ask Kratos to change it.

God Of War Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edit: Wasn't there a thread with a 3D audio derail added to the title? Maybe this one needs a Gamepass derail added to it?

Edit 2: Found it.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I think it's easier to acknowledge that you made an uneducated post instead of making even more of them. And wtf is competition, passion, and innovation? Do you mean Sony releasing all their exclusives on Xbox and Nintendo and vice versa? What are even trying to say with all the contradictions happening there?

Here is a simple example: Starfield and FH5 not releasing on PS5 makes xbox has something new to offer. You see? How about Nintendo releasing their games on PS5 and XSX with extremely better graphics and performance? You know competition, passion, innovation, human rights, think of the children, etc.
No I'm not saying anything about whether Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo should release their exclusives on different platforms. I said I don't connect the dots. Meaning, to me, having more console sales does not directly correlate with more exclusives. Sony said themselves after the success of the PS4 that they were looking to do LESS exclusives. That by itself lends credence to my point. It's not a direct correlation.

The more telling sign is the nature of competition present between rivaling companies. Take EA for example. Angry Joe recently had a video demonstrating the cut and paste bullshit that is Madden 22. While I don't like watching his videos, he does show the evidence and you can't argue with that. EA has NO COMPETITION in the Pro Football gaming space. It shows because of the lack of innovation and increase in quality.

The second thing that dictates more or better exclusives is passion. Having a burning desire to create breeds innovation.

I'll add that the third thing is the advancement of technology.

Exclusives alone do not push gaming forward. Again, exclusives are simply a by-product of competition.

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
Good for you. There is a thread to talk about your love for it. This is a PS5 thread in which you've been derailing for several pages to play Jehova's Witness for GamePass.
I love that Playstation guy. I just have love hate relationships with him. I kinda need to finish this spiderman fast. Next project is god of war. I tried to play 3 game after each save, well experience was shit. Now I am doing 1 at time. I dont what will be the next. Last of us 1, 2 or ghost of Tsushima. Uncharted is on hold for now. First one is pissing me off with those stupid enemies. I like the platform aspect, can't say the same about the enemies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
No I'm not saying anything about whether Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo should release their exclusives on different platforms. I said I don't connect the dots. Meaning, to me, having more console sales does not directly correlate with more exclusives. Sony said themselves after the success of the PS4 that they were looking to do LESS exclusives. That by itself lends credence to my point. It's not a direct correlation.

The more telling sign is the nature of competition present between rivaling companies. Take EA for example. Angry Joe recently had a video demonstrating the cut and paste bullshit that is Madden 22. While I don't like watching his videos, he does show the evidence and you can't argue with that. EA has NO COMPETITION in the Pro Football gaming space. It shows because of the lack of innovation and increase in quality.

The second thing that dictates more or better exclusives is passion. Having a burning desire to create breeds innovation.

I'll add that the third thing is the advancement of technology.

Exclusives alone do not push gaming forward. Again, exclusives are simply a by-product of competition.

R&C is an exclusive product, and with more games designed around the system without Achilles' ankle arrow of lowest common denominator on multiplats PS5 exclusives will always advance gaming because they have a healthy fanbase that supports it and gives them the financial prowess to redirect the revenue into new, bigger games. Next PS5 games will simply be much better than last gen, and more expensive to build, that's the nature of the gaming development.

You can enjoy gaming advancement in Ubisoft's new F2P model, battle royales, copy-pasta 3rd party games. There is still no game outside PS Studios that comes close to the production quality of Uncharted 4, let alone the newer games. If anything, the gaming industry seems to be degrading rapidly outside PS, hence the port begging.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Twitter didn't give that away?
I Dont Believe You Dr Strangelove GIF
I don't read his stuff on twitter, I just see what gets posted about him. Staking out people at Best Buy and thinking random people standing around outside are surely buying an Xbox and having that "need" for it to be true seems kinda psychotic. I honestly had no idea he took it that seriously.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't read his stuff on twitter, I just see what gets posted about him. Staking out people at Best Buy and thinking random people standing around outside are surely buying an Xbox and having that "need" for it to be true seems kinda psychotic. I honestly had no idea he took it that seriously.
Imagine having to get a restraining order over a fantard. :pie_roffles:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
R&C is an exclusive product, and with more games designed around the system without Achilles' ankle arrow of lowest common denominator on multiplats PS5 exclusives will always advance gaming because they have a healthy fanbase that supports it and gives them the financial prowess to redirect the revenue into new, bigger games. Next PS5 games will simply be much better than last gen, and more expensive to build, that's the nature of the gaming development.

You can enjoy gaming advancement in Ubisoft's new F2P model, battle royales, copy-pasta 3rd party games. There is still no game outside PS Studios that comes close to the production quality of Uncharted 4, let alone the newer games. If anything, the gaming industry seems to be degrading rapidly outside PS, hence the port begging.
If quality only pertains to production value to you...then ok that's your opinion. I don't see things that way.

Quality to me means innovation and new ideas. That's just me though. If I thought like you, R&C or an Uncharted 4 would be the best game of all time at this current moment. They aren't to me. My top game of all time is Phantom Dust. Game's like 15 years old and has yet to be beaten.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Thnx to gamepass, I bought all ps4 exclusive, since it saved me money from buying xbox games. I ain't no fanboy who shit on 1 thing. I own both systems. Without gamepass, I wouldn't have bothered with either console, and just stick to pc and switch.
Okay so you are Fartynoob, that GP evangelist I see everywhere. I knew it.

You're a joke here. Bye.

Melchiah

Man please, stop with you shit nonsense. I can see Playstation trying bigger numbers this year. But there is no way xbox will take 5 years to catch them. Xbox has effectively a monopoly on western rpg right now. Do you know how many people are fan of these IPs.

Last generation, Sony won, since Xbox didn't have any compelling products. Now they have gamepass, and western rpgs.

Playstation will still dominate on the Japanese rpgs without a doubt, since Xbox has no leg on that genre. Anything else, is neck to neck.
Wow, watch out guys, we got a bad guy here. He is gonna lash you with his fanboys power.
excited malcolm mcdowell GIF by Warner Archive

Top Bottom