• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PSP Viral Marketrs caught REd-handed

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Stinkles said:
omg thatz pathetic

everyone buy Halo 3 next year

Hey stinkles I now have 400% more respect for you. I know you are here to clown around, make Sony look bad, and hype the 360 with Halo 3 but at least you aren't this bad.

Gio_CoD

Banned
I would be ashamed to be involved with this campaign. Absolutely ashamed. I felt embarassed just looking at the website.

Dante

I don't care about doing viral stuff ( three speech, ilovebees, et...) But this is just executed so poorly. I'm not too fond of all the Sony Pile-ons lately, but this one is well deserved :lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This was on their page.

print_ad.jpg

Remember guys this is NOT an advertisement from Sony.

Arsenal

Battersea Power Station said:
I think the mods should allow one of us to have a second user name on GAF, and we should post here for a few months to rack up some posting history, then sign that name up as a viral marketeer with one of these businesses. And that user will have to play along with whatever they ask him to do (and do a good job at it), but everyone on GAF will know it's BS, and have a good laugh.

Hell, I'll try that with this account - where should I sign up?

KTallguy

Banned
Sony viral marketing. Wow.

I do admit it's pretty hilariously bad.

But it seems like it's this bad on purpose... ! ? I dunno, it's perplexing just looking at the thing.

URNotE. <-- make it red in your MIND

So Sony "hired" people to pretend to like the PSP, just like they did with a movie critic for giving "Garfield:lol " two thumbs up?

Blame!

yah they are getting crucified on their own website.... damn i want sony to turn itself around but this is jujst too painful....

Maridia

Blame! said:
yah they are getting crucified on their own website.... damn i want sony to turn itself around but this is jujst too painful....

Anything SA exposes gets it pretty rough.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GhaleonEB said:
David Manning was a serious critic. Honest.

On 3 August 2005, Sony made an out-of-court settlement[2] and agreed to refund $5 to anyone who saw Hollow Man, The Animal, The Patriot, A Knight's Tale or Vertical Limit in American theatres between 3 August 2000 and 31 October 2001.

WTF? Can i still get my money back? I still have those tickets.

David Manning Wikipedia entry said:
On 3 August 2005, Sony made an out-of-court settlement[2] and agreed to refund $5 to anyone who saw Hollow Man, The Animal, The Patriot, A Knight's Tale or Vertical Limit in American theatres between 3 August 2000 and 31 October 2001.
lol I wish I had known that.

Joe

i bet the marketing geniuses that put this together probably think they're in the loop and "get it". that stuff was pretty pathetic.

Wario64 said:

WTF? Can i still get my money back? I still have those tickets.

I want my money too after seeing Hollow Man. Who would of thought Sony even made horrible T.V. shows back then.

GhaleonEB

Joe said:
i bet the marketing geniuses that put this together probably think they're in the loop and "get it". that stuff was pretty pathetic.
There's probably a lot of people who genuinely feel proud of this work, and are right now, this very minute, being emotionally devastated at being uncovered and riduculed.

Which makes this whole thing even funnier.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
college_boy said:
Can you rephrase that in hip white rap lingo?

Yo homes I heard Ho-Hizzle three-zizzle is the shizzle fo rizzle. Bow down now. Oh yeah yo what up wit PS3 720p bein all up in the non-nativizzle on the blu ray dizzle? That's wack. Peace.

h@y guyz i m a k1d in college and i LUV the PSP it rox i luv the 16:9 aspect ratio screen for sho'in my mad rap skillz to my pimp homies, i luv the Memory Stick Pro Duo support for all my FUXING SWEET rap music that the youth culture including myself luvs, i luv the umd support cos it gives fuxing sweet developers 1.8 gigabytes of storage space for creating surprisingly large games for a handheld system, and i luv the sleek form factor !! i also luv the GAMES including Rockstar Leeds' own Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories & Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (R) as well as Konami's Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (R) !! it ROX and these madhat pimp shreddin homies on the youtube KNOW WHERE IT IS AT YOU DIG ME

fo sho

Blame!

Stinkles said:
Yo homes I heard Ho-Hizzle three-zizzle is the shizzle fo rizzle. Bow down now. Oh yeah yo what up wit PS3 720p bein all up in the non-nativizzle on the blu ray dizzle? That's wack. Peace.

:lol

man i shouldnt be laughing but i know somebody just lost their xmas bonus over at zipatoni....or maybe even their jobs :(

I think it's time to offically say Sony is the worst now at marketing.

Nintendo and Microsoft hands down have done a better job advertising this year. Sony's marketing attempts, especailly for the PSP are just .... dismal and borderline offensive. It's like that girl at school who used to run her junior high finding out she suddenly isn't shit in high school :lol They're just trying way too hard to be cool.

VALIS

Not surprising coming from the same brain trust that thought fake "urban" graffiti for the PSP on buildings and subway cars was also a good idea.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Major Ynos anyone? :lol

Either that, or a legit campaign where it's supposed to be immediately clear that it's not genuine. That "This is not an ad" ad makes it pretty transparent without even bothering to check DNS.

Stinkles said:
Sold, I'll buy several.

Aristotlekh said:
h@y guyz i m a k1d in college and i LUV the PSP it rox i luv the 16:9 aspect ratio screen for sho'in my mad rap skillz to my pimp homies, i luv the Memory Stick Pro Duo support for all my FUXING SWEET rap music that the youth culture including myself luvs, i luv the umd support cos it gives fuxing sweet developers 1.8 gigabytes of storage space for creating surprisingly large games for a handheld system, and i luv the sleek form factor !! i also luv the GAMES including Rockstar Leeds' own Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories & Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (R) as well as Konami's Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (R) !! it ROX and these madhat pimp shreddin homies on the youtube KNOW WHERE IT IS AT YOU DIG ME

fo sho

I could barely read that:lol . Is it suppose to be a rap song?

Top Bottom