• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony says Vita was developed for PS4 more than PS3, not unreasonable to own both

P90

Between Vita and the WiiU I'm not sure which is a bigger punching bag at the moment.

Yeah. Happens way too much.

Not directed at you: Funny, but, I think the Vita has a very good library and the Wii U has some truly excellent games coming in the next several months. For my tastes, much better than the XBone and PS4's.

TripOpt55

I already own a Vita. Will own a PS4.

But please, make some actual games for Vita and not just indie or low budget games. Remote play is fine, but if Vita remains just as a second screen for PS4, I will be disappointed.

I hope Gamescon brings us new titles for Vita.

Sums up my thoughts. I want exclusive Vita titles. Stuff like Gravity Rush and Tearaway. Or even exclusive entries in existing series like Golden Abyss.

gragy10

Heard about the remote play PS4 functionality and realised how useful that'd be in a house with no gaming room.
Got a mint condition 2nd hand vita from ebay for just under £100.
Got 32gb memory card from amazon for £55.
PS+ for £40
Less than £200 and I have a beautifully made handheld with a bunch of storage and a rotating list of quality software.
Is it over run with software? Hell no, but no one I know has a handheld as their primary system. Shit, I have a steam backlog I'll never, ever make a dent in so I'm more than happy to chip away at UC:GA, Wipeout & Gravity Rush on the commute to & from work.
Bottom line: Vita done shrewdly is a whole lot of bang for buck

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It might be wishful thinking but a side effect of Remote Play for every PS4 title could be to at least demo what those games could be like native on the Vita, providing a "free" prototype that may help more devs get on board with moving games natively to Vita.

flipside is that if the PS4 is a runaway success, third party native vita versions of PS4 games may dry up as many people could just play the PS4 version remotely - effectively giving you cross-buy (allowing for connectivity etc)

yeah so exciting

watch dogs on the Vita *BARF*

cant wait to perform vital actions using the abysmal backtouch controls

and if i wanted to touch a screen to control a game i would just stick to my Iphone 4S

no sony, give me vita games built around the hardware limitations ( only 2 triggers, no clickable sticks, etc)

Wow...

Anyway, remote play will be awesome and Vita is worth it IMO just for the free games from PS+ and the PS1 classics I play. I got a used one in mint condition in the box with everything and an 8gb card for $150. So worth it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's absolutely not unreasonable to own both just like having a psp and a ps3, but people did not buy the psp as an accessory for the ps3, people bought psp for its games, having indie games on vita is truly awesome, but despite what they say most of the people wants AAA games with awesome graphics.
Games like these sell vita.
original.jpg
Toukiden_2_0007.jpg
ivAqSWdqlBg81.gif
Not indie or not-AAA new ips.

nikatapi

If they can pull off remote play with minimum lag, it will be awesome.
Though i wouldn't buy a vita just for remote play, i'd like to see some great games and sony has under-performed in this part.

At least there are great indie games coming on the platform.

VanWinkle

It's absolutely not unreasonable to own both just like having a psp and a ps3, but people did not buy the psp as an accessory for the ps3, people bought psp for its games, having indie games on vita is truly awesome, but despite what they say most of the people wants AAA games with awesome graphics.

I love these indie games we've been getting, but I DEFINITELY agree we need more big budget retail games. Tearaway and Killzone look incredible and we need more of that. Not to mention there are still several big Sony IPs that are not on Vita.

DigitalOp

Banned
Let me just lay it straight...

Vita is excellent hardware.

Its 250 bucks but could succumb to a price cut in the near future, maybe even a PS4 bundle down the road.

There is a secret charge due to memory storage, Its grossly overpriced but could succumb to change as well

The games library consists of a handful of worthwhile exclusives, late ports of decent games, back catalog of PS1 and PSP, and indie games. We may a handful more blockbuster exclusives in the rest of its lifetime.

Online gameplay is free and maxed at 8 people

PS+ adds more value than you think for the Vita

It has a couple multimedia apps like Netflix and Youtube. Could grow in time..

It looks like part of its major purpose was for PS4 Remote Play

After what you see here... Take it or leave it. Im so tired of the pointless bickering. It is what it is.

Yes I own a Vita. Yes, I love my Vita.

Randy

yeah so exciting

watch dogs on the Vita *BARF*

cant wait to perform vital actions using the abysmal backtouch controls

and if i wanted to touch a screen to control a game i would just stick to my Iphone 4S

no sony, give me vita games built around the hardware limitations ( only 2 triggers, no clickable sticks, etc)

Could be fun for local multiplayer though. Someone who controls the main character and someone who hacks into stuff through a minigame or something like that.

Sylver

Banned
I'd hope VITA wasn't developed for any other console than itself...

I don't want VITA to become just an overpriced accessory for PS4 and taking a look to upcoming future seems this is what we can expect.

ionca

Banned

toukiden looks really good on vita.

Top Bottom