• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Leadership is pretty lazy at the moment.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I said the two year period and yes in that two year period of 2014 to 2014 yes there was a big disparity compared to what Sony put out on BOTH sides.

Maybe not exactly two times but it's a bigger list if you add the missing games.

I would like to see these few extra games that would make it a big disparity because there are only a few games I didn't mention, which means the "big disparity" is false.

I would like to see these few extra games that would make it a big disparity because there are only a few games I didn't mention, which means the "big disparity" is false.

9 to 15 games is a pretty big gap, especially since a lot of the latter were higher production. That's not including timed titles either.

And then you have the Wii U on the other side.

All I'm saying is they could have did better. And them not doing so "helped" the statement that they had no games. Sure, some of what you said are also a part of it but you make it seem like it was the "primary' reason which isn't the case.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
9 to 15 games is a pretty big gap, especially since a lot of the latter were higher production. That's not including timed titles either.

And then you have the Wii U on the other side.

All I'm saying is they could have did better. And them not doing so "helped" the statement that they had no games. Sure, some of what you said are also a part of it but you make it seem like it was the "primary' reason which isn't the case.

List those other games. I'm waiting.

WaterAstro

lol lazy

They're coasting right now. They've set up all their studios for success. Microsoft bitchslapped and abandoned Insomniac, then Sony picked them back up on their feet with the most successful game they've ever made. Sony's hard work had already paid off, and they're focused on the games after Days Gone, Death Stranding, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima,

Microsoft can pick up all the studios they want, but all of them combined isn't even at the level of Kojima.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Or you could look them up. Whats the point of you starting a list ware if you didn't look up either list?
I already looked up the list and I know you're just spreading nonsense. I'm asking to you to post the list because I know you can't prove the big disparity claim.

I already looked up the list and I know you're just spreading nonsense. I'm asking to you to post the list because I know you can't prove the big disparity claim.

If you looked up the list you wouldn't have said you're possibly missing from both sides.

You're missing several Xbox One retail games. Takes 5 seconds to look it up. I'll give you one, Fantasia, now find the rest.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
If you looked up the list you wouldn't have said you're possibly missing from both sides.

You're missing several Xbox One retail games. Takes 5 seconds to look it up. I'll give you one, Fantasia, now find the rest.

Playstation 4

DC Universe Online (released on Xbox One 2016)
Resogun
Blacklight: Retribution
Transistor
flower
Trine 2

Xbox One

Crimson Dragon
Fighter Within
Fantasia: Music Evolved
Halo: Spartan Assault
Zoo Tycoon

Right now it's a matter if smaller titles that make up rest of the fold and it STILL doesn't support your claim.

Playstation 4

DC Universe Online (released on Xbox One 2016)
Resogun
Blacklight: Retribution
Transistor
flower
Trine 2

Xbox One

Crimson Dragon
Fighter Within
Fantasia: Music Evolved
Halo: Spartan Assault
Zoo Tycoon

Right now it's a matter if smaller titles that make up rest of the fold and it STILL doesn't support your claim.

Fantasia is a retail game. I have no idea why you're moving away from retail. Zoo tycoon is also a retail game. As if fighters within. None of your PS4 list is retail during that time period.

Xbox One had a good amount more retail titles. All I'm saying is Cony could have done a better job. Either way "PS3 cross games are not the "primary" reason people said PS4 had no games, which was my point.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Fantasia is a retail game. I have no idea why you're moving away from retail. Zoo tycoon is also a retail game. As if fighters within. None of your PS4 list is retail during that time period.

Xbox One had a good amount more retail titles. All I'm saying is Cony could have done a better job. Either way "PS3 cross games are not the "primary" reason people said PS4 had no games, which was my point.

You added retail in an attempt to move the goalpost. This is about games. Games period. Retail or digital, It doesn't matter.

If a game like Resogun is more popular and sold more copies than Fighter Within, then your point means nothing. And lets not forget that Killer Instinct was a digital title in 2013 and marketed as a free-to-play title with added DLC content. But this means nothing, just funny you didn't bring it up at first until I started asking you to name more titles. Fact shows PS4 had games and you did nothing to prove differently. You simply tried to sneak in "retail" stuff to remove games from the list.

You added retail in an attempt to move the goalpost.

I've mentioned retail since my first response to you and multiple posts since, you're the only one moving goal posts:

actually it started because the big 2013 retail games were Knack and Killzone. And it took forever to build from there until 2015.

And considering Retail games are what people were using to say the PS4 have no games yes it does matter.

Microsoft is acquiring games left and right. and Sony is putting resources into PS vue? what a 180 huh.

am not saying that Sony is losing. but they will be if they keep this up. look PS2,PS3 and PS4. if you wanted single player exclusives that are diverse. you go with Sony, thats just the public knowledge of the consoles. the problem now is that Sony has closed their only studio that makes arcade racers in evolution. and closed cambridge in 2016. and now Microsoft actually has a bigger 1p lineup than they do. and they aren't looking to stop

I mean. its not just about microsoft having these studios, these are 6 studios, that soon will no longer make games for playstation platform, they will be on PC, they will be on xbox, they wont be on PS5. as ahead as they are and as well as they are doing. they seem to be pretty fucking Stingy to not do a damn thing. they could acquire 2-3 studios and call it a day as that is negligible investment for them. and pretty much a profit if they keep the quality on par with tier other studios.

we have Oct-Nov-Dec-jan-feb-march-april. thats 6 months window between two 1p releases. spiderman and days gone. I mean I get take longer to make now. but just because microsoft is dropping the ball. you shouldn't stop investing into your first party lineup. this is the first generation they actually closed more studios which 2, than they bought. which is a whopping 0.

and while their games are good. you can't deny the fact that the naughty dog DNA is polarizing the Sony studios. from god of war to days gone to ghost of tushima. you could see the similarity as I don't need to tell you. they all have that action adventure realistic gameplay and story telling. which Is ok but is not ok to have in every single one of your games.

games take longer to make, you need more studios to fill the gaps, not less. you can't make gow 1 and 2 and 3 within like 5 years of eachother like back a decade ago. it took 5 years to just make GoW 1.

all and all, I think they simply do not care for whats ahead because they are just as arrogant as they got back when the PS2 won the generation. and history repeats itself. I don't think they will make a launch as bad as the ps3. or even lose badly. but why are they giving ground to microsoft when they know how to handle the game making business better? beyond me. honestly they should have put Shu as the head of the playstation brand. Layden and Kodera are just straight up asses that do not communicate with people 1% as much as Phil or other xbox executes. didn't they say they will be more communicative. meanwhile. cancels PSX, Cancels E3. pretty hypocritical isn't it?

if the upcoming news that MS is acquiring a studio Sony deals with and Sony didn't actually bother to make an offer then that would be pretty shitty on their part. they are probably just looking at the last of us 2 trailer and jerking off to it with the arrogance.

You're concerned it seems for no good reason. Btw. let the Phil Spencer and MS bark like a dog left and right. Sony will say something when they will have need to do it. You think that Sony ( or Nintendo ) don't do anything just because they don't bark like Phil Spencer and MS. Well, just LOL on that.

Ryse
Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
Killer Instinct

Titanfall
Sunset Overdrive
Horizon 2
Halo: Master Chief Collection
Project Spark
Kinect Sports Rivals

Knack
Killzone

Infamous Second Son
Driveclub
Little Big Planet 3
MLB The Show 14
Last of Us Remastered
Final Fantasy 14
Guilty Gear Xrd

I'm sure there's a bit more on both sides, but to say they had two times the amount is wrong. The complaint people had is that most of the games were released on the PS3 (ones in bold) and that they weren't true exclusives
Maybe not exactly two times but it's a bigger list if you add the missing games.

Point is the first two years could have been handled better.

When you do the list wars, DO IT PROPERLY ( especially Afro Republican ). Last update was back at December 2015. Of course, games from PS4 appeared later on Xbox, but till end of 2015, some games were only on PS4.

Tnn1x23.png

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I've mentioned retail since my first response to you and multiple posts since, you're the only one moving goal posts:

And considering Retail games are what people were using to say the PS4 have no games yes it does matter.

Wrong, because you said nothing about Killer Instinct. You mentioned BIG retail releases, yet you didn't exclude retail releases from the list because you were referring to big titles.

And after the list i made, you said the list would be bigger, and then said nothing about the digital only titles.

Fact still remains that PS had games and you're spreading the nonsense fanboys were doing earlier in this generation.

Wrong, because you said nothing about Killer Instinct. You mentioned BIG retail releases, yet you didn't exclude retail releases from the list because you were referring to big titles.

What are you talking about? All the games I've mentioned have been retail, I've mentioned retail since the first response, you made a claim I added retail, and were wrong, you're the only one that have moved the goal posts.

i also never said PS4 had no games, another lie you through into your floundering argument. I said the reason why PEOPLE said the PS4 had no games is because microsoft had more retail promoted games than the PS4. This is true.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Both of you have no idea what are you talking about. When you do the list wars, DO IT PROPERLY.

I left out games that were on Xbox 360 prior to this generation. Either way, the list shows they had many games and that he's wrong.

I left out games that were on Xbox 360 prior to this generation. Either way, the list shows they had many games and that he's wrong.

I'd edited my post above when i scrolled few more posts, referring to "both of you". Yes, he's wrong.

Last edited:
When you do the list wars, DO IT PROPERLY ( especially Afro Republican ). Last update was back at December 2015. Of course, games from PS4 appeared later on Xbox, but till end of 2015, some games were only on PS4.

Tnn1x23.png

Wow when you see that list it puts alot of things into perspective its like Microsoft didn't even try to even be competitive this gen .. they alot to prove next gen . And I also feel as an mainly Xbox 360 guy last gen it started to get sparse for Microsoft offerings more than a few years before the 360 gen was over .

Uh, for one I am not the one that started the list war and I didn't even make a list.

Secondly, you have retail games that were digital, and games that were not retail in the time period of 2013-2014 that became retail later. Example, D4 was not retail in 2014, and Putty Squad while retail on PS4 was also on Xbox as a downloadable title which isn't really exclusive from each other.

Otherwise your list proves my point that Xbox had more big retail exclusives than the PS4, and I wasn't saying that to attack the PS4, Dforce asked WHY people said PS4 had no games (wrongly) and the reason why was because of retail games, Xbox had more big games in retail than the PS4.

I wasn't wrong, the Xbox One had more big retail games from 2013-2014. You're trying to use it_wasn't_me's ignorance of the debate to try and change the topic of discussion. I also never said that the PS4 had no games, but was explaining why other people though so.

You're reason of PS3/PS4 shared games is nonsense and doesn't add up even ON THIS BOARD where you can find threads talking about retail games.

Uh, for one I am not the one that started the list war and I didn't even make a list.

Secondly, you have retail games that were digital, and games that were not retail in the time period of 2013-2014 that became retail later. Example, D4 was not retail in 2014, and Putty Squad while retail on PS4 was also on Xbox as a downloadable title which isn't really exclusive from each other.

Otherwise your list proves my point that Xbox had more big retail exclusives than the PS4, and I wasn't saying that to attack the PS4, Dforce asked WHY people said PS4 had no games (wrongly) and the reason why was because of retail games, Xbox had more big games in retail than the PS4.

Yeah, yeah, games that became retail later like Axiom Verge, Velocity and so on.

Specifically at launch yes, later NO. So, you're right for launch part, for later you're wrong. BADLY

Last edited:
Specifically at launch yes, later NO. So, you're right for launch part, for later you're wrong. BADLY

I'm not wrong because that was the REASON fanboys were saying they didn't have games don't you agree? I never said it was true, but that was the excuse being used remember?

Especially since some of the retail games on PS4 became retail later, that gave fanboys ammo. Not good ammo, but ammo.

Last edited:
I wasn't wrong, the Xbox One had more big retail games from 2013-2014. You're trying to use it_wasn't_me's ignorance of the debate to try and change the topic of discussion. I also never said that the PS4 had no games, but was explaining why other people though so.

You're reason of PS3/PS4 shared games is nonsense and doesn't add up even ON THIS BOARD where you can find threads talking about retail games.

Stop spinning! Really, stop spinning. PS4 had more retail games from 2013-2014. Just check the fucking list. What hell you're talking about???

EDIT :
I'm not wrong because that was the REASON fanboys were saying they didn't have games don't you agree? I never said it was true, but that was the excuse being used remember?

You're wrong.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
What are you talking about? All the games I've mentioned have been retail, I've mentioned retail since the first response, you made a claim I added retail, and were wrong, you're the only one that have moved the goal posts.

i also never said PS4 had no games, another lie you through into your floundering argument. I said the reason why PEOPLE said the PS4 had no games is because microsoft had more retail promoted games than the PS4. This is true.

Where did I ever say that you claimed PS4 had no games? I never said. I said you're spreading this fanboy nonsense by trying to put in "retail." into this argument.

Yes, you DID add retail because I was the one who was discussing this with someone else and then you came in and added retail.

That's moving goalpost.

But the list also shows more retail games.

Forza 5
Dead RIsing
Ryse
Crimson Dragon
LocoCycle
Zee Tycoon
PowerStar Gold
Zumba Fitness: World Party
Killer Instinct (2014 physical release)
Fighter Within
Kinetic Sports Rivals
D4
Dance Central Spotlight
Fantasia
Project Spark
Shape Up

Last of Us
Killzone
Infamous: Second Son
Infamous: First Light
MLB The Show 14
Knack
Samurai Warriors 4
Final Fantasy 14
Guilty Gear Xrd
Driveclub
SingStar
Little Big Planet 3
Akiba's Trip
MXGP The Official Motocross
Natural Doctrine
The Last Tinker
*maybe a few more titles on each side here or there.

There was never a big disparity as you claimed.

In the end, you were wrong.

Barakov

Gold Member

Tnn1x23.png
Puts in perspective how badly Xbox got destroyed this gen. As they say, content is king.

Where did I ever say that you claimed PS4 had no games?

uh

Fact still remains that PS had games and you're spreading the nonsense

Also no they don't some of the games aren't 2014 retail games.

Either way, the point was that was the reason WHY fanboys attacked the PS4. Heck, you can find a eurogamer article saying the same thing i'm saying from what I'm assuming is someone with an xbox bias.

It wasn't because of PS3 cross games is all I'm saying. Sure some discounted those but that wasn't the primary reason as you seem to be implying.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

So, now it's big releases? Again, goalpost moving.

Driveclub
Killzone
Infamous: Second Son
Final Fantasy 14
Last of uS remastered
MLB 14

Halo MCC
Titanfall
Ryse
Sunset Overdrive
Dead Rising 4
Forza 5

Big in terms of sales? Popularity? What goalpost are you going to move?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
uh

Also no they don't some of the games aren't 2014 retail games.

Either way, the point was that was the reason WHY fanboys attacked the PS4. Heck, you can find a eurogamer article saying the same thing i'm saying from what I'm assuming is someone with an xbox bias.

It wasn't because of PS3 cross games is all I'm saying. Sure some discounted those but that wasn't the primary reason as you seem to be implying.

Funny how you ignored the list. lol

No, I never said you claimed PS4 had no games. You claimed there was a big disparity and I said PS4 had games. I said you're spreading fanboy nonsense because 1) you don't know which games were released on both systems and 2) you tried to claim there wasn't enough as compared to the PS4.

So, now it's big releases? Again, goalpost moving.

You sure like using the term goal post moving for things I said early in this conversation. you're not very good at this are you?

Funny how you ignored the list. lol

No, I never said you claimed PS4 had no games.
I didn't ignore the list, heck even the guy that posted the list admitted that some of the lst wasn't retail during that time frame (or like puty squad was also on Xbox)

Also yes you did. Otherwise your quote that i showed you wouldn't make sense.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You sure like using the term goal post moving for things I said early in this conversation. you're not very good at this are you?

I'm not the one who caught on to it, others have to.

Lists were posted to disprove your claim of those "big retail" releases and you STILL haven't provided evidence to prove your claim.

Right now you're just looking to argue instead of posting concrete information. If you're not going to do it, then I'm not going to waste my time any longer.

I'm not the one who caught on to it, others have to.

No they haven't, you're making crap up, even the guy that posted the list pointed out what i said in an edit. You're all alone as usual.

You also have lied about me moving goal posts for things I've said since we've started our conversation, and lied about saying I said the PS4 has no games.'

Again you made the claim PS3 crossplay was the reason why fanboys said PS4 had no games, it had nothing to do with PS3 crossplay, it was about retail exclusives, half the list on sites like IGN and gamespot system wars were about retail exclusives. You're wrong, end of story.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
No they haven't, you're making crap up, even the guy that posted the list pointed out what i said in an edit. You're all alone as usual.

You also have lied about me moving goal posts for things I've said since we've started our conversation, and lied about saying I said the PS4 has no games.'

Again you made the claim PS3 crossplay was the reason why fanboys said PS4 had no games, it had nothing to do with PS3 crossplay, it was about retail exclusives, half the list on sites like IGN and gamespot system wars were about retail exclusives. You're wrong, end of story.

He said you were wrong. He also said that you were right during launch and that's it.

That is it.

You STILL haven't showed me a list to prove you were right.

Your time frame was 2013-2014, now show me it was a big disparity.

Don't tell me to look up the list because I know that's a silly tactic people use. I posted list the biggest games in 2013-2014 on both platforms and NOW it's time for you to do it yourself to prove your claim.

Back up what you say.

ethomaz

Banned
I have lived in an alternate reality where Sony released way more games on PS4 than MS on XB1 in 2013-2014... the most close MS was to release similar number of titles than Sony was in 2013 for one month.

2014 started and the disparity becoming even more evident.

But hey that is not the reason MS is trying to build more studios to release more games next-gen like Sony?

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
Well when you work your ass off for 5 years you deserve a little break before the PS5 storm takes over.
Not worried one bit!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally don't give rat ass how many studios each company buys as long as they give me games. One thing always trust is Atlus will release most their games on Playstation or Nintendo, can I do that with Xbox? If all this studio buying gives same result as this year then I zero desire to ever get a Xbox system.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
And then added the first line which wasn't there before.

but see issue is honesty isn't your strong suit.

Stop spinning! Really, stop spinning. PS4 had more retail games from 2013-2014. Just check the fucking list. What hell you're talking about???

You're wrong.

Yeah, yeah, games that became retail later like Axiom Verge, Velocity and so on.

Sadly, you were referring to 2013-2013, NOT just 2013.

You still ignored my request to prove me wrong with a list after I made mine multiple times. You're refraining from making the list because you're unable to prove your claim.

I'm done as you can't bring facts to prove your claim regarding the disparity.

Sadly, you were referring to 2013-2013, NOT just 2013.

The above line he added was to my previous response that had nothing to do with 2013.

When you remove the errors the Xbox One had more game son the very same list you're trying to use.

the issue is you're a liar and also seem to always appear and trash Xbox by anymeans necessary in multiple threads, which in this case is pointless since we are talking about fanboys, and you original claim that you have yet to prove is that "The reason why fanboys said there the PS4 had no games was because of games laso on the PS3" which is false so that's two arguments you failed. Maybe next time.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
The above line he added was to my previous response that had nothing to do with 2013.

When you remove the errors the Xbox One had more game son the very same list you're trying to use.

the issue is you're a liar and also seem to always appear and trash Xbox by anymeans necessary in multiple threads, which in this case is pointless since we are talking about fanboys, and you original claim that you have yet to prove is that "The reason why fanboys said there the PS4 had no games was because of games laso on the PS3" which is false so that's two arguments you failed. Maybe next time.

I'm a liar and you can't post a list.

That's his exact quote.

Only thing I lied about is that I was "done" but now I am as facts are clear that you lied multiple times.

That's his exact quote.

no it wasn't. In the post where he responded to me the first line wasn't there, then he added the first line saying "yeah yeah yeah" because he saw what i was referring to in another post I made he didn't see and if you look above his quote you'll see he was responding to me pointing out a couple errors.

If you remove the errors the list already list is is enough to prove you are not only wrong with this argument but the first claim you made you've been avoiding which was "that the PS4 was said to have no games because of sharing PS3 ports" no the fanboys made that claim because of retail games. So again two failed arguments.

Don't forget you lied about me moving goal posts about thing i said in the first post in our conversation because your whole argument has fell down.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
These last few posts are hilarious. It just shows no matter how overwhelming the evidence, some people will NEVER cop to being wrong.

Raven117

Gold Member
The whole concept of this thread is stupid. Sony is not lazy. Their studios were pumping out some of the best content this generation year after year. Now, because there were a smaller number of exclusives, somehow Sony is lazy?

Insane.

Moreover, and Im just going to say it. Microsoft picked up some B-tier developers. Maybe they can do better with proper funding, but nothing they have picked up now has been a WOW!

There is not a freakin doubt in my mind that they have their major studios already preparing stuff for ps5 and beyond. Obviously, they can't announce that yet, so they announce what they can.

Three

I always see the Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt posts pop up ever gen cycle.

Reality never actually aligns with it though. Posts like this only try to instill an uncomfortable feeling in those too heavily invested in a company than those actually enjoying their products as normal people do.

You are either too heavily invested in Sony or Microsoft. One or the other. There is no actual laziness or arrogance on Sonys part. They are actually outperforming their own projections and performing better than the others. Just step back and think what do you actually want? Is this just some FUD you are caught up in? Ask for something tangible.

You want to play last gen games? You want new ways to pay for your limited games monthly?
You want a newer more powerful console?

Because asking for these things is fine but it does not mean Sony have been lazy or arrogant. They keep selling more than the others and keep producing more games than the others. They do their own other things too.

You want to play VR games?
You want to play exclusive games?
You want to stream games?

Sure asking Sony to aquire studios is fine but is there anything tangible in that yet other than a fear that Sony is getting complacent. It's just FUD. If you look back at the year in review in terms of games Sony released 25 distinct games/titles. Microsoft released 11 even with all their smaller studio acquisitions pumping out games it would be difficult to match

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2017-releases

MS are considered a midsize publisher. They had a crappy year last year. They are rectifying an issue. An issue that Sony don't have. They may also be doing what they do every gen cycle. MS during the launch of a console usually pump out exclusives and then it fizzles towards the end of the generation it happened during 360 and it has happened now. They may be preparing for a new gen where they can push out a bunch of exclusives again but one where it doesn't fizzle. It' just a company strategy in the end.

If you put away the fear in company complacency and just concentrate on what you want and the here and now you would be a lot happier and less prone to FUD tactics. I for one played some amazing games in the past year on my PS4, have a backlog so big that paying monthly to not play them would be a waste of money, and am looking forward to PS5 or maybe even getting a VR headset if prices come down further. I'm happy and can't complain. Only if I were too invested in the companies would I be thinking if they are getting complacent or arrogant to compete or whatever. Even if I were to sit down and look at the near future I am still excited to check out Dreams, Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Ghost Of Tsushima etc to see if they are any good so why would I be concerned about studio acquisitions.

Me as somebody who plays games am very happy. Me as somebody who is concerned about comparisons between a company's strategies, don't know, but I couldn't care less.

Last edited:

Pallas

The whole concept of this thread is stupid. Sony is not lazy. Their studios were pumping out some of the best content this generation year after year. Now, because there were a smaller number of exclusives, somehow Sony is lazy?

Insane.

Moreover, and Im just going to say it. Microsoft picked up some B-tier developers. Maybe they can do better with proper funding, but nothing they have picked up now has been a WOW!

There is not a freakin doubt in my mind that they have their major studios already preparing stuff for ps5 and beyond. Obviously, they can't announce that yet, so they announce what they can.

I can agree with the top of this post but to say all the studio acquisitions by Microsoft had been b rated shit is very false. Many consider Obsidian, Ninja Theory and obviously the obvious one, Playground Games up there talent wise.

Three

I'll quote you here. How many UC4 streams or tournaments you seeing? Or Killzone, or really any FPS from Sony.

Has Sony ever had a competitive title? With tournaments. I don't think so, and Halo continues to do so even if it's not backed by MLG or what not. Sony builds exclusives to sell copies, Microsoft builds them to create a community.

And yet GT Sport has a global community with highly competitive tournaments and a much bigger community. You calling it a 'me too' game is also laughable considering the competitor was the 'me too'. Sure Sony has had less success with FPS when compared to Halo but it's not like they don't pump out competitive games with communities. Planetside 2, SOCOM, Killzone. Planetside 2 was even MLG backed. You are really overselling the one game Halo here. Halo doesn't even have that many streams. Street fighter V has more streams and views than Halo which is yet another competitive game with big tournaments and a community.

Last edited:

ph33rknot

Banned
Sony will need a spanking from Microsoft again to get back in line. I don't know what it is with Sony, but every time they get a solid lead, they just get lazy
that applies to Microsoft to disappointed with the reviel but they turned it around thats why competition is good

EDMIX

Before you get excited about Microsoft buying studios, lets see what games the purchased studios are able to output with the funding. All I see currently is blind hype. Whereas Sony has been consistent with their releases.

I don't even think its going to matter. MS is also putting more and more games on PC with a promise to continue. That being said, PS5 would be in the same situation as PS4, Sony having Exclusives and MS having multiplatofrms, so anyone owning a PC would still have little reason to own a XONE, so I think they are pretty safe as for the most part, most of what Sony makes for PS4, can only be found on PS4, that alone will drive PS5 sales.

I'm sure MS will do a better job next gen, but with them putting stuff on PC, I don;'t see me ever owning a XB in the future as suppose to just keeping my current set up of PC, PS console, Nintendo handheld.

Top Bottom