• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Leadership is pretty lazy at the moment.

Mattyp

Gold Member
But we're not talking about lastgen

We're talking about this gen and how's it going buddy?

The post you where referencing was talking about last gen, Sony got arrogant and lost. He wasn't saying that happened this gen, but implying its on track for next gen again.

Airbus Jr

Banned
The post you where referencing was talking about last gen, Sony got arrogant and lost. He wasn't saying that happened this gen, but implying its on track for next gen again.

But Sony didn't lost last gen

Check their numbers

PS3 is slightly ahead of 360

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
No it’s not, 360 is still ahead in terms of sales. Plus the ps3 hardware was awful, so bad that it made the weaker 360 sometimes play smoother. Then you factor in online, and everything else, and the 360 was clearly ahead in everything. The only thing it wasn’t 100% ahead of is the pad, and that’s only because thenpad is down to personal taste. I myself love the Xbox type pads, but can see why people would prefer the PlayStation type.

This gen, the PS4 wasn’t just more powerful, but they got it right straight out the gate and MS fumbled the start.

Next gen... things may be interesting that’s for sure.

Mattyp

Gold Member

Aintitcool

Banned
In the USA Xbox outsold PS3, not world wide. And that's probably only because people had to buy multiple Xbox 360's because of its hardware issues. The first 4 years since launch? Red Ring of Death and all that. Hardly something people like to remember.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh_generation_of_video_game_consoles

Please correct the wiki article with your sources and refrences and change the numbers then. I wasn't trying to argue sales wise just that after the insane success of the PS2 they then went on to shoot themselves in the foot with the PS3 mistakes, the same way the xbox one did at launch.

Come on, that's debatable and hardly worth arguing about. Both consoles sold in amounts that are so close, it hardly matters

Tru story bro

I'm with u on there

X people we gang up together

Xbox is the tru champ🦀

No thanks kid. I don't do brand cheerleading like you tools. But I can't but how bad this cheerleading is here.

Microsoft thread first post "what about Sony?".

Sony thread "xbox one x is true 4k not checkerboard". 😂😂😂😂

I mean when do you kids get tired. I say "kids" because no way can adults be this stupid and immature.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm a bit confuse how you define "leadership"?

Sony had a solid and strong lineup this year... Sony has a solid and strong lineup next year... probably that won't change this generation and so you will see quality game after quality game being released until near the launch of PS5 (and probably even after the PS5).

While MS... is buying studios.

What these feels right to you? What define leadership for you? How do you define Sony is being lazy right now? Because they doesn't need buy more studios? MS is doing that because they need to.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
No thanks kid. I don't do brand cheerleading like you tools. But I can't but how bad this cheerleading is here.

Microsoft thread first post "what about Sony?".

Sony thread "xbox one x is true 4k not checkerboard". 😂😂😂😂

I mean when do you kids get tired. I say "kids" because no way can adults be this stupid and immature.

I agree with u champ..these sony brand cheeerleading are awful...

We Xbox people are the best..we Xbox peeps we got our back !

Ok now can Koala Driving a Ferrari like this comment please?

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Ahh the classic “my friend has 5 xboxes and only bought that many because they kept dying!” Line. Love it. Because as we all know, when your console does you buy another rather than getting it fixed. And then another. And another. And keep going without ever saying “this is too much!”. Replaced consoles are not factored into the numbers due to them being numbers based on shipped and sold through you dolts. Anybody who BOUGHT a new console rather than getting it fixed for free or replaced for a small fraction of the cost...? Well, that’s your own fault isn’t it.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
As a Sony fan I agree, game wise they are fine and are knocking it out the ball park, but they always do.
That's why it's worth always owning a Playstation.
But everything else..... Meh

ethomaz

Banned
As a Sony fan I agree, game wise they are fine and are knocking it out the ball park, but they always do.
That's why it's worth always owning a Playstation.
But everything else..... Meh
What is everything else for a gaming console? What do you expect from a gaming company outside games? From what I remember the backslash MS had this generation started because they forget gaming to focus in everything else.

Maybe gamers are not gamers anymore? So they expect more everything else than games? The complains feels weird in a gaming centric forum.

Last edited:
I agree with u champ..these sony brand cheeerleading are awful...

We Xbox people are the best..we Xbox peeps we got our back !

Ok now can Koala Driving a Ferrari like this comment please?

You look stupid kid lol. Post history shows your butt hurt 😂😂😂. And since I honestly couldn't care less about sales or anything.... nothing you say holds any weight. Move on child

Last edited:

Nelsin

Banned
If one competitor is stepping there game up because they lacked this generation doesnt mean the other one is lazy.

Sony been doing more then fine for the last 7 years tbh. Exclusive after exclusive non stop.

Airbus Jr

Banned
If one competitor is stepping there game up because they lacked this generation doesnt mean the other one is lazy.

Sony been doing more then fine for the last 7 years tbh. Exclusive after exclusive non stop.

Now imagine Horizon Zero Dawn 2 on PS5

Holy crap graphic gona be insane

Last edited:

GMan72

Neo Member
Yep, the same day you can show us a new game from Sony.

EDIT: The same fucking boring “thoughts” night after night.

Is there anyone here that has something new to bring?

So because the criticism isn't new it's boring? You said MS is buying new games and I asked you to show me and this is your response?

Let me put it this way... Do you know how long it's been since XBOX introduced a new AAA exclusive? After you figure that out think about how dormant the platform has been in that time span. No I'm not talking about what "Phil Spencer Said" recently on twitter, or services, or back compat. I'm talking about something that penetrates the mass market mindshare.

My little nephew told me recently that he doesn't play the 1S I bought him because XBOX has no games. I was so shocked that I had him repeat what he just said just to clarify that I heard him right. He is 11. Has no idea who Phil Spencer, Obsidian, Naughty Dog, or Yoshida is. He has never been on a gaming forum and doesn't even recognize what exclusives are. He's the definition of casual but somehow "XBOX has no games" is a term he's familiar with?

These studios haven't moved XBOX an inch in terms of mindshare. While it may be enough to satisfy some hardcore XB gamers, in terms of appeal the XB as a console is still bleak and that wont change until XBOX brings new games to the forefront.

Nelsin

Banned
Yep, the same day you can show us a new game from Sony.

EDIT: The same fucking boring “thoughts” night after night.

Is there anyone here that has something new to bring?
Dude grow up if you dont like the discussion then dont participate . Not everything is about you.

Optimistic version - Sony is keeping silent because they have PS4 generation completly secured and are quiently preparing for PS5.
Pesimistic version - Sony is getting lazy because PS4 is selling great.

Reality- probably a mixture of both.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I would like to see Sony dropping the bombs hard, when Xbox fans only hyping themselves up and screaming around like chickens. Microsoft wants to have a lot of attention right now, because they won't even be visible next-gen if they don't.

It's funny to see that xbox fans are the ones that want Sony to speak. Is it because you guys are scared of what Sony will do?

Before you get excited about Microsoft buying studios, lets see what games the purchased studios are able to output with the funding. All I see currently is blind hype. Whereas Sony has been consistent with their releases.
This. People get so excited about everything Phil days and does, and about every studio they acquire but they haven’t actually shown much yet. If they do great but people are getting excited over nothing.

Plus they don’t exactly have a perfect track record.

Acidizer

Banned
MS will fail yet again, all they ever do is throw money at problems and never seem to solve them. They are too big, too greedy and too near-focused. Even now... this is far too late to get decent launch titles for a Next Box. Again, lack of foresight, throwing big bucks around. Once PS gets its foothold the exact same thing is going to happen.

MS buy exclusives, Sony foster them. That's the difference between these two.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
MS will fail yet again, all they ever do is throw money at problems and never seem to solve them. They are too big, too greedy and too near-focused. Even now... this is far too late to get decent launch titles for a Next Box. Again, lack of foresight, throwing big bucks around. Once PS gets its foothold the exact same thing is going to happen.

They needs to start somehow so buying and making these Studios stronger is a good thing but it takes times to delivery... if you do nothing then you will always stay the same... you need to make the first step for the future.

But what they are doing is a good sign for mid-late of next-gen.

The OP issue is only that it related that move from MS with no move from Sony when Sony is doing everything right now and I can't see that changing tomorrow... if lazy means delivery games after games thought the whole year then I believe lazy is the best option for any company in the market.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
[so if MS
Dude grow up if you dont like the discussion then dont participate . Not everything is about you.
it was a reply to a question? You didn’t like it?

Not t sure where I came into it? But yay?

How did this topic become about me?

Last edited:

Elios83

OP how can you say they are lazy if you don't know what they are doing behind the scenes?
Sony doesn't need to buy a bunch of small studios just to say "hey we can do it as well".
Also buying studios is one thing, delivering great games is an other.
Sony has already talked about expanding their existing studios so that they can both create new IPs and make sequels to the successful games they already have.
It would be sufficient to add an extra team to each of the studios they already have to have a significant boost in their first party production and that's with zero acquisitions.

But I guess that as the next gen approaches many people let their fantasy run wild, some want the status quo to change, others fear that it might change and this kind of threads will be inevitable.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Lol smh same fallacious narrative over and over by a gaming demographic tht thinks they smell blood and are dying for their gaming platform of choice to be on top again. What part of "Sony has plenty of studios already churning out highly rated AAA games so they aren't on a catch up spending spree" do ppl not understand? Not even that many of their highly rated producing studios have become several teams and have grown so there is no need. Example, Naughty Dog can be one studio but has different teams working on multiple projects. Those Microsoft acquisitions are ok but let's see them churn out 85 rated plus games than boast and even then Sony will still have a great stream of games coming through. I mean we already know of great games coming to PS4 in 2019 and we already had awesome games in 2018 like Spiderman, , Astrobot, God of War, etc.... 2017 wasnt shabby either.

Beyond that as a happy Vr owner I am pleased by how Sony has supported VR and are bringing some full fledged games like Farpoint, Moss, Astrobot, Firewall to VR. They are doing great by me.

Last edited:

GMan72

Neo Member

They bought studio just recently and people think that somehow the exclusives are going to be ready for launch.

Ienzokey

Neo Member
Sony is cultivating their studios and letting them grow instead of just acquiring other less proven studios. Sony seems to be trying to grow from within through hiring rather than acquisitions.

My current gaming setup is a PC, PS4 Pro and Switch. If MS keeps buying shit and taking exclusives from Sony... my setup is going to be identical. MS picking up games means they'll come to PC. I'll just have a Nintendo & Sony product for exclusives. Doesn't change anything for me at all.

Vawn

Banned
Why don't we wait until Xbox actually announces and releases games? PS is still killing it in games. Xbox, so far, has just been talking a lot.

Before you get excited about Microsoft buying studios, lets see what games the purchased studios are able to output with the funding. All I see currently is blind hype. Whereas Sony has been consistent with their releases.

This is what I’ve been saying. Everyone saying Sony is doomed because Microsoft is acquiring studios. Let’s see what games they produce before we all start patting people on the backs or panic for the competition.

Sony had a solid and strong lineup this year... Sony has a solid and strong lineup next year... probably that won't change this generation and so you will see quality game after quality game being released until near the launch of PS5 (and probably even after the PS5).

What these feels right to you? What define leadership for you? How do you define Sony is being lazy right now? Because they doesn't need buy more studios? MS is doing that because they need to.
I agree.

Interfectum

Sony isn't being lazy, they just aren't talking yet. MS is more exciting at the moment because it almost feels like a brand reboot. New studios, new leadership, new types of services, new console on the horizon.

I'm pretty sure Sony isn't just sitting around twiddling their thumbs. When they finally reveal their future plans I'm sure there will be a lot of hype around them too. :messenger_horns:

mejin

Their best year IMO

In 2014, we saw xbox fans complaining Sony was selling promises. Now, they are praising MS for selling promises.

Anyway, no doubt, next gen will have better competition.

Fox Mulder

Sony dominated this generation and it's near the end. They didn't want to fuck up the train with aggressive moves and have a few games still before the PS5.

MS had more room to be disruptive and try new things. They're probably going to finish last again but I hope all these moves are home runs for the next Xbox.

KOMANI

KOMANI
People forget. Microsoft didn’t “win” last gen because of their first party games on the 360. And Sony didn’t “win” this gen because of their library of games. In fact, games were scarce for both consoles during launch. People prefered playing 3rd party games on the 360, and they prefered 3rd party games on the PS4. Let Microsoft throw money at their problem. They’ve mismanaged 2nd party and first party games this gen and they will do it again.

Edit: and Microsoft needs to fix their most glaring problem. You don’t need an xbox to play their “exclusives”. They’re on PC too.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I'm not assuming anything. They might make a bad game, they might make a great game, we don't know yet. Until that day comes, these aquisition headlines are pointless.
I bet they wouldn't be pointless if it were Sony. Smh.

Jesus. I get Xbox isn't for everybody. But, damn! To say something like this just proves some of you guys here are just fanboys. Well over a billion dollars in acquisitions in less than eight months, and its no big deal - nevermind something like this has never been done in the gaming community before. Nevermind the other two players don't have the kind of funding to do something like this. Nevermind that Microsoft just doubled their first party studios in record time and still aren't done.

Let's just bypass all that and chalk up their efforts to no more than a windy walks and fudge Sundays. Because..... reasons. Smh. I don't care which platform you prefer. Giving competition props for going all in, doesn't make your preferred platform any less great in your eyes.

I don't rock PlayStation but I genuinely believe they have a great system, with great games and are probably the single most important reason why Microsoft is taking first party games more seriously. Thank god!

Pathetic. Some of you guys let gaming grow up faster than you did.

Last edited:

badboyyy

Everyday when i read GAF forum, every new thread is about MS future plans, and hyping that like they are really winning now and in the future. Like Sony (primary target for xbox fans) is death, they dont release any new games, they not anouncing any new stuff and etc..just same shit only in another thread and its new day new same thread. Sorry but when you have facts what was in older days, other group of people so hyped that they wanna just talk and talk (not about facts) it like propaganda level if you dont believe in xbox. Serious guys if you love that brand thats ok, but you dont need to put your imagination about other brands.

Top Bottom