Sony's Motion Control Line-Up screenshot thread

jufonuk

Jan 1, 2009
London UK and France
INNOVATION!!

so pay twice as much to play shitty Wii style games instead of playing them on the Wii for less, but still as Shitty...also fucking hell Nintendo what have you done!!!!!???????

(I don't care what system it is on a Shit game is still a shit game)

Esch

Banned
May 19, 2008
USA
this semi-realistic semi-cartoony look always screams shovelware to me

this looks like shovelware. and assorted wii games i've been making fun of since 06. I would have probably taken the Move seriously if they had even shown one or two legitimate pieces of software for it, but this is just dross. Let me know when a serious Sony dev starts churning out games with this tech in mind.

riceandbeans

Feb 23, 2009
That last picture is creepy. Not digging the "realistic" HD look, they look like mutants. Still, the tech looks alright. Not sold on it, but Sony's done what Microsoft hasn't so far and that's show off a good number of first-party games for their new peripheral. E3 is gonna be an all-out war. Nintendo still has nothing to worry about though.

Monocle

Jan 16, 2008
The sports games look decent. Everything else looks atrocious. The art design is almost offensive.

seady

Oct 31, 2009
Hong Kong
They should have some one like Media Molecule or Insomnia to design some cartoony characters with these games. The gameplay is so casual, yet the art style trying to go realistic - which makes it another HOME kind of thing.

Zen

Banned
Jun 24, 2005
Sports Champions looks good :)lol at it having EPIC MUSIC constantly during the presentation) but everything else, everything (Aside from LBP Implementation) just seemed meh. Sports Champions looks decent sure, but I want Archery and Sword Fighting to be turned into a real Medieval game with horseback riding and skeletons and such.

For Sony's talk of appealing to both casual and core, they didn't show off anything that really made me bite, I'm not a Socom fan (and the pointer doesn't necessarily mean you'll play better than with a controller tbh).

Banned
Jul 21, 2007
Ireland
EschatonDX said:
this semi-realistic semi-cartoony look always screams shovelware to me

this looks like shovelware. and assorted wii games i've been making fun of since 06. I would have probably taken the Move seriously if they had even shown one or two legitimate pieces of software for it, but this is just dross. Let me know when a serious Sony dev starts churning out games with this tech in mind.
kinda like Xbox Avatars? I agree.

Talon

Jun 19, 2008
Archery and Gladitorial combat looks sweet. Hopefully the Engadget impressions about the canned motions are just because this game is pre-alpha. 1-to-1 kendo would be awesome.

That Move game has the worst character designs in human history. Memo to Sony: Rabbids aren't popular because they look like idiots.

May 11, 2009
ShockingAlberto said:
They sure did get a free pass, guy with God of War avatar!
Fair enough, I make no bones about it. Still, I'd like to think there was enough collective brain cells going about that people would be able to be mindful of past misdirected criticisms. Possibly wishful thinking though.

His name is FIFTY WATT?
Ok now that is awesome :lol :lol

ColonelColon

Dec 8, 2009
I honestly don't understand. Do games that are thematically different (not sci-fi, or "epic", fantasy, etc) need to be terrible?

KevinCow

Banned
Oct 6, 2007
Sports Champion? God dammit, don't tell me they're turning that kickass demo from E3 into a Wii Sports clone instead of an awesome action-adventure game.