• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) -- Not a 6.7GB Install + 2GB Save

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Well either way I am buying this but like people have said, that whole 2 gigs business has to be a type and well the 6 gig install oh well. I fucking better see no fucking loading if they are pulling that shit.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Kadey said:
Regardless, what version is the one to get? Yoda/To be revealed or Vader/Kratos?
Kratos is just a rumor dammit, do you think they would of really held of pics of Kratos this freaking long. We are 1 month away from the release of the game, it's fake dammit get over it.

what makes it even more sucky is that its a fighting game. These are the kinds of games you might not play for a few weeks, then bust out when you have some friends over "HEY MAN LETS PLAY SOME SOUL CALIBUR...got 30 minutes?"

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I talked to Namco Bandai and they claim that file size is "significantly overblown." Subsequent e-mails in which I asked them to clarify the actual install size and comment on the 360 version went unanswered.

:\

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
PuppetMaster said:
http://kotaku.com/5021311/namco-bandai-says-soulcalibur-iv-install-size-significantly-overblown

"Those numbers are not accurate and are significantly overblown," a Namco Bandai rep told Kotaku. "The actual amount of space for the Soulcalibur IV install and save data file are inline with other games requiring this feature."

yesasia should be added to the banned site list for starting this outrageous lie.

Everyone who expected the 8 gig chunk from your PS3 stolen GO BATSHIT! :D

sh4mike

From Kotaku:

"Those numbers are not accurate and are significantly overblown," a Namco Bandai rep told Kotaku. "The actual amount of space for the Soulcalibur IV install and save data file are inline with other games requiring this feature."

So probably 5GB install and a small save file. I blame YesAsia -- certainly not the young man in the OP who posted the link to their website. Yeah.

Significantly overblown...:lol
n342zc.jpg

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I would, however, urge caution as PR-speak is only spoken with forked tongues and "significantly overblown" is obviously not quantifiable.

I'm also waiting to hear back from SCEA to get confirmation on the accuracy of that 5GB install cap.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They should add a character that fights with scissors!

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
did MS change the info on the website. i don't see Hard Drive Required for SoulCalibur IV all i see is Storage Device but i do see Hard Drive Required for Left 4 Dead.

Players: 1-2

Multiplayer Versus

Dolby 5.1 Surround

HDTV 720p

Storage Device

2 Players

Marketplace Downloads

Leaderboards

Voice Support
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/soulcalibur4/

sh4mike

Kasumi1970 said:
did MS change the info on the website. i don't see Hard Drive Required for SoulCalibur IV all i see is Storage Device but i do see Hard Drive Required for Left 4 Dead.

Players: 1-2

Multiplayer Versus

Dolby 5.1 Surround

HDTV 720p

Storage Device

2 Players

Marketplace Downloads

Leaderboards

Voice Support
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/soulcalibur4/
Yes, they changed it. "Hard Drive Required" has been removed. Link to original pic.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323087

permutated said:
Every 20 gig owner does I'm sure.
Oh? What about the casuals who buy the core 360's and find out they can't play certain games and end up forced to buy MS's overpriced HDD? I think they care as well.

What about 20Gig owners on 360 who run out of space even faster since there's "nothing" on the PSN to download? Please. This is as much a problem for 360 owners as 20GB PS3 owners.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
CrushDance said:
Oh? What about the casuals who buy the core 360's and find out they can't play certain games and end up forced to buy MS's overpriced HDD? I think they care as well.

The truth, you speak it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Foolish people freaking out over shit that was obviously a mistake. A fucking 2 GB save file? Really? Damn GAF.

Required install for a fighting game?

Sweet Buddha, what simply happened to just letting it have longer load times as an option? Didn't do jack really in the grand scheme of things when the PS2 version had a bit longer load times either back in the day.

AmMortal

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Required install for a fighting game?

Sweet Buddha, what simply happened to just letting it have longer load times as an option? Didn't do jack really in the grand scheme of things when the PS2 version had a bit longer load times either back in the day.

TEKKEN BETTER NOT BE LIKE THISSSSSsss!

Top Bottom