• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur V goes gold - New Vids, Screens

TDLink

Apparently now people on 8wayrun say these could be fake from gamefaqs?

EDIT: Beaten

DOUBLE EDIT: Or just sarcasm from the guy who posted on gamefaqs?

I don't know what to believe. They look pretty legit though imo.

AAK

Didn't FilthieRich say during the Destructoid stream that there won't be anymore character revelations until after release to not spoil the story?

Sectus

I think they are real. What are the chances of these being rumoured for several weeks and then for someone to make a VERY elaborate fake?

I think the only big question now is if the rumour about Kilik and Elysium being mimics is true.

TDLink

I think they are real. What are the chances of these being rumoured for several weeks and then for someone to make a VERY elaborate fake?

I think the only big question now is if the rumour about Kilik and Elysium being mimics is true.

Also the question of which style is Omega Pyrrha using.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I like that look for Kilik as well, hope its real. Please dont be a mimic character..

TDLink

Yay kilik!

Wait is the rumor about him being a mimic true?

Not yet proven one way or the other.

Here is an idea for discussion though. What if Elysium instead of being a mimic is a Necrid-like character who has a bunch of moves of other characters put together to make a newish style, along with some original stuff?

D3VI0US

So I bet that other slot next to edge master is for the "Inferno" mimic character that we've seen assuming those pics aren't fakes. We'll see, but aPat is in so I would assume oPhyrra is as well at the very least.

Skilletor

So I bet that other slot next to edge master is for the "Inferno" mimic character that we've seen assuming those pics aren't fakes. We'll see, but aPat is in so I would assume oPhyrra is as well at the very least.

The slot next to Edgemaster would be Algol.

TDLink

No, it's Algol. Also, Dampierre goes in the slot next to Voldo. "Inferno" is Cervantes' unlockable 3P costume.

GrayFoxPL

DrxWS.jpg

Sectus

More posts by the guy who leaked the pictures of Elysium and Kilik.

You get Alpha Patroklos, Edge Master, Elysium and Omega Pyrrha after completing the story mode.

Elysium looks like Sophitia (she is NOT Sophitia though) but she can use any style (like Edge master).

After that Legendary Souls mode is unlocked.

The first fight in LS is with Kilik, after victory he is unlocked.

Omega Pyrrha has the same movelist as the ordinary one but uses Soul Edge.

Alpha Patroklos = Setsuka.

Kilik can use any style like Edge master.

There are still two slots left. I believe one is for Dampierre and the second is for Algol (or other all-style character).

Create a character screen has more locked slots for styles than the arcade select screen.

Two more locked slots (where Ezio and random question sign are in the arcade).

One is obviously for Ezio and the second one may be a surprise.

Devil Jin is in the left corner, so it's not for him.

Well, Kilik is the boss in Arcade mode. He can use any fighting style (like Edge master) but has his own winning pose.

TDLink

Wait, Devil Jin is rumored to be in this?

He is confirmed in as create-a-character only. Ie, his moves are all there but you need to put him together.

3 mimic characters? Good job Namco, good job.

I'm still holding off judgement on this until we actually see them in action. Because 3 characters that are exactly the same other than appearance honestly makes no sense.

GrayFoxPL

i88X8vIwq4VEA.gif

We=The sneaky guy
Namco=Dolph Lundgren

I'm still holding off judgement on this until we actually see them in action. Because 3 characters that are exactly the same other than appearance honestly makes no sense.

It makes a lot of sense.

"Artists made the characters but we don't have time to make move sets and everything!"
"No problem, make them mokujins."

TDLink

"Artists made the characters but we don't have time to make move sets and everything!"
"No problem, make them mokujins."

Well I'll still hold on to hope until we actually see them fighting. Besides, the different "leaks" about these guys have been conflicting a ton anyways. Some are saying they are all mimics who can use every style. Some are saying they are gender divided. Some are saying they use some styles not already present in the game. Some are saying they are like Necrid and amalgamations instead of mimics.

I still think there is too much up in the air (and I still hope they have unique movesets).

If those were real I still wouldn't be happy. They would have made Kilik into a GD Edgemaster clone and that's not cool. That outfit would have been cool though. Not as cool as SC4 boss level Kilik, but still way better than that shit in SC3.

Dave1988

If those were real I still wouldn't be happy. They would have made Kilik into a GD Edgemaster clone and that's not cool. That outfit would have been cool though. Not as cool as SC4 boss level Kilik, but still way better than that shit in SC3.

Those leaks ARE real. His photoshop remark was regarding those 1337 MS Paint white boxes that he put on the pictures.

Skilletor

I'm satisfied with the roster overall.

It would have been nice to have all of the old characters return, but I wasn't expecting it.

Top Bottom