• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur V goes gold - New Vids, Screens

Seda

Critical Edge
Quick Move
Xiba, Cervantes, Aeon, Yoshimitsu Intro

38540Algol_03.jpg

38538Algol_01.jpg

38539Algol_02.jpg

38541Algol_04.jpg

38556Edge-Master_02.jpg

38555Edge-Master_01.jpg

38557Edge-Master_03.jpg

38558Edge-Master_04.jpg

38572sc5_pub_ss_harada_005.jpg

38573sc5_pub_ss_harada_006.jpg

38574sc5_pub_ss_harada_011.jpg

38576sc5_pub_ss_harada_028.jpg

38595sc5_pub_ss_SC4_nightmare1_007.jpg

38596sc5_pub_ss_SC4_nightmare1_siegfried1_001.jpg

38598sc5_pub_ss_SC4_nightmare1_siegfried1_004.jpg

38597sc5_pub_ss_SC4_nightmare1_siegfried1_002.jpg

More (Via VG247)

Seda

Gematsu just put up this article. It has the batch of new screenshots as well but also info on collector's edition and pre-order, don't know if that's new or not:

The Collector’s Edition includes specially designed ‘book’ casing, a high-quality art book, a CD containing a selection of music from Soulcalibur‘s history, making-of videos, a DLC card for the Black Knight and White Knight armor sets, and original artwork and letter on reproduction parchment paper signed by the development team at Project Soul.

Pre-ordering either the standard or Collector’s Editions will net players a DLC code for the Dampierre playable character.

It's a good thing Algol floats all the time.
Whenever he walks his toe-nails drag across the floor and make horrible noises.

Buying this on the cheap because like wrestling games the only reason I play Soul Calibur is for the create-a-character.

EDIT: I guess Edgemaster is immortal too. Honestly I think he looks a bit younger.

On disc DLC.

Don't know if true or not, just making this up. Don't freak out.

Scamco has added Dampierre, an on-disc preorder DLC character. He debuted in the PSP Soul Calibur game.

Dampierre is a con artist so it's shockingly poignant.

sephi22

The only thing I don't like about this game are the prefight/postfight animations, especially for the females, as well as the lines. The animations are weird, and writing for the lines is just bad.

But I'm liking the gameplay mechanics. Could be the first 3d fighter I get seriously into since T5 DR

Nemesis_

I didn't realise they announced 24 characters already, and that it was out THIS MONTH. Jesus.

So that's it for sure?

Can't wait. I'll probably hold off until it's cheaper, though, because I only have a 360 and am without a Gold subscription.

Looks horrendous. Hopefully it plays well.

I'm so sad Scamco butchered one of greatest beat'em up of all time. I still play SC on DC from time to time and it's a blast.

SC4 was fun enough, but it's visually unbearable for me.

I'm so sad Scamco butchered one of greatest beat'em up of all time. I still play SC on DC from time to time and it's a blast.

Yeah, the art direction for this series took a fuckin' nosedive with SC3. And it's getting worse.

SC1 and 2 are still good looking games to me, despite the aging tech, simply because the art direction was so much better.

Skilletor

Yeah, the art direction for this series took a fuckin' nosedive with SC3. And it's getting worse.

SC1 and 2 are still good looking games to me, despite the aging tech because the art direction was so much better.

I played SC2 the other night. It does still look good.

I still think SC4 and SC5 are the best looking 3D fighters right now, though.

Xater

I am super interested in hearing how well this game turns out. The short development time has me worried.

BadWolf

So the build at SCR was near complete? Almost fell asleep during its stream session so I don't have high hopes for this one.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

Visually unbearable? In what way? I thought SC4 looked excellent.

V_Arnold

SCIV was already the best-looking fighting game out there - SCV looks even better. There is nothing wrong with this game as far as I am concerned. I will pray now that the gameplay is fine as well :D

I love me some Soul. I'm so glad they're going the full anime fighter route this time, it was stuck in this weird limbo for the last two games. 6 better be even crazier, I want it to be the first 3D series to act like a 2D fighter.

Skilletor

So the build at SCR was near complete? Almost fell asleep during its stream session so I don't have high hopes for this one.

Did you like Soul Calibur 2?

I love me some Soul. I'm so glad they're going the full anime fighter route this time, it was stuck in this weird limbo for the last two games. 6 better be even crazier, I want it to be the first 3D series to act like a 2D fighter.

Viola and Zwei are two of the most interesting characters in recent memory. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

ZWEI is Black Polnareff from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and thus instantly my main. Shortswords held backwards plus summoned dogs ALL DAY.

ZYPht.gif
3y5d2.gif

e3fj3.jpg

I'm gonna use CAS to make a character as close to Polnareff as possible using his style.

Suairyu

Banned
Even when half their foot is clipping through the ground, the characters still look like they're floating above the arena/have been photoshopped in.

Skilletor

Pretty much.

Don't get this game (or any fighting game). They're all the same just like every Fifa/Madden.

lol.

You're wrong.

If you suck at them and can't appreciate the differences since you don't play them, I can see how you might think that. But then you'd have to admit you suck at them and don't play them, which makes such a claim silly.

Enco

lol.

You're wrong.

If you suck at them and can't appreciate the differences since you don't play them, I can see how you might think that. But then you'd have to admit you suck at them and don't play them, which makes such a claim silly.
You're right in that I haven't played them all. I don't hate fighting games and love Tekken but apart from some new characters and graphics, fighting is fighting.

edit: I'm no fighting game pro. My comments come from what I've seen in quick videos

Skilletor

You're right in that I haven't played them all. I don't hate fighting games and love Tekken but apart from some new characters and graphics, fighting is fighting.

So you're bad at them. That's fine. I stand by my previous statement.

Anyway, can I post scans of advertisments? I don't wanna get banned. lol

All I can think of is how much better these games would be if they had longer dev cycles...

Still looks okay and I really like that old man with the staff and sword for some reason.

Skilletor

All I can think of is how much better these games would be if they had longer dev cycles...

Still looks okay and I really like that old man with the staff and sword for some reason.

That's Edgemaster from SC1. He's a mokujin character. Those are Hilde's weapons.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

edit: I'm no fighting game pro. My comments come from what I've seen in quick videos

Please stop. It's bad enough that you're going to be writing the reviews for every single gaming media outlet. Do you need to be here too?

Top Bottom