• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur V goes gold - New Vids, Screens

I really wish they would have just put Sets back in, but a replacement with her style is better then nothing I guess. Cannot wait to see what they give him/her. I hope they are as technical if not more so then Setsuka was. That was a huge part of her charm and gave a real sense of accomplishment when pulling out those JF's in combos.

Xiba being voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch? God damn it, JYB you're everywhere.

I think that Xiba/Cervantes/Lizardfool video is old. It's just with the English voice acting. I've definitely seen it on here before.

It's actually rumored that the final 4 characters are all original ...including a cross-dresser..
All? I don't think so. I mean, I know for sure Talim has to be in it. Her role in II, III, and IV is proof enough and her age makes it so that she'll be in her mid-late 20s in this iteration.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I know people play it, I was more curious about the quality of the game from the competitive standpoint.
IV had a small no hope tier, but there were no broken characters like SC3 Xianghua. Aside from the Hilde and Alpo debates, there haven't been a ton of complaints from the competitive set.

The last NEC had 57 entrants in the singles tournament. Not a terrible turnout.

Xiba being voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch? God damn it, JYB you're everywhere.

I think that Xiba/Cervantes/Lizardfool video is old. It's just with the English voice acting. I've definitely seen it on here before.

All? I don't think so. I mean, I know for sure Talim has to be in it. Her role in II, III, and IV is proof enough and her age makes it so that she'll be in her mid-late 20s in this iteration.

I think Bosch has a deal with the Devil that he has to be in damn near everything... even if he's not listed...he's there.

He's the Busta Rhymes of VO.

I really wish they would have just put Sets back in, but a replacement with her style is better then nothing I guess. Cannot wait to see what they give him/her. I hope they are as technical if not more so then Setsuka was.
That's actually all we know. We don't even know if it's truly Setsuka's moveset, but we know that it's at the very least someone technical like Setsuka.

Coxy

I would bet on one of the slots being the inevitable evil undead sophitia they've heavily hinted at, unless she's an unplayable last boss or something

Skilletor

That was sexy as hell. Looks like she can Posession Cancel, which if so is nice because I think not sure it's been awhile since I played SC but I think they took that away from Taki in IV

She doesn't have PO cancels, if you're thinking SC2 PO - A+B G, but she has PORC which she (Taki) has had in every game. :)

TDLink

So whats the Adventure Mode for this one? SCII Weapon Master mode is still #1 for me.

They haven't said yet. Only confirmed modes so far are Story, Versus, Quick Battle, and Legendary Souls Mode (Boss Rush of Soul Calibur Bosses + Harada with Devil Jin Style).

Personally I'm also hoping for a return of Weapon Master and/or Team VS Battle.

Pimpbaa

Japanese print ad has you covered...oh Japan

cx4zm

That better be an alternate costume for Ivy. Never thought I see the day when a dude (Algol) was more naked than the girls in a Soul Calibur game.

That better be an alternate costume for Ivy. Never thought I see the day when a dude (Algol) was more naked than the girls in a Soul Calibur game.
It's a modified version of her 2P outfit designed by one of the Bayonetta designers. Overall though, the girls are more clothed than the guys this time around.

ivysoulcalibur5.jpg

TDLink

I'm really excited about the new Brave Edge/Critical Edge system that looks to be pretty similar to the EX/Ultra system from Street Fighter IV. Meter stuff should add a lot of newness to the Soul Calibur formula.

Top Bottom