• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita) teaser trailer [Up: Inafune, Marvelous AQL, Mitsuda, Hokoyama]

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Yeah, I think that each mission is just a recreation of an event and hence just an instanced battle. It's an interesting mechanic if it means that you can freely change the character(s) who take part in the battle, and you can also have all sorts of terrible things happen to a character in the battle which won't carry over to another mission.

Corto

Really curious how this game will fare.

I remember reading a Clive Barker Comic with a monster that used his spine as a weapon... It's killing me that I can't remember which is though... *runs to google*

edit: Found it. It was Night Breed.

Epcott

Cool, so it nothing at all to do with From's Soul series.

Ehhhh, but wtf is going on with the concept? Originality is great, but wow... did not expect that. Both interested and disturbed.

Perkel

Banned
What if You start as human and you need to replace those lost parts with parts of monsters ?

Sort or like Planescape Torment when you could replace various body parts like eyes but more advanced.

orioto

Good Art™
Come on it's a videogame guys... :p This violence thing is so cartoony and over the top. It's the 90's all over again! I'm far more disturbed by morality in some games which are actually connected to the reality.

Epcott

I'm disturbed by the idea of sacrificing parts of your body to cast spells and summons, and sacrificing others. I didn't expect that. Reminds me a little of Dororo, so it's not a new concept I suppose.

I'm not sure why people are calling this disgusting, especially after the debate we had a week or so ago about the 1up writers comments on the GOW: Ascension trailer.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, this is bad news. Taking the putrid junk I disliked about Demons Souls and cranking it up as high as the rating allows.

Starlight Inception being funded kind of offsets my disappointment with this announcement, so we're okay.

Globox_82

Banned
Because Sony needs to begin creating software that can actually sell the Vita. The Vita version would tank if they put it on the PS3.

So basically you force people to buy Vita for some game? It will never work. I am not buying Vita unless they make phone version (so will my brother) so it's lost money imo. Same with Gravity Daze. If you want Vita you will buy it when there is appealing games for your gaming taste, PS3 can't prevent you from that.
No wonder Sony is bleeding money with this mentality

Luigiv

So basically you force people to buy Vita for some game? It will never work. I am not buying Vita unless they make phone version (so will my brother) so it's lost money imo. Same with Gravity Daze. If you want Vita you will buy it when there is appealing games for your gaming taste, PS3 can't prevent you from that.

You must be new to video games.

It will never work. I am not buying Vita unless they make phone version (so will my brother) so it's lost money imo.
The Vita is going to have exclusive software just like every platform. If you refuse to buy one because it isn't a phone then you're just going to miss out on some games.

The game is structured as mission based that will probably work better as a handheld title.

There, a nice good reason why it should be a vita games. Same with gravity daze, it was originally a ps3 title, but after further testing they found that the gyro on vita with screen also tilting as you tilt your vita work even better than dualshock controller, the addition of touchscreen also make it work better than on ps3. Sure you could replicate it on ps3 but it wont be as good.

orioto

Good Art™
This sentence is the main Vita problem
Never seen it on a Nintendo handheld game discsussion

It actually shows how weird the Vita perception is for people.. That's the problem indeed. It's like it's not even seen as a stand alone console...

MCD

If you want Vita you will buy it when there is appealing games for your gaming taste
If you want Vita you will buy it when there is appealing games for your gaming taste

So basically you force people to buy Vita for some game?

Yeah, why not? it happens with every console, good software moves hardware, if this game turns out great and you make a ps3 version too, people would buy it in the ps3.

Globox_82 said:
It will never work.

Too early to tell.

Globox_82 said:
I am not buying Vita unless they make phone version (so will my brother) so it's lost money imo.

Well, that´s only your personal situation, you can´t extrapolate that for everyone.

Globox_82 said:
Same with Gravity Daze.

There are guys in here who buyed the Vita just for that game, as i said before, software moves hardware.

Globox_82 said:
If you want Vita you will buy it when there is appealing games for your gaming taste, PS3 can't prevent you from that.

Ps3 can prevent that and that´s a fact, if i wanted to play a game so bad, and that game is Vita only, the only way i have to do that is buying the machine, with a ps3 version that need dissapears (if i already own a ps3 of course).

Also you are answering your own questions here.

Globox_82 said:

Sony is bleeding money for multiple reasons, and this is not one of them, more like the opposite, Vita is not selling because it lacks exclusive software.

Oh God, why am I so squeamish? First Ascension and now this - I'm going to have to gouge out my own eyes first to enjoy these games
lol.gif

nailed...

the vita, like the 3ds, needs exclusives. but the vita exclusives, unlike the 3ds exclusives, should all have ps3 versions...

i'm convinced there're some up here who couldn't tell you what they really want from the vita if they were being slowly lowered into a pit full of cobras...

ot: yeah, dororo's the first thing that came to my mind. could be cool...

Actually, port begging is a common practice in Nintendo threads.
Monster Hunter 3G / 4 should be on PSVita, PS3; Revelations should be on PSVita, PSN/XBLA; Kid Icarus should be on Wii; Luigi's Mansion 2 should be on Wii; Dragon Quest IX should be everywhere but DS, etc.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Absolutely bizarre, possibly moreso that its Inafune. Seems like he's taking up Sakaguchi's route of return to the industry and using the same devs to so.

From the structure of the game bit concerned there'll be no real looting of monsters now, but sounds like its certainly gonna have some bizarrely innovative action and multiplayer nonetheless.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
You make zero sense.

Sony is bleeding money b/c of their TV business not having a profitable year in over 8 years among other things.

I don't think you get the idea of exclusives and what they're meant to do.

theBishop

Banned
I'm surprised at the visceral reaction here to the sacrifice mechanic. Everyone seems to love Persona, a series where teenagers shoot themselves in the head to initiate a battle.

Sintoid

Actually, port begging is a common practice in Nintendo threads.
Monster Hunter 3G / 4 should be on PSVita, PS3; Revelations should be on PSVita, PSN/XBLA; Kid Icarus should be on Wii; Luigi's Mansion 2 should be on Wii; Dragon Quest IX should be everywhere but DS, etc.

As usual you don't understand but I should be adviced by now...

I'm surprised at the visceral reaction here to the sacrifice mechanic. Everyone seems to love Persona, a series where teenagers shoot themselves in the head to initiate a battle.

it's basically the graphic art from the scan of someone putting his whole hand to his mouth with a pained expression and in the next picture he draw a sword with spinesfrom his mouth. basically it's just the concept art, the other concept art like Gorgon where he summon a bunch of gorgon eye to shoot magic is not as graphic because he cover his face with his hand

edit: oh and the sword is really big and thich, it's painful just to see the artwork of him pulling it out

Globox_82

Banned
If posting the name of the site with the scans is allowed, let me know.

Scans are dope, especially the one with the spine...

gcubed

i, uh, dont really know what to think of those scans. The premise sounds interesting, the scans are disgusting. I need to see gameplay

1 gameplay scan finally out, and the monster design is unsettling at the very least. if you want description, it's like giant chicken, with hands, big white wings, and a long thick neck with a human face on his head opening his mouth to reveal a long tongue. yikes

Globox_82

Banned
1 gameplay scan finally out, and the monster design is unsettling at the very least. if you want description, it's like giant chicken, with hands, big white wings, and a long thick neck with a human face on his head opening his mouth to reveal a long tongue. yikes

Or aka sexually perverted man chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom