• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita) teaser trailer [Up: Inafune, Marvelous AQL, Mitsuda, Hokoyama]

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Yeah, he makes most sense, considering the Game Tengoku interview also.
Honestly, he gets a bad rep on GAF for some of the stuff he says, but he's been involved in some solid games in the last couple of gens. I totally enjoyed Onimusha, Dead Rising and Lost Planet.

I liked a lot of the games he produced in the old Capcom days too, I just hope he still has it in him to make cool stuff outside of Capcom. The real question would be who the developers are and whether Sony is giving him enough of a budget to make a game which doesn't feel cheap.

Luigiv

All the same to me. Who died and made you God. Just let people have their fun. :p

No one had to die, I've always been god. :p

Anyway, I'm not telling people how to think just having my own fun by venting my amusement of how others are reacting.

If anything I was actually trying to encourage more speculation by pointing out that people are pigeon-holing themselves with their biases.

Well actually I guess I also was trying to temper the expectations of those who have already gone into full hype "D4Y-0N3!!!!11!!1" mode over just this little teaser. They can at least save themselves for the actual unveiling. It's always tragic to see a respectable poster decline into a state of extreme disappointment then shit up the board with overzealous whining because they couldn't keep their hype in check. :,(

kuroshiki

Anyway, I'm not telling people how to think just having my own fun by venting my amusement of how others are reacting.

If anything I was actually trying to encourage more speculation by pointing out that people are pigeon-holing themselves with their biases.

Well actually I guess I also was trying to temper the expectations of those who have already gone into full hype "D4Y-0N3!!!!11!!1" mode over just this little teaser. They can at least save themselves for the actual unveiling. It's always tragic to see a respectable poster decline into a state of extreme disappointment then shit up the board with overzealous whining because they couldn't keep their hype in check. :,(

Then you know nothing about how hype works. It is the hype itself that is fun.

duckroll

The unveiling is in 2 days, and by tomorrow Famitsu will already reveal a good amount of information for the game. If people want to go wild with speculation and unrealistic expectations, I say let them. It's more fun this way. It's not like we're going to have a drawn out wait while something counts down for weeks this time. :p

I liked a lot of the games he produced in the old Capcom days too, I just hope he still has it in him to make cool stuff outside of Capcom. The real question would be who the developers are and whether Sony is giving him enough of a budget to make a game which doesn't feel cheap.

I'd like to believe that Sony knows they need a hit here and are putting the necessary amount of money in.

Especially since they were talking about the high quality visuals or something back when they first announced the existence of the game.

And I too hope that Inafune still has it in him. He's produced some rock solid stuff.

Well the main gameplay/the basics are FPS. Same for Mass Effect which is a a TPS.
I think you missed the joke. :p

RPG7.png

Mondriaan

That's a pretty stupid comment to be honest... Especially considering what DS tries to achieve with its co-op is something that nobody would care for in MH. The goals are totally different.

(I never understood why MH gets compared to DS so much btw, they have almost nothing in common)
What would be the difference in my goals if I'm joining the first open city/room in MH and if I make myself summonable as a soul in DS? If I'm calling an online coop system seamless, it's going to based on how little it breaks immersion for me to join in some coop gaming.

(There's almost no similarity other than huge bosses in a fantasy setting that have exploitable patterns, not letting equipment overcome fighting poorly, fights that put emphasis on not getting hit rather than making equipment that lets you soak up damage, and coop play with 3 other people)

theBishop

Banned

Seems like they have a marketing budget at least.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the part where the character slides across the ground all vanquish-like toward the monster.

I'm by no means implying its Inafune or even Mikami (lulz), just that I found it to be interesting. I also think the guys arm turned into a sword on that one snip. So far so good though. Digging the art style from what I can see and the monsters look like some outrageous fun.

Edit: if this turns out to be 2014 when it hits the states then I will be severely disappointed in Japan studio. Hopefully it's the same timing that demons souls had with it's US realease, as well as Gravity Rush.

Kyoufu

Yeah I checked the Famitsu page.

They're playing up the creator by teasing that there will be comments in the mag from the executive director and conceptor. They also mention that the creator has worked on many major titles in the past.

Inafune confirmed. :p

Should I be excited?

Well they've already said it's an action game. They never promised a RPG...
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. In that case I'll just irrationally hype myself up under the belief that the action they referred to is just the action part of action RPG. :)

In all seriousness though I'd be interested in a straight up action game as well if it's well done.

Kyoufu

So this could be Inafune directing and SCEJ producing? Maybe the same people who worked on Demon's Souls (SCEJ's Takeshi Kajii was the producer).

Interesting. Can't wait to see it on the 10th.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Please be multiplayer focused, please be multiplayer focused, please be multiplayer focused...

Is Comcept a full developer or just a planning studio (a la Mistwalker, Flagship, Armor Project, etc)? If the latter I wonder who the code house will be?

Monster Hunter with a dark, gothic vibe? I'm in.
As I said before, those monster designs look great. Can't wait for the full reveal.

Please be multiplayer focused, please be multiplayer focused, please be multiplayer focused...

Please have good story mode and single player, please have good story mode and single player....

Where the hell do you guys even find other handheld owners to play multi with them ? I generally see around 1 person per month with psp/ds

Skilletor

Please have good story mode and single player, please have good story mode and single player....

Where the hell do you guys even find other handheld owners to play multi with them ? I generally see around 1 person per month with psp/ds

There's this thing called the internet. Using magic, it's possible to play with people nowhere near you, provided they have the handheld you do and this thing called "wi-fi."

theBishop

Banned
Is Comcept a full developer or just a planning studio (a la Mistwalker, Flagship, Armor Project, etc)? If the latter I wonder who the code house will be?

Based on the rumors, I'm guessing Inafune as director/concepter with members of Team Siren doing the heavy lifting. Maybe expats from Team Ico. It's hard to see from the outside how Japan Studio is organized.

OmegaZero

Pointy ears and pupils, plus whiskers. Yeah, I'd say its inspired by cats too.

Well, inspired by a cat is one thing.
Being a cat is something else.

Either way, the designs look pretty cool. Can't wait to see clearer gameplay footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom