Soul Calibur Lost Swords is a new Soul Calibur game releasing exclusively on the Playstation Network this Tuesday worldwide. The game's genre is described officially as a 'Single-player, mission based, weapon fighting game' so it's essentially like playing a Soul Calibur game but by yourself with a big Weapon Master mode. You'll find numerous quests on the world map screen where you will defeat enemies and be able to collect equipment or materials during the battles to improve or customize your character's equipment. Weapon & Equipment can now have elemental attributes that is visible with the colour streaks they leave behind which is being factored into the gameplay. Oh, and it's impossible to ring out or get rung out in this game for some raisin.
Release / Platform
PSN Store for PS3 systems. Comes out worldwide on the 22nd of April.
- Elemental attacks: use elemental properties to your advantage. (Fire, Water, Wind, Light and Dark)
- Weapon arts: new attacks your character can perform in battle which are a kind of combination between the Critical Edge and Brave Edges in SCV.
- Forge: combine materials to upgrade your equipment. There's a grading system for equipment that goes from S,A,B,C (In JPN Version it's Super Rare, Rare, High Normal and then Normal.)
- Support characters: gather allies from around the world and utilize them to complete your quest. Call them in battle to let them play the game for you.
- Events: there will be in-game events to look forward to, these may include special holiday campaigns, character unlock quests or certain achievements.
- AP System: The game is time-limited by a points system, which depletes every time you attempt a mission.
It's Free-to-play and download. There are in-game purchases of AP Potions, Continue Tickets, Equipment Treasure Chests and Upgrades however. Don't know yet how they're going to be priced but the Japanese release priced some things as:
・AP Potion x1 (100 yen)
・AP Potion x11 set (1000 yen)
・Continue Ticket x1 (100 yen)
・Continue Ticket x11 set (1000 yen)
・Buy 1 Item in a Treasure Chest (300FP - You gain FP by using Support Characters)
※ You only get either a pair of Prisoner shirts or Prisoner Pants if you get this if I remember right.
・Buy 6 Equipment in a Treasure chest (1500 yen) - You will get one (S) Super Rare rank equipment, five (A) Rare equipment and 1 accessory from it
※NOTE： You can get identical items from this if you plan on buying it.
・Buy 1 equipment in a Treasure chest (300 yen) - one (A) Rare level equipment.
・ Buy 10 more space in the Equipment Box & Accessory Box. (300 yen) [Maximum amount is 200 however]
・ Buy 10 more room for Support Characters (300 yen) [Maximum limit of 100]
Heishiro Mitsurugi - Trailer
Siegfried Schtauffen - Trailer
Sophitia Alexandra - Trailer
Pyhrra Alexandra - Trailer
Astaroth - Trailer
Nightmare - Trailer
Ivy Valentine - Trailer
Hildegard von Krone - Trailer
Taki - Trailer
＜Bandai Namco Games EUROPE YouTube＞