• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Jam 2 is coming (Update: LeBron says it ain't so)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not-like-this.gif

ST2K

I would pay so much to see this, if it was done right.

If it isn't happening now, someone in some office somewhere needs to take note and make it happen.

Lijik

Bill Murray needs to return, and he needs to retain his omniscient ability to walk in and out of the narrative at his own discretion like some kind of god

Hmm. Might be a miscommunication between a script being written with somebody in mind to star, and actually having somebody officially attached. I imagine this movie is still happening - or at least it's still being pursued - but LeBron was only ever a suggested star.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I've thought for a few years this was going to happen. 90s nostalgia is high.

Hoping that the Monstars return wanting and expecting a rematch but claim they want to do it fair and square. Bugs agrees and goes to find MJ asking him to come play again. MJ says he's actually retired now forreal, like not even playing baseball, because he's too old to play. He takes Bugs in disguise to a professional game where Lebron is playing.

Bugs decides to ask Lebron to join the team, and MJ says he's on his own if he wants Lebron. Repeat of the first movie plot, but by the end of the game Lebron and a bunch of the team gets hurt and can't play. In walks MJ with a bunch of older players and finishes the game for them winning it.

...it sadly will not be this good.

Jesus, somebody needs to submit the script of this.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

Hoping that the Monstars return wanting and expecting a rematch but claim they want to do it fair and square. Bugs agrees and goes to find MJ asking him to come play again. MJ says he's actually retired now forreal, like not even playing baseball, because he's too old to play. He takes Bugs in disguise to a professional game where Lebron is playing.

Bugs decides to ask Lebron to join the team, and MJ says he's on his own if he wants Lebron. Repeat of the first movie plot, but by the end of the game Lebron and a bunch of the team gets hurt and can't play. In walks MJ with a bunch of older players and finishes the game for them winning it.

Wow, I would actually pay to see this.

daman824

Hmm. Might be a miscommunication between a script being written with somebody in mind to star, and actually having somebody officially attached. I imagine this movie is still happening - or at least it's still being pursued - but LeBron was only ever a suggested star.
Lebron said he wanted to do it right? And yeah, I'd bet it's coming out. Just not for another three years. Which is why everyone involved would deny it right now.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to

Damn dat twist. I was like "Oh, what? They get hurt?" and then BOOM. Very nice. Bill Murray, Charles Barkley, Magic, Larry Bird. Maybe throw in a Dennis Rodman for the North Korean market.

I'm suddenly upset that this movie I had never heard about before isn't real :(

....This is actually amazing...

My friend quoted this, so I'm assuming this is from some website's comments:

'does lebron quit the toon squad halfway through and join the monstars? only way it can be realistic.'

i laffed :<

BOOGIE COUSINS FOR MAIN CHARACTER WHO'S WITH ME

He is doing a movie with Kevin Hart, lets see how that plays out.

We will probably never get another Blue Chips or He Got Game again. Nike sends all the major players to Asia in the summer. Would be no time to shoot.

I'm wondering how the Hart project plays out because of that.

gabbo

Lebron would never go for a script where he doesn't shine in the end. He'd flop off the set day 1.
That said, I'd watch your script

It won't work, there's no American sports star known around the world like Jordan was..except Mr Infidelity Tiger Woods. The movie would have serious problems in other territories.
They should make a soccer version with Beckham or something..

theorythree3

Neo Member
As much as I loved and still love the first one..... Please don't let this be real. LeBron is too scared to even compete in the NBA dunk contest much less save the Looney Tunes from having to go to moron mountain.

Please no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom