• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Jam 2 is coming (Update: LeBron says it ain't so)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphahawk

Such a weird property to bring back.

It's a children's movie, so people who grew up on it are now adults, and kids of today probably have no knowledge of the original. Leading to the question: Who is this for?

Squire

Banned
mj-laughing.gif

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

It's a children's movie, so people who grew up on it are now adults, and kids of today probably have no knowledge of the original. Leading to the question: Who is this for?

Going to take a wild stab at the dark and say it is for those nostalgic adults and for kids. Mainly for kids. Do you really think they give a damn? All they see is cartoons. Plus another round of merchandising.

Kids of the time are grown now and have kids of their own to take?

Nostalgia + kids movie starring one of the most famous athletes of today is going to draw in a pretty large crowd.

And I say this as a guy who detests the NBA and doesn't like Lebron at all.

entremet

It will be a kids movie like the first. It will make money, but LBJ is missing the charisma factor.

Also the nba stars aren't as iconic as space jams.

Busty

Banned
I literally heard about this project 18 to 24 months ago. I assumed it had been lost to the development hell vortex...., but evidently not.

I'm sure I posted something about it on GAF at the time.

When I went looking for said post so I could share it with everyone (and be smug as fuck obviously) I couldn't find it.

So.., yeah.

..., I wonder if Deadline have been sitting on this news for months and decided to post due to a lack of any other movement at WB recently. Hmmmm.

Space Jam is one of the first movies I saw in theatres. I want to say that the first three are The Lion King, Space Jam and Power Rangers.

Clevinger

I wonder if the story is gonna be about LeBron and the Tunes not being able to win and then LeBron joins the Monstars and they beat the shit out of everyone

Wazzy

Banned
The original was one of my favourite movies growing up. The soundtrack was great and the movie itself was entertaining as hell.

entremet

Dat soundtrack is a classic. That will be hard to top. Seal and R. Kelly had two huge singles from it along with the awesome quad city Djs stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom