• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Jam 2 is coming (Update: LeBron says it ain't so)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
It will flop terribly.
MJ was/is known worldwide even by people who knows nothing about basketball, LeBron is only known within the circuit.

Strike

michael-scott-no.gif

Man fuck you haters I rewatched Space Jam several times, even in the past few years and I still love it. No it's not Oscar worthy but it's fun as heck.

Also MJ was way more of an asshole than LeBron is, and I don't even like LeBron.

If they can get Jordan and Lebron in the same film, it will be awesome. If Jordan (and Murray, actually) is not in it I will probably watch it later when it's in Netflix or something.

But yeah, why not? Hope it's fun, like the original.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I can't believe there are people out there that hate Space Jam.

Youngin's nowadays.

Anyways, should have been when Kobe was hot, but since it's being made now, the proper choice would be LeBron, as much as I'm not a fan.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Aw man its fake? Thats a bummer.

First Space Jam was such a god awful movie but I would have watched this day 1 just for nostalgia's sake.

Toad.T

Banned
HEY HOO, WHAT 'CHA GONNA DO,
HEY HOO, WHAT 'CHA GONNA DO.

This was my jam growing up. This, The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner movie and the endless repeats on Teletoon was how I gained application for the spawn of Termite Terrance (That was the name, right?)

Still hoping that that crossover show that Bruce Timm pitched (Hannah Barberra X Looney Toons) gets made one day, though.

MJ will come back to be Lebron's coach or mentor. That plot line needs to happen.

The funny thing is, I had a conversation with someone about this very premise for a Space Jam sequel a few days ago.

Dishwalla

Banned
As much as I don't like Space Jam as it is(of all the things internet nostalgists wet themselves over, it's among the worst), the chances of this actually being made aren't that great. They've announced so many Looney Tunes revival movies over the last few years(a Speedy Gonzales one starring George Lopez, a Bugs Bunny solo one, a collective Looney Tunes movie penned by The Groundlings), and so far none of them have made it past the preproduction process. I don't see this actually happening, thank God.

Platy

I'm surprised they're going with LeBron, given that he's not exactly too famous outside the US. A football movie with Messi might've made more sense, no?

Would be GLORIOUS

I hope this one is fake because the above version is the one actualy being made =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom