• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX building Starship in Texas (live videos of construction)

Tesseract

Banned
unlimited rocket ammo

0*YUMZhCiXEc4bhJq2

Last edited:
The Super Heavy is just a monster that I must see fly one day.

It is still nuts you put the Starship on top of it lol

I dunno about this no fly zone business because this guy is still flying his route

some really interesting layout details going on

Last edited:
Again I am going to side step the topic again and post another video of Giga Texas

It is now at a point where the building is moving faster and faster towards the huge vast structure it will become.

I made me wonder if 20 years from now someone my age will not be on a forum posting videos of builds going on not any place close but on the Moon or Mars.

the shit is very motivating and inspires you to think of what is possible in the near future.

asustitan

Banned
Its quite ridiculous approvals are only getting sorted on the day after evacuating residents. Seems like a real micky mouse operation.

Last edited:
update:

I can't sleep getting hyped again. The launch window opens up at 1500 UTC (10am EST) and lasts 9 hours until 0000 UTC (7pm EST), FAA approval is expected this morning and weather and wind seems to be in good shape.

I need to try a 4 hour nappy nap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 008
One thing about the NSF guys they have a hardon for the FFAA like, "How dare SpaceX fly SN8 without a waiver?" (did not say it exactly this way but they sound like this) Don't be that guy.

Make up your damn minds. You are spending all your time building your community around a company who has no respect for govt bullshit.

asustitan

Banned
One thing about the NSF guys they have a hardon for the FFAA like, "How dare SpaceX fly SN8 without a waiver?" (did not say it exactly this way but they sound like this) Don't be that guy.

Make up your damn minds. You are spending all your time building your community around a company who has no respect for govt bullshit.

Its not like SpaceX launched without general FAA permission. It was obviously more technical than that.

LabPadre channel has an awesome view, most detailed by far.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

RIP SN9, SN10 got to see its siblings get destroyed right in front of its eyes.
They made progress compared to last time, almost got it.

buizel

Banned
update

no as long as they keep the paperwork on track, the crash is part of the testing phase so it is not a reason to ground them
FAA still has to investigate any crash so they have to study SN9's

hey so i was watching this:

i time stamped it, look at the top of the explosion... the rocket glitches back in then out..wtf :/ ? or am i seeing things, surely some weird edit.. ?

Last edited:
hey so i was watching this:

i time stamped it, look at the top of the explosion... the rocket glitches back in then out..wtf :/ ? or am i seeing things, surely some weird edit.. ?

Yeah pretty spooky lol. That is a easy video glitch to explain even though it looks spooky and explosion like that is hell on any live feed signal.
This is almost the same thing that happens during the booster recovery landings. Digital signals do that. It lost a few frames but some programing tried to add the frames back in before the full image became distorted but the program was not fast enough. Just my guess not fact.

Last edited:
Top Bottom