• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand - Starz series produced by Sam Raimi - Jan 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

MisterNugNug said:
John Hannah really got into it. He even grabbed her collar thing and started pulling it. :lol
That's one of the most entertaining things about the show: you can tell the actors are having a hoot with all this stuff.

Raydeen

MisterNugNug said:
John Hannah really got into it. He even grabbed her collar thing and started pulling it. :lol

Hannah is terrific. Treads that thin line between being likable where you begin to sympathise with him with his credit and money woes to being a complete monster. Completely forgot his wimpish The Mummy character.

nodish2

Banned
Raydeen said:
Hannah is terrific. Treads that thin line between being likable where you begin to sympathise with him with his credit and money woes to being a complete monster. Completely forgot his wimpish The Mummy character.

I really enjoy the uneasiness or I guess you can call it disgust he shows while talking to Spartacus. I mean he is his master, and Spartacus is making all these demands like they are equal, and Dominus is like who the fuck does this guy think he is?

GhaleonEB

Raydeen said:
I still associate him more with Four Weddings and Funeral, which makes his character even more amusing.

Big-E

Raydeen said:

Holy shit, that's where he is from.

GhaleonEB said:
That's one of the most entertaining things about the show: you can tell the actors are having a hoot with all this stuff.

Who could blame him? When she stood up from the bath...:D

I barely focused on the conversation.

OmniGamer

Raydeen said:
Completely forgot his wimpish The Mummy character.

Yeah, I was just discussing this with a friend...so used to him just screaming "EVY!!!!!" or cowering off somewhere...nice to see him a different/darker light, though i also remember his guest role during the first season of Alias with him playing a
sleeper assassin who was programmed to kill Sydney's fiance without him even knowing it and then being tossed away in some eastern european insane asylum

I just found out about this thru hulu last week. Jeebus those sex scenes are fantastic. I have a new found love for Lucy Lawless (and her fluffer!)...huzzah.

Subitai

So, everyone knows how this ends and what, "A Spartacus Moment" is, right? I mean, not everyone who's posted here has mentioned the Kirk Douglas movie or the spotty history surrounding the real Spartacus.

Anyway, the conclusion of this last episode with his wife just foreshadowed for me the inevitable mega tragedy that is coming for all the characters the show is building up.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Huh? they said when they where choosing his name

"Who was that guy who killed all them other guys?" (not the exact words but damn close ;) )

"Spartacus"

"Yeah call him that"

So the events of the show are taking place long after the guys namesake.

Clevinger

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Huh? they said when they where choosing his name

"Who was that guy who killed all them other guys?" (not the exact words but damn close ;) )

"Spartacus"

"Yeah call him that"

So the events of the show are taking place long after the guys namesake.

No, this is the historical Spartacus. Crixus and Batiatus were also real.

Also, no one should read up on history if they don't want the story spoiled.

Chuckie

RubxQub said:
You do realize that you can't spell?!

You realise this makes you look like an idiot because in English both are acceptable.

RubxQub said:
Firefox spell check would disagree!

Ah, I see you use Firefox as your dictionary instead of a real one.

Dedalus

Just caught up with this. Wow is all I can say :D really slow start but the previous 3 eps were great. The nudity is starting to bug me slightly since a pair of tits in a scene doesn't even register and I'd much rather concentrate on what's going on, the bath scene with John Hannah and the buxom slave girl being the perfect example :lol can't even remember anything else about that scene.

Just caught up, wow what a series.

Gotta love Starz for their swearing and nudity.

Id love to be on the set of this show, especially episode 6. Tits ahoy!

Holtz

The ratings are growing week by week. It even beat Caprica last week. :lol
The premiere airing of Friday’s episode (106) of Spartacus: Blood and Sand averaged 1.08 million, the first time the show has gone over a million. It again had a .4 rating with adults 18-49, though it had about 80,000 more adult 18-49 viewers than the previous week (550K vs. 471K).
Date Net Show 18-49 Rating/Share Viewers (Millons)

22-Jan-10 STRZ Spartacus: Blood and Sand .3/1 0.659
29-Jan-10 STRZ Spartacus: Blood and Sand .4/1 0.773
5-Feb-10 STRZ Spartacus: Blood and Sand .4/1 0.858
12-Feb-10 STRZ Spartacus: Blood and Sand .3/1 0.662
19-Feb-10 STRZ Spartacus: Blood and Sand .4/1 0.846
26-Feb-10 STRZ Spartacus: Blood and Sand .4/1 1.078

-
I know the numbers don’t seem like much, but for Starz, these are a pretty big deal. It might have outdone Caprica on Friday (still haven’t seen those numbers) — it’s better than Caprica’s viewer totals from last week, and Starz is available in about 22 million homes versus Syfy’s 96+ million homes.
Third season time (since a second is already assured)?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Tence said:
You realise this makes you look like an idiot because in English both are acceptable.

Ah, I see you use Firefox as your dictionary instead of a real one.
Come on man, lighten up! You made some petty correction and I made one in turn. In both situations the one's being accused was in the right...so we're even! (I was hoping that my inclusion of the "?!" in my post would show you that I wasn't really serious).

NO HATE!

Chuckie

RubxQub said:
Come on man, lighten up! You made some petty correction and I made one in turn. In both situations the one's being accused was in the right...so we're even! (I was hoping that my inclusion of the "?!" in my post would show you that I wasn't really serious).

NO HATE!

I AM BORN TO HATE! I SHALL SEE YOUR BLOOD SPLATTERED IN THE ARENA

Nah.... it's all good mate :D

RubxQub

Tence said:
I AM BORN TO HATE! I SHALL SEE YOUR BLOOD SPLATTERED IN THE ARENA
The thought of being in an internet fight with Patrick was way too much for me to handle.

RubxQub

twinturbo2 said:
Can I download the eps off of iTunes or something? I need to see this!
Not sure if there's a season pass for this show, but they put them up in netflix streaming for consumption (how I've been watching).

uraldix

BattleMonkey said:
More of the hot chick with big boobs that gets "assaulted" in the bath plz.

She is smoking hot.

twinturbo2 said:
Can I download the eps off of iTunes or something? I need to see this!

It's listed on iTunes but I can't my phone to dowload the page for it. Nevermind, it's animated.

Subitai

Clevinger said:
No, this is the historical Spartacus. Crixus and Batiatus were also real.

Also, no one should read up on history if they don't want the story spoiled.
I'd say half the people who read this post have zoomed over to Wikipedia to spoil it for themselves. :lol

Dedalus

1f7daf.jpg

om, nom, and nom

In that order, with slave girl from previous episode thrown in as a fluffer.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Next episode is already up on Netflix like normal...before it even airs:lol

Anyone else love the intro? This is a historical portrayal of ancient Rome society :lol

GhaleonEB

Dedalus said:
Just caught up with this. Wow is all I can say :D really slow start but the previous 3 eps were great. The nudity is starting to bug me slightly since a pair of tits in a scene doesn't even register and I'd much rather concentrate on what's going on, the bath scene with John Hannah and the buxom slave girl being the perfect example :lol can't even remember anything else about that scene.
I know they were talking the entire time, but I honestly don't recall a word of it. All I saw were boobz and buttseks.

New episode? I'm wondering what Spartacus will do next, and what waxy sexual shenanigans take place, in equal measure. :lol

985boi

Pretty good episode. Weird thing, I'm watching it on netflix and the latest episode is widescreen and fullscreen which mean it has black frames all around.

bathala

Banned
985boi said:
Pretty good episode. Weird thing, I'm watching it on netflix and the latest episode is widescreen and fullscreen which mean it has black frames all around.
yeah that threw me off. i ended putting it in fullscreen view on 360

so 12 ep for this season? 5 more to go.

Orenhy

Neo Member
Orenhy said:
yes, a million times yes.
Nice to see a gory, blood driven weekly series about being a MAN!
hopefully they will give us memorable moments that will lead to more of these:
image-6E55_4B5D3150.jpg

check!
20100306-j5e5iqq7sb4b4jay48tb9ccr5d.jpg

Sanjay

Rabid Wolverine said:
Top episode.

Throwing off
the cliff had me cheering

fucking shit had be saying HOLY SHIT MOTHER OF GOD, fucking loved that scene. Oh and that blond guys wife was very hot indeed, just a shame we never got to see her knockers that were Fucking A.

Sanjay said:
Oh and that blond guys wife was very hot indeed, just a shame we never got to see her knockers that were Fucking A.

:lol

My thoughts exactly.

After his not so kind words we knew tata's would be nada's!

Holtz

Damn, another awesome episode. Spartacus throwing that creep off the cliff was incredible. Crixus finally awakens, and the final battle was great. Doctore is really suspicious of what is going on with Barca, that can't go anywhere good. Really great stuff.

GhaleonEB

I'm still impressed with how quick they're knocking off characters. The show is delightfully ruthless in that department.

I knew what Spartacus was going to yell there at the end the moment he put his arms out, but that didn't make it any less awesome. Great episode.

Though, some of the wound effects in the last battle were pretty bad. :lol

Ducarmel

Ep7 was nice still hate what Batiatus had to do to get Spartacus loyalty. And the weasel Ashur caused another death even though unintentional but its still kind of his fault.

Ep8 got leaked
it was good a lot of political maneuvering involved. Great episode if you want to see Solonius face and Ilithyia getting showed up by Spartacus. Also the gruesomest thing they ever showed in the show it involves the biggest cock they ever showed.

sorry about the spoilers

Ducarmel said:
Ep7 was nice still hate what Batiatus had to do to get Spartacus loyalty. And the weasel Ashur caused another death even though unintentional but its still kind of his fault.

Ep8 got leaked it was good a lot of political maneuvering involved. Great episode if you want to see Solonius face and Ilithyia getting showed up by Spartacus. Also the gruesomest thing they ever showed in the show it involves the biggest cock they ever showed.

Where was it leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom