• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Edition Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U confirmed [Hero Mode trailer]

Meh, the only reason i would get this is because i don't want nintendoland and both are 350. The gamepad doesn't look particularly great.

Revven

Yeah, I seem to remember Darknuts hitting for stupid amounts of damage. I can't have forgotten that much...

When there's two or more of them is when it gets damaging. WW was absolutely forgiving in terms of how much damage you take. Even Bosses do quite pitiful damage iirc. Not even your own bombs take away a whole heart in the original game, they take 1 quarter!

For what it's worth, no final pricing has been announced. Everybody is basing their rants off of amazon's placeholder price.

Nope, Nintendo just showed off the game privately to press (that's where the "selfies" footage came from), and the $59.99 price was stated again. I belive it was one of the GameXplain videos? (On phone, hard to check.)

Edit: Found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...T13e6KYrQ&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ#t=243

There's a possibility he screwed up, but he was right there at Nintendo, I assume he confirmed the information while he was there.

son of a bitch. I can't justify spending $350 on this game when I already have a wii u.

Might buy it anyway and sell the new console with my old gamepad. At least I would, if the aftermarket price was worth anything.

Revven

Bit off topic, but have they toned down the bloom?

To a certain extent (though it might depend on the time of day in this screenshot, not sure):

screenshot1.jpg

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I know this is nit-picky but it is neither port nor remake. It's a remaster that is shaping up to be the definitive version of that game.
Yeah, it's really easy to do a definitive version of a game by just increasing the resolution and changing almost nothing else - what could go wrong there >.<?

Revven

Yeah, it's really easy to do a definitive version of a game by just increasing the resolution and changing almost nothing else - what could go wrong there >.<?

They changed quite a bit... most notably the Triforce Quest (only requiring 3 Triforce Charts for three Triforce shards while the rest can be found without any charts). Is that not enough of a "big" change for you? Or even the streamlining of the sailing items and sailing in general?

This isn't your typical HD re-release.

Note: I'm not justifying anything in terms of content changed/added in relation to the price.

I have the limited 3DS, and now I want that limited GamePad. Good thing the WiiU itself is normal, maybe in the future I'll find just the GamePad for not too much.

BY2K

Membero Americo

You haven't been following this game a lot, have you?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great! But the basic white model is still the prettiest

RagnarokX

Hey, why am I the bad guy? That's just what I want to happen so I can justify buying one. I never said it would actually happen. :p

Well, they have a lot of good games coming this year and early next. You could justify it with that. I could see maybe a $50 price drop if they have to, but $150? You're going to be waiting a long time.

Hero Mode doesn't sound that fun. All that means for people like me who mindlessly go through the combat is that I get more Game Overs. More frustration, but not really any more fun. I don't really care much for Zelda combat other than SS, so I'll stick with the normal mode.

Too bad there wasn't a Master Quest version instead with more changes besides the combat, but that'd probably take too much work and there's enough improvements over all that I'm not complaining.

I hope we start with the Deluxe Picto Box, though instead of on a New Game Plus. I don't wanna accidentally miss any photo ops. I want my nice complete HD Nintendo Gallery.

Shiggy

Hero Mode doesn't sound that fun. All that means for people like me who mindlessly go through the combat is that I get more Game Overs. More frustration, but not really any more fun. I don't really care much for Zelda combat other than SS, so I'll stick with the normal mode.

Too bad there wasn't a Master Quest version instead with more changes besides the combat, but that'd probably take too much work and there's enough improvements over all that I'm not complaining.

I hope we start with the Deluxe Picto Box, though instead of on a New Game Plus. I don't wanna accidentally miss any photo ops. I want my nice complete HD Nintendo Gallery.

That would be a bit too much indeed since it only costs USD60. Expecting something really new apart from some small additions and placement changes would be unreasonable. Dat bloom is expensive as hell.

That would be a bit too much indeed since it only costs USD60. Expecting something really new apart from some small additions and placement changes would be unreasonable. Dat bloom is expensive as hell.
It's $60!? Whoa, I didn't know that. Was expecting like 40...

Not

Banned
Not having played WW before, I guess this will be the offer I cannot pass; unless it eventually ends up being more expensive than regular deluxe bundles, or doesn't include NL.

Anyone who hasn't played this game before has no excuse to not pick this up

zychi

Banned
You guys do realize you can skin your consoles to look how you want right? Buy a black console, grab a skin thats gold, or like the 3ds and you can stop complaining.

Darryl

Banned

They've did all kinds of touch-ups to the game. To what extent, we really will not know until the release. There were lots of things they did in OoT 3D that were not advertised pre-release and you had to actually play to notice. Even the graphical adjustments alone are far beyond a simple resolution tweak.

Rocky

Banned
Don't know what Nintendo is thinking with a $60 price tag. Especially when Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD is launching at $40 and that has TWO games in it and a whole lot of other stuff.

D-e-f-

Banned
Hardly? It was from a press preview event; he very likely asked the people who were, you know, demo'ing the game.
You said it yourself: "likely" - meaning we don't know. Which was exactly my point. Until they announce the price and make the special console SKU official, raging about a theoretical $60 is just silly.

You said it yourself: "likely" - meaning we don't know. Which was exactly my point. Until they announce the price and make the special console SKU official, raging about a theoretical $60 is just silly.

Likely =/= hardly (and I only used that word because obviously I don't have proof). But I would expect any journalist to ask for that information rather than check Amazon.com. I mean, they were at a preview event, it's kind of silly to think they wouldn't ask that info as a standard

Frodo

Gamepad looks nice after the 4th or 5th time you looks at it and already know what to expect.

I just find it weird that the embroider is not on the console. That would have made a pretty good looking Wii U.

Darryl

Banned

yea it's still hard to tell. Wal-Mart still has the pre-order up for $50, for example. other information that Wal-Mart has up includes Wii Party U targeting 10-25-13 at $40. the only other website that i can remember which has that same listed date was Target as I don't think it was ever officially confirmed and websites like Best Buy and Gamestop are blank. Target is the home of this leak in the OP. they're seemingly very close to Nintendo. Target originally had a listing for Wind Waker up and removed Wind Waker HD from their listings, but at the same time kept Donkey Kong: TF up. Even though it is much further away.

all i can draw from this is that nintendo is taking every sweet minute to crunch numbers and find the best pricing scheme and release date for a lot of their games. i would guess the final pricing for this game is very much up in the air.

SCReuter

Aww, I don't want tacky decals or gold paint, just Wind Waker HD bundled with a regular Wii U.

Guess it's back to the NintendoLand bundle. I should've taken advantage of the recent Target deal instead of waiting for this.

Top Bottom