• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Final Fantasy Press Event at E3, runs at the same time as Nintendo's event

Spongebob

Banned
tumblr_maz32kbvmQ1rcxo8do1_400.jpg

No, it's where they will give the press a closer look at the game they show off the day before.
Oh okay.

massoluk

Banned
Nintendo isn't doing so well either...what will they show anyway ? The best thing they could show is "X" and for some reason I doubt that's happening.

WW remake is ,well, a remake. I don't care about mario but that's a personal preference.

How many times do we need to hear this phrase. "Beside the best selling game franchises ever, Nintendo doesn't have anything. That's personal preference, like totally my opinion, man."

HeelPower

"You want quiet, you better take the next train"

How many times do we need to hear this phrase. "Beside the best selling game franchises ever, Nintendo doesn't have anything. That's personal preference, like totally my opinion, man."

I actually really don't care about mario..I haven't played anything past the NES or SNES I don't remember..I was too young back then. I am not being hateful , I am just so distant from this franchise

Roto13

Oh gee, can I please see some more iOS microtransaction-milking bullshit?
Nintendo isn't doing so well either...what will they show anyway ? The best thing they could show is "X" and for some reason I doubt that's happening.

WW remake is ,well, a remake.I don't care about mario but that's a personal preference.

"I don't care about hugely popular games like Mario Kart and 3D Mario platformers and Super Smash Bros., so I hereby decree that Nintendo has nothing to show at E3."

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

WW remake is ,well, a remake.I don't care about mario but that's a personal preference.

Pokemon will always do better then Final Fantasy so...

I understand everyone has personal taste, but to say they have nothing to show is a little ridiculous. Super Smash Bros. alone is worth more then the FF conference. And then you throw in 3D Mario, Retro, and Mario Kart.. Only Sony can compete with that.

StuBurns

Banned
Well, at the end of the PS4 reveal, they came out and said they're starting development on a Final Fantasy title and we should look forward to E3. Considering they said this at the PS4 event, it's probably for the PS4.
He just says they're preparing for development for a Final Fantasy title, and to be excited for E3.

I don't think his literal words can be relied so heavily on. If they're only just preparing for development, they obviously wouldn't be ready by E3. And he didn't use the word new at all.

HeelPower

I understand everyone has personal taste, but to say they have nothing to show is a little ridiculous. Super Smash Bros. alone is worth more then the FF conference. And then you throw in 3D Mario, Retro, and Mario Kart.. Only Sony can compete with that.

Extremely boring games..Sorry.As I said I am very distant from the mario franchise.I amnot in touch with it so I don't care.

"You want quiet, you better take the next train"

I actually really don't care about mario..I haven't played anything past the NES or SNES I don't remember..I was too young back then. I am not being hateful , I am just so distant from this franchise

If you don't care for a series you should really not comment on it tbh...

Both of these events are live E3 press-only events. This is not a Nintendo Direct. This is not a Square-Enix live stream event. This will only affect the press, not the public.

There will be nobody reading the OP or this post.

zeopower6

He just says they're preparing for development for a Final Fantasy title, and to be excited for E3.

I don't think his literal words can be relied so heavily on. If they're only just preparing for development, they obviously wouldn't be ready by E3. And he didn't use the word new at all.

That's why I didn't mention the word new, since he didn't say it. They will probably at least mention whatever it was he was talking about since he said to look forward to E3. Most people took that to mean 'a new FF title will be debuted/announced at E3' though. If they don't say anything about it during the Sony conference, I'd be surprised.

Midou

Well at least with it not being live streamed I can just care about the Nintendo Direct and see what happens at this later.

Is it a hush hush thing or will participants be allowed to talk about what they saw?

Kouriozan

This is NOT NINTENDO DIRECT, but the other one people actually attend, obviously.
THERE IS NO LIVESTREAM
My bad, skipped that part.
Well, good luck for those who don't know which event to attend.

zeopower6

Well at least with it not being live streamed I can just care about the Nintendo Direct and see what happens at this later.

Is it a hush hush thing or will participants be allowed to talk about what they saw?

Kagari said there's no NDA. However, what they see will probably be shown at the Sony conference the evening before.

Extremely boring games..Sorry.As I said I am very distant from the mario franchise.I amnot in touch with it so I don't care.

So you could say, it's a distant world?
SquareEnix only has Eidos games to depend on now.
They are practically a well-funded Eidos.

I expect a Final Fantasy 7 reboot on iOS now the way SquareEnix is trending with their legacy titles

Chake

Banned
Holy hell, i am not even sure anymore where they are going to show the FFXV with all those shows they are holding. So, am guessing it's safe to assume it won't show in the sony show, Eh?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
For consideration: Square held similar events in the past at E3. Just facts on the past:

Last year, they held an after-hours event on Tuesday for Agni's Philosophy where they did the debut of the trailer (in the same minute the PR was released to the press)

The year they announced 14, they did a (incredibly empty - less than 50 people) 1 hour mini event where they once again showed the trailer, let the key developers talk about their plans for the project, and then a panel-based Q&A with the press present. Shame happened for 13.

Basically what I'm saying is that this stuff is pretty normal, especially in the years since they stopped doing their own press conference.

freudian slip?

HeelPower

We can still be friends if you care about Bravely Default.

I have only owned the game cube to play Pokemon Gale of Darkness and WW.I like Zelda and Pokemon very much.I don't know about Mario and the rest of it. I might buy a Wii to play Skyward Sword later. The game looked amazing everytime I saw it.

BDFF is interesting but I amnot ready to shell out Gil for handhelds.

Magnus

A Final Fantasy event?

So, hopefully, a reinvention of (and/or) reinvigoration of the brand, via:

• FF Versus XIII rebranded as FF XV
  • FFXIII rebranded (already) as Lightning Returns, reducing the toxicity on the game associated with the XIII name
  • FF X/X-2 HD Remaster with a firm release date
  • FF XIV: A Realm Reborn's launch year
  • And who knows, maybe finally releasing Type-0 in the West under a new name as well

neither

As someone already mentioned, I think it's gonna give the press a closer look
at the announcement from the previous day at Sony's event (or at least i hope, I want versus to be revealed at the Sony presser)

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
A Final Fantasy event?

• FFXIII rebranded (already) as Lightning Returns, reducing the toxicity on the game associated with the XIII name
  • And who knows, maybe finally releasing Type-0 in the West under a new name as well

So MMO 2.0, FFXV for 2020, a more accessible re-release on PS3/Vita(first chance at INT. Version for some!), Type- i0S.

Yep.

A Final Fantasy event?

So Square Enix's E3 2013 event is going to be a game they announced in 2006, another sequel in a series they announced in 2006, a remake of a game from 2001, the MMO they released in 2010 and a PSP game?

Sounds about right actually

imtehman

Banned
shit its happening, final fantasy something something please be excited yaeah!!

PLEASE, GIVE us a a new final fantasy tactics while thier at it

Thoraxes

So Square Enix's E3 2013 event is going to be a game they announced in 2006, another sequel in a series they announced in 2006, a remake of a game from 2001, the MMO they released in 2010 and a PSP game?

They're par for the course.

A Final Fantasy event?

It'd be hilarious if Type-0 went back to 'Agito' for the Western release. :p

This conference needs to show that FF's toning down, or focusing away from the following awful trends:

• MMO's (At least numbered FF's.)
  • Toriyama as a lead
  • Cell-phone/browser games
  • Trying to be Western

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Meanwhile over at Nintendo they'll showcase one of the few bright spots of SE's lineup from the past few years and maybe another port or two.

My guess as to what they show:
At their booth/ online PR releases
- Lightning Returns
- FFXIV (possible PS4 version announced)
- FFX HD
- KH 1.5 HD

At Sony's conference (and later as part of Q&A session)
- FF XV (originally Versus, may be cross-platform on PS3/P34)
- FFXVI (based on Agni's Philosophy, will probably look CG but is realtime, but only a short trailer)

I think that the Q&A session afterwards is specifically a Final Fantasy event then that means unfortunately we won't see Kingdom Hearts 3 revealed - perhaps at TGS.

Top Bottom