• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shauni

Urgh, getting a lot of communication errors all of a sudden. Was fine until about an hour ago. Wastes my damn experience buff too, lost about 5

lt519

Oof major losing streak, had the splattershot at 7.5 and at 4.5 now.

What's the benefit of getting win steaks, I see at 5.0 you get 3000xp, is that it or do you get unlocks?

zenspider

Just completed the single player. While maybe a bit familiar to the first one, the last half really knocks it out of the park. Final boss is
a bit too familiar to the first for my liking, so even though it's amazingly well designed it doesn't manage the same face melting awe as it's predecessor.

The last world legit could compare to the best of Mario. I wish we get story expansions this time around, I honestly think that if Splatoon and this had a focus on the single player (with more content as well as the marketing profile) they would be considered two of the best platformers ever made.

Totally agree with that sentiment. I'm saving single player for when I inevitably get banned for disconnects (Wired LAN haha), but looking at Splatoon 1's campaign in the context of a 3D platformer, it's among the GOATs.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, this game is incredible. Just managed to be #1 in a Turf War match, and it felt fantastic. I still suck, mind you, but I'm having a lot of fun. Salmon Run is also great.

I'm starting to get a few connection errors though, hopefully they won't happen often.

Shauni

Christ, I've got three communication errors in a fucking row, and they were good games too. Very irritating, think I'm going to be done for the day then, my internet is on the fritz I guess. I'd be at level 9 by now if I hadn't lost so many of my buffs. Going to take forever.

lt519

Damn first on the team with 9 splats, paved the way for a huge last second push, we must of flipped 20% of the score.

Unfortunately, I'm still heavily using the weapons I mained last game. (splat roller and aerospray). I wanted to use the sequel to learn new weapons but I get too mad when I play poorly with then switch back to what I'm comfortable with. At least the sub and special weapons are different. Really like the curling bombs.

I've gotta admit, so far the OST for this one seems to be falling short of the first.
Granted a lot of the best stuff for the original came later but the online matches feel like they're lacking tracks with the oomph of Splattack.

Just got a switch a few days ago and needs some friends to play with, US East 2257-8536-2799.

I thought I saw a link to a spreadsheet somewhere. Anyone have it?

Ashby

If you're feeling like people are constantly getting the drop on you, try upping the sensitivity setting for the R-stick

I hate that they removed two splat zones from port mackeral (and all maps?) but the new one in pm is awesome. I just sat on the sponge and bucketed the entire game lol.

Plus you can see all enemy points without moving the camera. Thats hard to come back from and I hope they don't change it.

Guys, would you inform me more about matchmaking in salmon run? How can we know when matchmaking opens ?

Feel like it's available more than its not. Make me think maybe its only timed so that when the population is light they can focus people into the normal modes. My gut says they'll eventually get rid of the times though if it keeps a growing online population.

Anyway, it's been up every single time I've been interested to play it.

Randoms online, please go near the egg holder when you have a rush wave. The Goldies will bring the eggs to you and they can only come from one direction.

Ceadeus

Feel like it's available more than its not. Make me think maybe its only timed so that when the population is light they can focus people into the normal modes. My gut says they'll eventually get rid of the times though if it keeps a growing online population.

Anyway, it's been up every single time I've been interested to play it.

Good, thank you

woodland

Is there any difference between the strength of sub-abilities vs. main? I.e. swim speed+ on the main ability vs sub? Also, how does the stacking work mathematically? Diminishing I assume?

Biske

Ah nothing better than revenge killing the team at point blank with the tenta missiles.

You just got me off the tower? Oh thats cool, I got off my missile strike

Soul Lab

question about the hero weapons from the single player. If you unlock them for mp, do they have the same set (sub, special) as the normal version of the weapon?

13ruce

Banned
Salmon Run is by far the best horde mode I've played on a game

Agreed i am a huge COD zombies fan but i love this finally a very good non endless horde mode. Can't wait what they will add to it in updates maybe even new enemies down the road and bosses + maps. It's really well done especially for how short it actually is like 5 mins or so per game, amazing just pure fun imo. And i love how hectic it can become insane even sometimes with alot of spawns.

chronomac

I bought a shirt in SplatNet and it never showed up in the shirt store…that happened to anyone else? It was a 4K bowling shirt. Do I have to go someplace else to pick it up?

13ruce

Banned
I see that cool hat with the flap upside in the Splatnet store is that just an advertisement that it will show up next or what? I can't buy it and i want that hat badly. It's the one the inkling girl wears in the promotional art and box art etc.

Just got a 5 minute temp ban because of the games endless communication errors. These passive aggressive messages about your sessions not ending "naturally" are irrationally infuriating me.

lt519

The app is actually pretty neat being able to see your overall stats. Excited to hit a couple more levels and give ranked a try. What's the number in parenthesis mean next to splat total?

Shauni

Endless communication errors, that's how

tft.gif

Shauni

I bought a shirt in SplatNet and it never showed up in the shirt store...that happened to anyone else? It was a 4K bowling shirt. Do I have to go someplace else to pick it up?

You pick it up from the spiked haired little bastard near the multiplayer entrance

EDIT: And beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom