• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biske

Yup, rainmaker is truly back.

My team had it, inked a path forward, killed 3 of the other team, what does my rainmaker holder do? LETS TRY THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STAGE! CAUSE YOLO!!!

A Japanese player got to S+1 rank.

https://twitter.com/Mokoyama0423/status/888839646385291264

DFXK8j5U0AEQ44W.jpg

Kudo

Truly in love with Salmon Run, I hope they expand this mode in future with more bosses and maps, some new modifiers and mechanics maybe.

OCD Guy

Just came up against a team of Aero MG. I thought the point of not being able to change weapon in between matches was so the game balanced teams out?!

It's safe to say it wasn't enjoyable with the curling-bombs flying all over the damn place, and my team mates not covering the fucking turf and trying to play like it's call of duty.

Shauni

Did some intense Salmon runs. I'm not too sure what happened during one of the matches, but on one of the waves the enemies were moving really fast and there were these other glowing fish trying to attack us. It was intense.

Uh-huh, someone didn't read their manual! Lol, but you're not alone, almost no one does. That's a rush stage, happens time and again. If fireflies are around you, run like hell, you're the target

CodeNfX

Is there any way to play with a friend in regular battles or ranked? Only way I see are joining them while they're in a game but it usually puts us on opposite teams.

13ruce

Banned
Nearly 100k+ gold already thanks to salmon run lmao. :p buyin all weps and cool clothes and respec em won't be a grind problem now. Like in Splatoon 1.

OCD Guy

If the opposition has 2 or more Aerosprays in turf your gonna have a bad time

Try a team of 4. I didn't think I'd ever see that, because I read the game balanced teams out.

That ain't happening with what I'm seeing so far...

Kill'em and send them back to the spawn. It's easy, thing has almost no damage and range is pretty mediocre

On certain maps when there are 20 curling bombs flying all over the place you can't get anywhere near them.

Memory

How do I play Salmon Run online and not just locally? Totally missing where I need to go.

You can press X and use the quick menu to reach any place you want to go (Salmon is labelled as Grizzo).

If you want to find it yourself just walk straight from where your first spawn and take the left.

Wtf. So is there some kind of prestige system now? S+2,3,4,etc?

I want to know, too. It definitely implies S+1 is not the final rank though.

Uh-huh, someone didn't read their manual! Lol, but you're not alone, almost no one does. That's a rush stage, happens time and again. If fireflies are around you, run like hell, you're the target

A nice presentation from a Japanese player:

https://twitter.com/POLYGONOSTAR/status/888773683057115136

Luigi87

It would be neat if the S+x were a secondary high-tier ladder that resets back to S+ after a certain period (like 2-3 months)

bonesquad

Does your special auto activate at times? Lately playing Salmon Run and even in Turf War my special activates even though I'm positive I didn't click the right stick. Maybe because I'm doing so bad the game's trying to help me out?

I know I have issues in Arms activating the special accidentally, but it's easy to bump R. In Splatoon it's a pretty deliberate action to click the stick.

JayBabay

Have a couple friends who own this now and was thinking to pick it up. However, one was saying that you can't really have a pre made team of friends? The lobby randomly puts you into one of 2 groups and doesn't prioritize putting you with friends.

Is this true or does he have no clue what's he's talking about?

RagnarokX

No, when that kind of stage starts everyone should group at a chokepoint and let them come to you. It's a shooting gallery.

-shadow-

Have a couple friends who own this now and was thinking to pick it up. However, one was saying that you can't really have a pre made team of friends? The lobby randomly puts you into one of 2 groups and doesn't prioritize putting you with friends.

You can join friends when they're already in a lobby, this will randomise the teams. You might be with each other, to might be against each other.
However, you can make a 'private' lobby that you're friends can join and you'll stay together. The game won't do it for you.

It's true. For casual mode, you can join your friend's game in progress, and then it'll randomize teams, so you may be together, or not.

For ranked mode, you can't team up at all. It's all solo q.

The only way to team up is to play League mode. This requires that you achieved a rank of at least B- in one of the ranked modes (you start off at C-)

JayBabay

You can join friends when they're already in a lobby, this will randomise the teams. You might be with each other, to might be against each other.
However, you can make a 'private' lobby that you're friends can join and you'll stay together. The game won't do it for you.

Thanks, and in a private lobby you can then join other public matches as a group?

13ruce

Banned
Do the rewards keep getting better and better? Cap per day?

Highest i got was like 1000 so dunno saw no end on the reward bar tho yet:p and yeah the more points the more gold you get, u also can get some nice tickets and shirts duplicates shirts can be sold for 4k gold.

-shadow-

Thanks, and in a private lobby you can then join other public matches as a group?
I'm unsure if they changed it from the original, but you could play with four friends against strangers. But seeing they changed quite a bit in the matchmaking and the rules, I can't guarantee that it still works.

Also note that this is only for Turf Wars, Ranked you have to do completely at random until atleast rank B, once you've reached that you can play the new mode (the purple one, don't know the name) with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom