• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT| Squidstyler

Grakl

When you start to aim down, it suddenly shoots downwards really fast. Put it on a low sensitivity and then slowly move the reticle down and see what happens
Hmm, I have low sensitivity, but I'm still not sure what you mean. I'll try it when I get home.

I do a decent amount of aiming down with the charger, too. Are you talking about with motion controls?

Grakl

How does re-roll work. I haven't done it yet. You can't change the main ability. But once you re-roll, it clears all 3 of the slots?

I have over 100k still banked.
Re-roll rerolls those three slots, so you get the new sub abilities instantly.

Dr. Buni

That's what the vanilla has over it. Worst case scenario, use a splat bomb and take them with you.
If not by the sprinkler, I wouldn't mind switching to the vanilla charger. But the sprinkler is so useful. Killer Wail, on the other hand...
Yeah, I'm using the Kelp Charger with the scope. Just get better reactions dawg. Also, damage up if you want those sweet not fully charged OHKOs.
That is the plan! I haven't considered damage up, but I will give it a try. Hopefully there's a good-looking gear with said ability.

Munkyspace

How does re-roll work. I haven't done it yet. You can't change the main ability. But once you re-roll, it clears all 3 of the slots?

I have over 100k still banked.

If you don't like the sub abilities, you can reroll them again for another 30k. Rinse and repeat until you get something you like.

Personally, I'd save it for future rerolls instead of dumping it all at once.

Cyd0nia

Banned
I had some crazy lag in a match earlier... I was shooting but my paint was taking a few seconds to render after I'd fired. They must delay the draw() until all players have the data or something. I've played a LOT of games and this was only ten seconds in one game, but it was nuts. I didn't know what to do!

Rank C+ now and level 14 - think I've found my loadout for making an impact in Ranked matches now!

Neiteio

Pretty sure the locked tracks are related to Splatfests.
Yeah, that'd make sense. Already on disk and ready to go, but the events haven't occurred yet, so they're locked for now.

On another note, the Inkling amiibo will be compatible with Yoshi's Wooly World (and so will every other amiibo, it seems). You can see the squid amiibo Yoshi in the upper right — lime green with the black mask!

0NBTWst.png

Malus

Definitely a ramp up in difficulty there. Just keep moving and near the end stay as far back as you can

It actually wasn't the end lol.
After you see the first invisible platforms there are ink geysers to the left you need to climb in order to advance. Either it was the boss's shield or his projectiles, but he was throwing me off the geyser each time I tried to jump off it. Didn't realize until it was too late that I needed to push him back some more.

Mononoke

Banned
If you don't like the sub abilities, you can reroll them again for another 30k. Rinse and repeat until you get something you like.

Personally, I'd save it for future rerolls instead of dumping it all at once.

I'll give it a shot I guess for this piece of clothes. I really like it. I filled out all 3 of my slots with quick Jump. Like really. How unlucky. =/

Damn, I won 6 ranked games in a row. Was intense. Can't believe I'm B- rank now.

Grakl

So i just rolled 3 straight Special Savers

fuck

lmao damn

If not by the sprinkler, I wouldn't mind switching to the vanilla charger. But the sprinkler is so useful. Killer Wail, on the other hand...

That is the plan! I haven't considered damage up, but I will give it a try. Hopefully there's a good-looking gear with said ability.

Killer Wail is godlike, you serious?

KevinCow

Banned
Yeah, that'd make sense. Already on disk and ready to go, but the events haven't occurred yet, so they're locked for now.

On another note, the Inkling amiibo will be compatible with Yoshi's Wooly World (and so will every other amiibo, it seems). You can see the squid amiibo Yoshi in the upper right — lime green with the black mask!

0NBTWst.png

That's nice and all, but why would anybody play as anything other than cow Yoshi?

Evilmaus

So how much potential does everyone think there is for actual "high-level" tournaments and such?

This is definitely a very unique shooter, and it will be interesting to see how different strategies evolve for the different maps and game modes.

Although saying that, the lack of voice chat functionality will definitely be a hindrance.

Grakl

So how much potential does everyone think there is for actual "high-level" tournaments and such?

This is definitely a very unique shooter, and it will be interesting to see how different strategies evolve for the different maps and game modes.

Although saying that, the lack of voice chat functionality will definitely be a hindrance.

Maybe in August. Til then, no real custom matchmaking

How many times can you reroll the abilities of a gear?

I think it is situational. In corridor-like maps like the warehouse and mackerel it is great, but in other maps not so much.

Nah, even in larger maps it can force players at worst to move, making it easier to line up snipes. Every map has some kind of choke point you can use it at, too. Yeah it's situational, but there are a ton of situations you can use it.

Malus

So is there a general consensus on OT2 yet? I feel we got a pretty huge pool to choose from just looking at all the memes in inkopolis.

Peltz

On another note, the Inkling amiibo will be compatible with Yoshi's Wooly World (and so will every other amiibo, it seems).

I'm pretty sure it's been stated that Pokemon amiibo from Smash will not be compatible.

Xeteh

I'll give it a shot I guess for this piece of clothes. I really like it. I filled out all 3 of my slots with quick Jump. Like really. How unlucky. =/

Damn, I won 6 ranked games in a row. Was intense. Can't believe I'm B- rank now.

Must be the brand of the piece of gear. Seems like each brand has a 5x chance to roll specific sub perks and 1/2 the chance to roll another specific one. Feel free to look at this.

Regiruler

You could probably get away with damage up as one of your subs. I just rerolled my octoling boots, and they now have it.

Dr. Buni

Nah, even in larger maps it can force players at worst to move, making it easier to line up snipes. Every map has some kind of choke point you can use it at, too. Yeah it's situational, but there are a ton of situations you can use it.
You might be right.
You could probably get away with damage up as one of your subs. I just rerolled my octoling boots, and they now have it.
Alright, that is good to know.
Dj Octavio better be in the next smash bros
He will be a stage hazard as annoying as Roidley in the Pyrosphere :)

Mononoke

Banned
Must be the brand of the piece of gear. Seems like each brand has a 5x chance to roll specific sub perks and 1/2 the chance to roll another specific one. Feel free to look at this.

Wow thanks for that link. Didn't even know the brand played a part. *smacks head*

Qurupeke

Pretty hard as it is right now.

Gsnap

Mechanically the game has just as much potential as any other game.

But we need proper matchmaking and other such things first.

Regiruler

Cuttlegear and Amiibo have equal chance for every sub? Unsurprising, but I didn't know that also applied to KoG.

Grakl

Damage up as a sub is almost useless for practically every weapon, unfortunately. Needs to be a main. Even then, not too useful except for specific weapons, and having two main, or multiple sub on top of the one main, helps significantly.

R.D.Blax

Finally rank B+, 8 win and 3 loss to reach it. The dual Squelcher is a beast in this mode. Strangely, I didn't see any charger in these match

Top Bottom