• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT| Squidstyler

AdanVC

NoA embracing the Spongebob.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/606920368490610688

CxHaIYc.jpg

Nintendo is now doing whatever it takes to make Splatoon a big success and i love them for that. At this point they are at nothing to post the NSFW puns and semi-hentai posts as well.

Kouriozan

Join random, everyone is here, game start -> loading black screen, controller vibrate.
Wait whut?!
Players are spawing but there is only 3 people, me include, spawning in our base....

I ended that match with more points than the winning team's top scorer (with the +300 pts)

Nintendo is now doing whatever it takes to make Splatoon a big success and i love them for that. At this point they are at nothing to post the NSFW puns and semi-hentai posts as well.

Angry Luigi was probably quite an eye-opener. They embrace the memes. Same with Reggie.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I was able to use a room full of bad players to climb to B, and that's the highest I've gotten.

I resent you.

Don't resent me, I just went 2-14 in a match. Some of these people are godly, I'm just merely a good teammate with my bubble.

Ricky 7

That's the idea bruh

It seems like no one ever expect the dynamo roller to one shot them with its ranged swing thingy

Yeah I never realised how strong the actual shot of it was, I thought it was mainly for rolling and covering ground. It's got pretty good range considering how strong it is. Plus I've got a few power up skills so I can easily 1 shot people.

NotLiquid

Angry Luigi was probably quite an eye-opener. They embrace the memes. Same with Reggie.

Honestly for the most of the part I still think they handle the whole "meme" thing relatively gracefully. Maybe not so much during the Tropical Freeze takeover but otherwise pretty decently.

The Luigi Death Stare is a perfect example. They gave it a subtle nod during the Digital Event last E3 but they didn't actually try use it as a selling point. I'm pretty sure there was some publication that wrote how it's basically "appropriating elements of fan culture without having to take it away from the people".

Nosgotham

playing ranked mode for the first time today and its been annoying, i dont know what it is but i keep feeling like im stuck in teams who all gang up on one zone while the other team is splitting up and getting their players in advantageous positions. im going to have to switch out of the roller because every time i wind up having to be the one to try and take out players on the other team in high areas on the skatepark just sniping on zones because no one else even bothers to go after them.

Then there was the time where i got stuck 4 on 1 because 3 dudes on my team disconnected within the first minute, so that was fun.

The higher you get in rank, the better the players are and then frustration just becomes the fact that some of these players are super human good.
I like splat zone maps with only one zone personally. The two zone maps are tough

Neiteio

I'm not interested in my ranking. So much of it is contingent on getting a good team, which is random chance.

Mainly playing Turf Wars at the moment, trying to level up different outfits and raise money to enhance them.

Zero²

Guys, guys!!! Finally bought Splatoon from the eshop!
After a week of waiting and seeing you all have fun, it's so close I can feel it :)

Delt31

I have heard SO much good about this game but after playing the demo, I was bored after 10 min. Great presentation but didn't care to just paint things. Tell me where I went wrong GAF - what did I overlook. I want to buy it but need to know if there are any converts from demo to full realizing it was fun.

I have heard SO much good about this game but after playing the demo, I was bored after 10 min. Great presentation but didn't care to just paint things. Tell me where I went wrong GAF - what did I overlook. I want to buy it but need to know if there are any converts from demo to full realizing it was fun.

You also shoot people.

The strategy in the game is endless.

ViviOggi

Ah, yes it was indeed intense.

Also heartbreaking.
I saw you were A, is it your experience as well that above B(+) it's just filled with Japanese players? If I hop back to Turf War it's mostly Western names and smooth action but my A- games are like 90% Japan with awful delay across the board

Grakl

I saw you were A, is it your experience as well that above B(+) it's just filled with Japanese players? If I hop back to Turf War it's mostly Western names and smooth action but my A- games are like 90% Japan with awful delay across the board
You gotta wait for westerners to catch up in skill

Wow. I'm speechless. This is so amazing I'll tell you what.

Gonna bring in the propaint and propain accessories.

Also, I'm sort of loving Skatepark now? Found an easy way to use Beacons to circumvent the other team and with my build I can almost carry my team if they at least know HOW to use beacons.

I also thought you'd lose less points if you lost a match in which your mates disconnected, but I lost a 1x4 match and still lost the full 10 points. Say what you will about you disconnecting, but this shouldn't make you lose all the points as well.

It's a love/hate relationship with ranked though. I really like that I can level up pretty fast but all these costumes are so far out of my reach and I want them all before I actually care about perks.

Robotguy

Dual Squelcher or .96 gal for ranked? I really like the range of the squelcher
Personally I prefer the .96 gal over the Squelcher. The range on the .96 is just barely shorter than the Squelcher, but it kill faster, which I like. Should be able to do better paint coverage with the Squelcher though, due to it's high rate of fire. I think I'll probably give the Squelcher another go, because I've been finding my team getting outpainted in a lot of ranked matches, which makes capturing the zones difficult.

I think it is wiser to wait until we get accurate ability values before wasting money on re-rolling; indeed, some abilities have a much greater percentage increase than others… some are really worthless. The Prima Guide only gives the maximum boost and doesn't detail smaller steps. (Also, Prima Guides are notoriously known for their amount of errors, so further testing is always appreciated.)

At the moment, if I have extra cash I simply grind for extra slots.

Nosgotham

Single player is more platformer and very well done.
The multiplayer strategy is much much much deeper than "paint"the ground. Put 40 hours in it and I'm still building gear to suit my playstyle which is dependent on maps available and which mode I'm playing

Vecks

So wait, have some of you guys managed to play Ranked with each other?

Sounds like crazy as hell coincidences.

Unless the population of people who play ranked is really low. I feel like you could probably coordinate a group game by jumping in at the same time.

Top Bottom