• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Guys, the spoilers referenced here were taken from Reddits metal gear spoiler thread, it's little bits on info taken from multiple posts that were deleted in yesterday's madness in r/MetalGear.

Basically r/MetalGear went on lock down because of spoilers and posts got deleted, the guy who posted these also posted about the face change mechanic a few months ago before Brazil outed them.
I don't know who he is or where he went but with him telling everyone about the face mechanics and then Brazil backing that up as well as today, I'm inclined to beleive him.
Did he mention anything else?

saher

Banned
CMeUCf_W8AAQuY0.jpg

LIES

I pity the fool who believes those spoilers.

Heavy MPO references? No fiery horse chase? Nothing to be reminded of 'all ghilled up'? A fucking fulton gun used as a deus ex machina in the opening? I love my Carl Gustav Fulton but come on.
edit: The original version sounds somewhat plausible though.

Furyous

This whole thread is confusing. People walked into a spoiler thread post to complain about spoilers. THAT IS THE POINT OF THE POST.

Can someone edit the OP to say "This is a thread with SPOILING ASS SPOILERS leave if you don't want to be SPOILED because SPOILERS are here".

Saw that Metal Gear spoiler and it kind of makes sense. Can't wait to see how they implement it. It seems like overkill for a base. Nothing this era should be able to stop a Metal Gear outside of a nuke.

The first extensive time we saw Diamond Dog in the jungle the commentator mentioned that exact spoiler. It was something to the effect of you'll find him somewhere in the jungle.

Shy

This whole thread is confusing. People walked into a spoiler thread post to complain about spoilers. THAT IS THE POINT OF THE POST.

Can someone edit the OP to say "This is a thread with SPOILING ASS SPOILERS leave if you don't want to be SPOILED because SPOILERS are here".

Saw that Metal Gear spoiler and it kind of makes sense. Can't wait to see how they implement it. It seems like overkill for a base. Nothing this era should be able to stop a Metal Gear outside of a nuke.

The first extensive time we saw Diamond Dog in the jungle the commentator mentioned that exact spoiler. It was something to the effect of you'll find him somewhere in the jungle.
0bRBS72.gif

He isn't in the goddam jungle, they put him there for the TGS demo. He's native to Afghanistan like all the other wolves you've seen in the demos. People playing today already found him in the first bunch of missions which don't involve Africa.

Furyous

He isn't in the goddam jungle, he's native to Afghanistan like all the other wolves you've seen in the demos. People playing today already found him in the first bunch of missions which don't involve Africa.

I know that and am trying to be ambiguous because people that hate SPOILING ASS SPOILERS come into a spoiler thread and get offended. I referenced something in a video but since you brought it up let's speculate some more.

If we have to fight off a pack of wolves early in the game trying to rescue a pup with a damn tranq gun I'm going to be pissed off.

If we have to fight off a pack of wolves early in the game trying to rescue a pup with a damn tranq gun I'm going to be pissed off.

Hmm, I haven't heard anything about that. There's been a few people talking about finding him over the last few months before e3, at e3 and after, it sounds like it plays out just like it did in TGS but near the start point of an early mission instead.

Fandangox

Its gonna happen either way, my xenoblade x spoiler thread had a huge image that said spoiler in it, and people still confused it with the OT.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Any spoilers or conjecture as to what that villa / mansion mission from the konami trailer is about?

Is
torturing people gonna be a reoccurring mechanic in this?
Is it possible to kill Huey if you could kill quiet?
Apologies if this has already been discussed in the thread, but I thought Kojima expressed back in late 2013 that he likely wasn't going to feature interactive torture sequences in MGSV after being asked about the controversial, unavoidable scene from GTAV.
Hideo Kojima said:
It's something that needs to be done. As the expressiveness of video games goes up, if you want to go beyond that it's not something you can avoid. Of course not all video games have to do this, and in my case it's not something that I want to go through. If the violence will give new emotions that are important to the game, I want to put it in there, especially with this game where one of the main topics is revenge. I don't want to walk around that. [...] I didn't want to go as far as having playable torture. The part of "Metal Gear Solid 5" that has torture is non-playable.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Metal Gears can definitely be taken down with conventional weapons with enough concentrated fire. Also it's a big target so it will take the brunt of enemy fire instead of being able to dodge/hide.

The game ends and just as the Metal Gear 1 remake starts, you hear Solidus say, "That's enough Jack."

Fade in, and it's PS2 graphics as Raiden sits on the torture table inside Arsenal. Solidus explains that the ending of 2, and the entirety MGS3, 4, Peace Walker, and V were all fabricated by the Patriots as a false history of Big Boss's tragic past involving an imaginary mentor called The Boss, and a simulation of their plans for the future, in which they would fake their own destruction by pretending to be AIs, fooling everyone and killing all of their foes in the process.

Solidus is about to explain what the real history is, when suddenly the world glitches out and Solid Snake, voiced by David Hayter, materializes in a digital void and explains that it's up to you to decide what really happened or not. He presses a button and your console turns off the game and reveals that all your save data has been erased.

The title screen has been transformed into "METAL GEAR SOLID 2: THE PHANTOM PAIN." MGS2 was indeed always Kojima's final Metal Gear Solid.

Is what I hope will happen.

The game ends and just as the Metal Gear 1 remake starts, you hear Solidus say, "That's enough Jack."

Fade in, and it's PS2 graphics as Raiden sits on the torture table inside Arsenal. Solidus explains that the ending of 2, and the entirety MGS3, 4, Peace Walker, and V were all fabricated by the Patriots as a false history of Big Boss's tragic past involving an imaginary mentor called The Boss, and a simulation of their plans for the future, in which they would fake their own destruction by pretending to be AIs, fooling everyone and killing all of their foes in the process.

Solidus is about to explain what the real history is, when suddenly the world glitches out and Solid Snake, voiced by David Hayter, materializes in a digital void and explains that it's up to you to decide what really happened or not. He presses a button and your console turns off the game and reveals that all your save data has been erased.

The title screen has been transformed into "METAL GEAR SOLID 2: THE PHANTOM PAIN." MGS2 was indeed always Kojima's final Metal Gear Solid.

Is what I hope will happen.

EmCee dream scenario. I hope it happens for you, man. Kojima take us to the promised land.

I would never need to play another video game, because nothing could reach me the same.

I want the game to end 3/4ths of the way through the story, and, after the credits, getting a message saying "To be continued in Metal Gear Solid:
The Pachislot
- A Hideo Kojima Game."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom