• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Stryder-

The equivalent of Johnny Sasaki stumbling through a land mine filled patch of ground going,
"Oh no! I'm awful at according landmines" despite the barbed fence and sign

Yes, him and like... fucking 70 others.

I'm going to start going into threads I have no interest in and just let everyone know I don't care and leave the thread. I heard that's a thing that someone would do if they're not an idiot at all.

afba67b9cbec952efd26b5b30acc1ccf.png

It is lmao, and I'm hoping to god it's real.
Instant masterpiece of a final game for the series is this ends up true.

Choomp

Banned
You mean besides the fact that characters very rarely talk like an actual person would? Or the constantly monologuing villain with a voice that sounds like it came straight out of an anime dub? Or the horrible dialogue itself with body comparisons to fruit, which is part of the constant monologuing villain critique because by god someone wrote this and thought it was poetic or something. Seriously, try saying some of the stuff that they say in the game out loud, it sounds so awkward.

I think a lot of Metal Gear's appeal is in how obscure/quirkily over the top it is. That's part of why I love it, at least. Between that and all the pop culture references you can tell someone just thought of that shit raw without any fluff and used it, and I think it's really cool. I can see not liking it but I think people could still understand the appeal.

See, i actually don't know if I should click these. whether or not I buy this game now or in a few months depends entirely on whether the story is MGS 2&3 level or MGS4&PW level, so this effects my purchase. DAMN.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I think a lot of Metal Gear's appeal is in how obscure/quirkily over the top it is. That's part of why I love it, at least. Between that and all the pop culture references you can tell someone just thought of that shit raw without any fluff and used it, and I think it's really cool. I can see not liking it but I think people could still understand the appeal.
I somewhat understand the appeal, especially for those who grew up with it, but the appeal has been lost on me, especially since they started talking about tackling things that'll legitimize video games as culture like Breaking Bad and including child soldiers at the same time as advertising chicken hats.

We already have
Idol Paz
for that if the anime posters you can collect are anything to go by.

I hope we get a remade version of that in the Foxengine

I'm not kidding

I somewhat understand the appeal, especially for those who grew up with it, but the appeal has been lost on me, especially since they started talking about tackling things that'll legitimize video games as culture like Breaking Bad and including child soldiers at the same time as advertising chicken hats.

I always considered the gameplay elements separate from a story. Separate the story from the game. If MGSV succeeds in telling its story, than that's great, if it also succeeds in providing well enough gameplay, that's also great.

I mean, many would argue that war and violence is a very bad thing, but is it really not as bad as child soldiers? Are we that desensitized that we're fine with portraying violence and executing enemies, but when it comes to torture which is also an aspect of war, suddenly they're crossing the line?

It's silly to think of one evil being worse and unable to be portrayed than another. Torture and Child Soldiers are aspects of war, which MGS has always treaded with. In a game where you can shoot your enemies to cripple them, outright execute them by slashing their throats, is portraying child soldiers really that bad?

entremet

Why are we using spoilers in a spoiler thread?

Doesn't make sense. If you don't want to be spoiled, you shouldn't visit this thread.

Venom Fox

Banned
Haha that actually falls somewhat in line with a thought I started to have awhile ago.
I edited with an even bigger, more detailed post.
The first is from 4chan and the second is from someone on Reddit.
The original poster who posted it got deleted.

Ricky_R

Small confirmed details:

• You play as Big Boss ONLY. Char Creation was for online
  • DD's location in Africa is completely randomized. It's somewhat of a task to find him and the dead wolf.
  • Quiet is introduced via a side op and you have to tranq & fulton her if you want her help
  • Quiet has a torture sequence and you get to control how much pain she endures. Too much pain and she can die
  • D Horse Available from the start. D Walker has to be developed by collecting parts
  • Super Spoiler.
    METAL GEAR ST 84 can become a usable vehicle in the field except that all enemies are full alert always

Haha MGS and its stupid names. Anyway, some of those sound nice.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kojima's insistence on milking The Boss even after her death is the reason I stopped getting invested in these stories. If true, that spoiler is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom