• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens - It's True. All of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Personally I think it's a it hard to tell. I mean it's simple so that's good. The structure should work. There's still a bit we don't know which could effect quality I suppose.

I guess as long as there is no obvious "transgression" spotted so far I'll remain optimistic. Thanks!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Great thread OP but I'm staying out of it until I've seen the movie.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I'm beyond stoked to see the flashback scenes with young Kylo Ren and Luke in training. So Luke should be in those scenes and then the final scene as well if I'm not mistaken.

sphagnum

Banned
Guys, if you want to know the plot, just read the spoiler board PDF. Should be pretty accurate. http://spoilerboard.blogspot.com/

For anyone who wants the most basic rundown possible without bothering to invest their time in that:

-15-20 years after RotJ, Luke's new Jedi order is slaughtered by the Knights of Ren. Han and Leia's son aids the Knights in their slaughter, takes the name Kylo Ren. Luke disappears.
-30 years after RotJ. By this point an imperial remnant called the First Order has arisen and a group called the Resistance led by Leia is set up to oppose it. The New Republic probably still exists but is not involved. Leia sends X-Wing pilot Poe Dameron to Jakku to meet with Lor San Tekka, who has somehow gotten Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber which contains information pointing to Luke. Kylo finds out, attacks the village. Finn is a Stormtrooper and he refuses to kill the villagers. Poe is captured but puts the lightsaber in BB8, who flees. Lor is killed. Poe is brought back to the Star Destroyer Finalizer and interrogated; Finn decides to abandon the First Order, breaks Poe out, and they hijack a TIE but get shot down. Finn thinks Poe dies, takes his jacket, trudges off into the distance.
-Rey, a scavenger on Jakku, meets BB8 and tries to sell him but fails. She meets Finn in a bazaar, they get tailed by TIE Fighters and escape by hijacking the Millennium Falcon. The Falcon gets sucked up by a gigantic freighter in space, where they find Han Solo, who is in the middle of a gang war between two different groups and some monstrous cargo. They help Han and Chewie, who reunite with the Falcon, and when Han finds out about the lightsaber BB8 is carrying he decides to take them to Takodana, where they meet the pirate Maz Kanata, who apparently has a history with the OT3.
-Supreme Leader Snoke orders a demonstration of the First Order's superweapon, Starkiller Base, which is a planet retrofitted with a massive superlaser. They fire at Takodana and (possibly?) destroy a ship from an emissary from Leia. The First Order invades Takodana. Maz shows the others a vision of the history of the lightsaber, showing how it had been used during the Knights' raid on the Jedi Academy and passed through multiple hands until coming to Jakku. Rey feels an intense revulsion to the lightsaber and runs away, so Maz gives it to Finn. Finn uses it in battle against a riot trooper, but the tide of battle doesn't turn until Poe (who somehow survived) shows up leading his squadron. However, Kylo Ren captures Rey and takes her back to Starkiller Base.
-Kylo interrogates Rey and learns something about her that makes him think he no longer needs the lightsaber to find Luke. She MAY be Luke's daughter (this is still unknown since most dialogue has not leaked out) and MAY have been a young child at the Jedi Academy who was hidden away during the slaughter. In any even, Finn meets with the Resistance High Command gives them info on Starkiller Base. Leia authorizes a strike, but Han also wants to rescue Rey. He and Finn go off to Starkiller Base but she has already broken out by that point and meets with them. A battle erupts between First Order and Resistance forces, culminating in both sides' fleets being wiped when General Hux authorizes the use of an "array" superweapon. Poe's group survives however and after Finn uses the lightsaber to destroy the shield generator, they begin their attack run on the base.
-Kylo Ren confronts Han and murders him. Finn pursues Kylo into the forest and they duel but Finn gets beat. Rey accepts her destiny as a Jedi and takes up the lightsaber, duels Kylo, possibly results in a standstill, but either way the ground around them starts to collapse as Poe's group pounds the base. They escape when Chewie rescues them in the Falcon.
-3PO, R2, and BB8 solve the "puzzle" from the lightsaber that points to Luke's location. Rey says goodbye to Finn as he recuperates in the medical bay. She says goodbye to Leia and sets off with Chewie in the Falcon. They arrive at Luke's hideout and Rey presents him with the lightsaber, becoming his padawan.

Cheebo

Banned
I am going to love watching the bitter tears of the non-spoiled who expect Luke to be the badass hero to save the day.

Quick

Banned
I love it when people come in these threads and post stuff like this lol.

It's like the kid that tries to discreetly open Christmas presents.

I'm a little relieved that this thread exists. No spoiler tags is liberating.

Not that I know any more shit about the movie after the trailers at this point. :lol

Fury451

Banned
So Han probably dies? That's...kinda bold at least. I don't really know how I feel about that, or about the plot from those spoilers in general.

FrsDvl

LOL, acting like you guys actually know shit right now. Gonna be some huge crow on some faces in a week.

Considering a lot of the trailers more or less confirm stuff from the leaked script, that leaked out before said trailers. I think we can probably say that it's quite accurate.

Sucks to be murdered by your own son.
Very curious to see how people react to Han dying. Seems a lot of people wanted the trio to be on screen together doing some badass shit.

YX6PsYX.jpg

Considering a lot of the trailers more or less confirm stuff from the leaked script, that leaked out before said trailers. I think we can probably say that it's quite accurate.

I don't doubt some of the board storyline details are correct.

I'm fully expecting BobbyRoberts to have some crow on his face after some of his super specific predictions turn out completely wrong.

sphagnum

Banned
"Finn isn't a jedi"

"So he's fighting stormtroopers with a lightsaber because..."

"because reasons"

Maz gives him the lightsaber for safekeeping because Rey refuses it. He may or may not be Force sensitive, but if he is, we don't know yet. We don't know if there's any dialogue between Maz and Finn that would imply that he is Force sensitive, and we don't know if he ever uses it to deflect blaster bolts or anything like that. For the time being, it can't be said that he's Force sensitive, whereas we know that somehow Rey "turns the tables" on Kylo during his interrogation of her, uses "special skills" to get past the Stormtroopers to let her out of the base, and is the one who goes off to find Luke, which would point more towards her being Force sensitive at least.

Very curious to see how people react to Han dying. Seems a lot of people wanted the trio to be on screen together doing some badass shit.

I think he deserves it. I mean, if he wasn't so selfish in Ep.4, and joined the final fight right away, maybe Porkins would have survived.

Fury451

Banned
"Finn isn't a jedi"

"So he's fighting stormtroopers with a lightsaber because..."

"because reasons"

Yeah, that and the fact that Rey can pick it up and duel Ren, possibly to a standstill, is kind of lame.

Maybe the context will explain more of why she can do this other than "Jedi blood", but it kind of seems like a hand wave to say "she has the force" and that means she can automatically dual with a lightsaber.

Moff

LOL, acting like you guys actually know shit right now. Gonna be some huge crow on some faces in a week.

the leak happened a long time ago and not a single thing that was officially released after that contradicted any of it.
so yeah, it's true. all of it.

Nodnol

So Han probably dies? That's...kinda bold at least. I don't really know how I feel about that, or about the plot from those spoilers in general.

I don't know about anyone else, but I genuinely assumed he would from the moment Ford was on board. I didn't think there was any way he'd be back for more than film, and wouldn't have done it without a resolution and an end to his tenure in Star Wars.

IF you're going to off one of the OT characters, might as well do it with the new villain, who happens to be his son.

sphagnum

Banned
I don't doubt some of the board storyline details are correct.

I'm fully expecting BobbyRoberts to have some crow on his face after some of his super specific predictions turn out completely wrong.

The only big predictions anyone has that I could see being wrong are "Rey is Luke's daughter" and "Finn isn't Force sensitive".

And "Snoke is Plagueis", of course.

Fury451

Banned
I don't know about anyone else, but I genuinely assumed he would from the moment Ford was on board. I didn't think there was any way he'd be back for more than film, and wouldn't have done it without a resolution and an end to his tenure in Star Wars.

IF you're going to off one of the OT characters, might as well do it with the new villain, who happens to be his son.

I think I suspected some of the original characters to die, but over the course of the three films. It's kind of a strong lead to have the character who is arguably the most popular or the very least admired because his natural cool factor be killed in the first leg of the comeback tour. Like I said, it's definitely bold. I'll have to see how it all plays out but I respect the decision at least if it's true.

I would not worry about that in a universe when death is a minor inconvenience (force ghosts everywhere)

I mean, the characters largely still die and stay dead. Select few can come back because of the force or whatever, but I doubt that Han qualifies for that benefit.

why they doing my boy finn dirty like that

Apparently Finn, while not being the character directly related to the Skywalker Saga, the character that connects best with the audience, and is DEFINITELY more of the audience surrogate than Rey.

He loses a lightsaber fight, sure. But so did Luke.

diaspora

Maz gives him the lightsaber for safekeeping because Rey refuses it. He may or may not be Force sensitive, but if he is, we don't know yet. We don't know if there's any dialogue between Maz and Finn that would imply that he is Force sensitive, and we don't know if he ever uses it to deflect blaster bolts or anything like that. For the time being, it can't be said that he's Force sensitive, whereas we know that somehow Rey "turns the tables" on Kylo during his interrogation of her, uses "special skills" to get past the Stormtroopers to let her out of the base, and is the one who goes off to find Luke, which would point more towards her being Force sensitive at least.

Finn is a trained stormtrooper, fighting other stormtroopers with a lightsaber without being force sensitive would be ridiculously pointless. Why Maz gives the thing to him in the first place is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom