• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Now I feel like I should just save my money and purchase more BD imports. Lack of English dubs and subtitles are the least of my worries with newer series today.

For the Japanese releases. I know Bandai Entertainment took off the Pizza Hut logos for the English dub, and I can only assume the same is true when playing the Japanese track. Don't have immediate access to the DVDs to check.

If you can understand it then go right ahead!
You get much better product for your money.

End of Semester, travel nightmares and I still hit #3.

I have no fucking life.

You? Im always at the top and I work a million hours.
i literally have no life.

Admit it, you just like breasts.

Eh, the manga goes into
fake yuri angst
, and I don't know how interesting that'll be.
Well i might just check the manga at some point.

So the Wal-Mart I worked at got in Berserk The Golden Age Part 3 today

Apparently someone in Wal-Mart's home office is either an idiot or drunk because this film was put in the kids new release section

So in the same section as family friendly stuff like Disney's Pirate Fairy, Scooby Doo Wrestlemania Mystery, and Angry Birds Cartoon Season 2 is Berserk

Scenes of extremely graphic violence, sex, and rape

tm1a1PN.gif

Obviously the perfect movie for little kids to buy
I approuve of this.
Kids will know first hand the danger of decapitation , torture , rape and they will have a first hand example of how assasinations worked during the middle ages between nobles famillies.
BEST DOCUMENTARY EVER.

While breasts are great, I'm more of a hometown enthusiast. And believe me there are some fantastic hometown in the game.

*Nods*
My biggest regret when i tried blade and soul is that i didn't have a graphic card to trully enjoy this "graphic" to the higest detail possible.

Excuse me while I go and cry in the corner...
and read the LN

Wish they would hurry up and release them quicker.

I want to read the ending properly.

So in the same section as family friendly stuff like Disney's Pirate Fairy, Scooby Doo Wrestlemania Mystery, and Angry Birds Cartoon Season 2 is Berserk

If I didn't see that movie in the picture, I would be in utter disbelief.

Well Zach should be happy. In addition to Mushishi (DVDs :(), Casshern Sins Pt 1 and 2, and Hidamari Sketch S1, I grabbed the second season as well!

and bought Star of Milos.

Now to wait for those lot to ship

fallagin

time to catch up a bit.

hxh 122

epic... but fuck was this sloooooowwwww. was the manga slow or are they running out of manga?

Yes, it was very slow and painful in the manga as well. At least the ending was pretty fun.

Edit: it was a while ago though, and I havent really been watching the anime lately, so I'm not sure how they compare tbh.

Eusis

I approuve of this.
Kids will know first hand the danger of decapitation , torture , rape and they will have a first hand example of how assasinations worked during the middle ages between nobles famillies.
BEST DOCUMENTARY EVER.
Huh, better get Game of Thrones in there too. It's got dragons, kids will love that.

cajunator

Banned
So the Wal-Mart I worked at got in Berserk The Golden Age Part 3 today

Apparently someone in Wal-Mart's home office is either an idiot or drunk because this film was put in the kids new release section

Scenes of extremely graphic violence, sex, and rape

tm1a1PN.gif

Obviously the perfect movie for little kids to buy

my roommate just received that. I dont think walmart workers are paid enough to give a shit about where its displayed.

New thread, perfect time to post the survey results. I put all the graphs in an imgur album so as not to spam the thread with pictures.

There were 51 total respondents. Thanks to everyone who filled it out!

http://imgur.com/a/cc14q

Other responses:

Sorry I still need to respond. I literally fell asleep before taking the survey. My hand was on the mouse and everything.

If you can understand it then go right ahead!
You get much better product for your money.

The only two imports I currently own are Minami-ke's first season BD-box and the GJ-bu BD-repeat disc, along with the GJ-bu@ BD on pre-order. I don't understand the large majority of what is being spoken, but I sure do enjoy listening the seiyuu. I did purchase some books to start learning and practicing kanji and kana, along with three import manga series, but that has been a slow and challenging progress.

my roommate just received that. I dont think walmart workers are paid enough to give a shit about where its displayed.

As someone who works at Wal-Mart, those of us who work in Electronics all noticed it (most of use are anime fans), laughed and said "oh well if that's how corporate wants it better not change it"

Well I guess since I did finally watched the first episode of everything I wanted to, list time in Famitsu rating scales:

40/40:
Atelier Escha & Logy ~Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi~
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Haikyuu!!
Isshuukan Friends.
Kamigami no Asobi ~Ludere deorum~
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Mekaku City Actors
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

35/40:
Baby Steps
Hitsugi no Chaika
Keroro
Mahou Shoujo Taisen
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to
Majin Bone
No Game No Life
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
Soul Eater Not!

29/40:
Black Bullet
DRAGON COLLECTION
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Hero Bank
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara
Kenzen Robo Daimidaler
ORECA BATTLE

I guess I'm watching an average number of shows this season which is good.

cajunator

Banned
The only two imports I currently own are Minami-ke's first season BD-box and the GJ-bu BD-repeat disc, along with the GJ-bu@ BD on pre-order. I don't understand the large majority of what is being spoken, but I sure do enjoy listening the seiyuu. I did purchase some books to start learning and practicing kanji and kana, along with three import manga series, but that has been a slow and challenging progress.

Im too lazy and dont have the time to learn unfortunately. It would be neat though.

As someone who works at Wal-Mart, those of us who work in Electronics all noticed it (most of use are anime fans), laughed and said "oh well if that's how corporate wants it better not change it"

Well thats even better then.

Tenumi

Banned
Apparently the Scooby Doo Wrestlemania Mystery is actually pretty good from the few people who've apparently seen it

Still find it funny that a very large boulder, AKA a ROCK had to job to Cena. Symbolism!

I'm so going to watch that movie someday, if only so I can say I did. Because the premise is so bad it's awesome.

Narag

Still find it funny that a very large boulder, AKA a ROCK had to job to Cena. Symbolism!

I'm so going to watch that movie someday, if only so I can say I did. Because the premise is so bad it's awesome.

it's at redbox starting next tuesday. i know what i'm watching

Aquarion EVOL - 3

I just want to say that I LOVE this OP. This tune is just so catchy.

So the mecha is powered by Amata's feelings for Mikono? All right I'll go with that, but I can't help but feel that thing has been done before. A lot.

Okay, things are slowly but surely getting explained. So everybody that can pilot this mecha has a super power of some kind and that helps them pilot the mecha.

I like the digging guy that showed up in this episode. He seems like he should be a fun character.

cnet128

Banned
hxh 122

epic... but fuck was this sloooooowwwww. was the manga slow or are they running out of manga?

You could certainly say they're running out, but that's not relevant to the pacing since the manga hasn't had a new chapter for over two years now and I'm pretty sure the anime has had a clear ending point in sight for a long time. This part of the Chimera Ant arc has just always been very...meticulous in its depiction of events.

New thread, perfect time to post the survey results. I put all the graphs in an imgur album so as not to spam the thread with pictures.

There were 51 total respondents. Thanks to everyone who filled it out!

http://imgur.com/a/cc14q

Welp, looks like I'm the only person here who does most of my GAF browsing on a tablet. And god-DAMN at all those dark theme heretics. I feel like I'm surrounded by enemies. At least 50ppp still has its rightful lead.

Love Live! 12

Depressing stuff, with
the group forbidden from taking part in the Love Live, Kotori having made her decision to leave everyone behind to go study abroad, and now Honoka feeling so guilty her depression has led her to be an ass and try to quit the group
. I can't see
Kotori actually going through with the studying abroad thing, since breaking up the group doesn't feel like something this show could actually do, especially now that there's a second season
...but from an in-universe perspective at least, it seems horribly set in stone.

Most painful scene of the episode:
Honoka crying over the Love Live rankings with μ's nowhere to be seen
, but honestly the whole episode was heartbreak central.

Hope the final episode does a damn good job of turning this all around.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
On a side note I was reading this piece on surprisingly great Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Tony Cingrani and thought of how its basically Ace of Diamond in real life.

Southpaw SP (who was originally a reliever) who throws more fastballs in baseball than any other pitcher in the game even though his fastball velocity isn't that great. Its one of the most dominant pitches in baseball because of his funky motion where he hides the ball behind his glove which causes total deception especially to left handed batters where the ball disappears before they can pick it up. And he's been hesitant to learn or use any other pitch because shounen powered fastballs is the way of life.

My favorite bit is how pitchers with slower fastballs are actually advantageous to pitch to contact for ground balls with their offspeed pitch if the difference in velocity isn't that great. Which is totally the case for Sawamura as the only two pitches he throws are a straight 4 seam fastball and a 2 seamer thats effectively a slider he has zero control over.

Anime is real life!

Mature

Patlabor: New OVA Series - 6
What am I even watching anymore?
This episode was about a disgruntled children's television show actor who was losing his job. So, he decided to take the actors and the studio hostage with explosives inside a labor. SV2, of course, handles the situation in the only way they know how... And I'm not entirely sure what that was even after watching it, haha. I like that the subplot of this was the studio manipulating SV2 into extending the length of negotiations to boost their ratings, and they just got away with it!

Even though this OVA series (That takes place as a sequel to the TV series) just feels like more of the TV series, the production quality does seem a bit more consistent. The show continues to be a delight.

Kazzy

...So, if I were to ask for some recommendations of recent stuff that's worth watching - what would you suggest?

it's at redbox starting next tuesday. i know what i'm watching

Might give this a shot as well, just for curiosity sake.

Welp, looks like I'm the only person here who does most of my GAF browsing on a tablet. And god-DAMN at all those dark theme heretics. I feel like I'm surrounded by enemies. At least 50ppp still has its rightful lead.

Superior Dark is most pleasing to the eyes.

Hunter X hunter - 125

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

This episode , this 20/20 episode.
AAA++++ episode.

I felt like something just awoke inside me when the MUSIC started during the freefall scene.. WHAT A TEASE ...

Masterfull.

Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%20125.jpg

No don't be i AM very thankfull.

Madhouse kept his money for "THIS"....THIS
Netero fight scenes .... OMg it's just so good.
i dunno who is the most cheated... Netero for attacking an unlimited number of times from all the directions at a speed faster than the sound ?
or the king being able to wistand this relentless assault ?
Either way the fight is there , in all his glory and it's damn freaking nice to see it animated that way.

Not to mention that tense as hell scene with pitou and gon.
Excellent , just excellent
Because gifs are a thing of the past :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/96aodnaohzzhfsx/hxh%20125-01.webm
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6m9bfsdvt6zaxsp/hxh%20125-02.webm

So goooooooood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom