• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

Final box/disc art for some of Sentai's upcoming releases.

Maoyuu
Dog & Scissors
Leviathan: The Last Defense
Amnesia

Sometimes I'm vaguely tempted to pick up Maoyuu because there were a few nice sequences, but then I remember it basically goes nowhere and that makes me pause. Don't have any particular thoughts about the rest of the list.

Honestly, at this point I'm mostly waiting for Funimation and Sentai to start putting out the Bandai/Sunrise shows they rescued, which should hopefully begin to happen sometime during the second semester and not make us wait until next year or even later than that. I've enjoyed rewatching Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass (even crazy R2 makes more sense when revisited) and Infinite Ryvius plus the Big O, Outlaw Star and Overman King Gainer, among others, over the years but would still be willing to double-dip for the BDs.

In a perfect world I would be watching the new Jojo, Captain Earth, the Ping Pong show and whatever else sounds reasonably promising, but my work schedule has been totally messing things up lately. :(

Ooooh shit! Dat wisdom!

It's so funny, I was sooo pessimistic of this coming season after we had such a stellar winter that I doubted we'd get anything as good and/or better for quite some time. I'm so glad I was proven wrong! The garden has been saved again!
Again i feel the same way that's why i tok my time to finish sakura trick , but soul eater not! came and i could finish my winter show without worries.

I dont see best girl in the Dog and scissors artwork..
Hence why it's weird.

New thread, but this time dreams crushed. Fuck you Cajun, you're too Spain to my Germany.

In football.

I think that you're more belgium than germany if we're talking football comparaisons.

Hey Admiral Woofington you seem to like RomCom so why don't you try reading a manga called Yamada and the Seven Witches it's really good unless you have read it already.

cajunator

Banned
It means he's the Buffalo Bills to your NE Patriots.

i am offended by this.

Sometimes I'm vaguely tempted to pick up Maoyuu because there were a few nice sequences, but then I remember it basically goes nowhere and that makes me pause. Don't have any particular thoughts about the rest of the list.

Honestly, at this point I'm mostly waiting for Funimation and Sentai to start putting out the Bandai/Sunrise shows they rescued, which should hopefully begin to happen sometime during the second semester and not make us wait until next year or even later than that. I've enjoyed rewatching Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass (even crazy R2 makes more sense when revisited) and Infinite Ryvius plus the Big O, Outlaw Star and Overman King Gainer, among others, over the years but would still be willing to double-dip for the BDs.

In a perfect world I would be watching the new Jojo, Captain Earth, the Ping Pong show and whatever else sounds reasonably promising, but my work schedule has been totally messing things up lately. :(

Maoyuu is decent. Aside from her stupidly large assetts the demon king is a fun character but the chemistry between the leads is nowhere as enjoyable as Spice and goddess.

Pushimas - 10 , 11 , 12

Puchimas%21%21%20-%2012.jpg

Are you trying to tell me something , puchimas ?
Now that's a misunderstanding i can get behind.

So :
-Pushimas don't get bored ,
-Riitsuko can trully handle anything
-Hakane is the best thief

Hey Admiral Woofington you seem to like RomCom so why don't you try reading a manga called Yamada and the Seven Witches it's really good unless you have read it already.

Sure. I'll add it. Gender Bender is not my thing but it seems it isn't the only thing.

I think that you're more belgium than germany if we're talking football comparaisons.

Shots fired. You wanna brawl bro? Literally since you think I'm Belgium you're basically calling me angry and violent with decent skills.

Linking cajun to a thread about racism would suffice.

Ixx6zt7.gif

cajunator

Banned
Again i feel the same way that's why i tok my time to finish sakura trick , but soul eater not! came and i could finish my winter show without worries.

Hence why it's weird.

Suzune is like the only good thing about Dog and Scissors. But shes a really great thing. I bet she would enjoy being called a thing too.

Linking cajun to a thread about racism would suffice.

Meanie :(

Since this is a new thread, I guess I'll post what I'll be watching this season.

Haikyuu
I really like the animation in this, and I'm a fan of sports anime (if they're done right). As long as it does something interesting in-between the volleyball, I'll keep watching. Tanaka is my favorite character at the moment, those faces kill me.

The Files of Young Kindaichi Returns
I'm a fan of mystery shows like this, so I'll give it a try. It's pretty interesting so far. Only thing I dislike, is how unreal it is that a high school boy is solving cases just because his grandfather is famous. His father confuses me as well. He gives him info on people to help him solve cases ffs, that is beyond unreal (let me give you all the info in the police database son, while my boss watches me). I'll keep watching for the cases themselves, but geez that'll be itching at me through this.

Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro
I was skeptical at first since he was a big jerk, but they're starting to turn it down a notch now. He isn't as big a jerk as he was in the first episode, and now it seems we may actually see some sumo wrestling.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3
Can't say Jotaro impressed me with his introduction like Joseph did. People were telling me how great a character he's going to be, but I'm not seeing much yet. Will keep watching, but I don't like Jotaro all that much.

Majin Bone (hmmm)
I watched 1 episode, but I liked what I saw. The CGI is terrible, but the rest of it looks great. I'm not hooked on it, but I'll keep an eye on it for now.

Not a bad season so far, and way better then the last. Of course like usual, I'll be watching HxH2011 and One Piece.

jgminto

Can't say Jotaro impressed me with his introduction like Joseph did. People were telling me how great a character he's going to be, but I'm not seeing much yet. Will keep watching, but I don't like Jotaro all that much.

Jotaro has some tricks up his sleeve.

iH4CVOSgZjkna.jpg

Sure. I'll add it. Gender Bender is not my thing but it seems it isn't the only thing.

Shots fired. You wanna brawl bro? Literally since you think I'm Belgium you're basically calling me angry and violent with decent skills.

Ixx6zt7.gif

Theirs romance between the MC and Heroine and the gender bender thing is just for comedy relief.

Gazoinks

Oh hey! A new thread! You know what that means!

About half of what I got in the thread before the last one. Need to watch some better shows.

So this means Woofington is watching Boku no Pico, right?

Jojo from Part 3 on is much more ensemble-focused, so you'll probably only really get into his character once the full party's assembled and the character interactions start.

Shengar

As per this post, Cajun have made 8 posts while Woofington only a mere 2 posts in this page alone.
You just can't beat the Cajun

Articalys

Well, I'm graduating from being a neet with my first day of full-time work in over two and a half years tomorrow, so I should probably go to sleep about now.

See you all much, much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom