• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Black Bullet 2-

This is just straight up shoddy directing and writing. So many scenes feel artificial due to the poor directing. There is no flow to the scenes and they again all feel disconnected. There's no consistent tone nor consequence in the writing.

The villain jumps into a room full of highly trained warriors and they all just let him have a talk to the MC without interruption. Nobody else interjects till the end of the conversation. Nobody seemingly questions the MC about his connection to the villain.

Next scene we have MC and his partner go shopping and we see the discrimination against the Lost Girls. There is no connection to the previous scene.

After that, the villain randomly shows up again to try and convince MC to join him. There's seemingly no reason why the villain should be paying attention to the MC other than the fact that he's the MC. Also the MC doesn't report this to anyone either.

The ED is pretty good though.

Jotaro has some tricks up his sleeve.

iH4CVOSgZjkna.jpg

I hope so. The stands are interesting enough, just not Joseph at the moment. Also, who is that?

Jojo from Part 3 on is much more ensemble-focused, so you'll probably only really get into his character once the full party's assembled and the character interactions start.

Well if he has character development, then that's even better then him not being likeable in the beginning.

Kazzy

What are you looking for?

GBF, Ping Pong, Jojo, second half of Space Dandy

KirbYayoi's Bizarre Adventure, KirbYayoiCharge Precure (I should totally change my username again), You name it.

Non Non Biyori

Non non biyori, one week friends, mushishishishishi

All of Space Dandy!

Ping Pong is looking excellent as well.

Mushi-shi Zoku-Sho

Recent as in Spring shows?
From Winter, nobody mentioned Noragami. Weird considering it was being championed as the best show of the season by a lot of people.

Really depends on what you're looking for (and what would still be considered recent)

But definitely Non Non Biyori and Wolf Children.

Hm, thanks for the recommendations, though I kind of overestimated how much my presence (or lack thereof) would help in letting people know what kind of shows I typically like! I only really lost the thread about 3 months ago, so I guess I wouldn't have missed all that much, but now have zero awareness as to what looks interesting/ is upcoming. I guess I'm mainly looking for shows with an emphasis on character developement above all, though I understand that isn't a request with any kind of great specificity!

I was only ever watching Kill la Kill and Space Dandy for the entirety of this/last season - One being a show that I liked, whilst the other I was largely ambivalent about, and was dictated by my own time investment.

I'll watch Garzey's Wing because I can tell you right now I'd drop Boku No Pico within 5 minutes by gouging my eyes out. Also it's technically NSFW. Not Suitable For Woof. You guys remember nothing.

NOTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING.

duckroll

I don't remember seeing this ever discussed in here, but did you guys know that the author of Kino's Journey, Keiichi Sigsawa, is actually involved in Sword Art Online II? He's apparently helping the anime production with supervision on the guns and stuff. Pretty cool stuff. I guess it's not surprising that top talents in the industry would all want to work on one of the most popular artistic and cultural works of the 21st century.

Nordicus

I know you used the word "popular" which is not untrue, but I still felt like reaching for a knife while reading that.

Also, 21st century

Shengar

I don't remember seeing this ever discussed in here, but did you guys know that the author of Kino's Journey, Keiichi Sigsawa, is actually involved in Sword Art Online II? He's apparently helping the anime production with supervision on the guns and stuff. Pretty cool stuff. I guess it's not surprising that top talents in the industry would all want to work on one of the most popular artistic and cultural works of the 20th century.

RwSN18k.gif

cajunator

Banned
I don't remember seeing this ever discussed in here, but did you guys know that the author of Kino's Journey, Keiichi Sigsawa, is actually involved in Sword Art Online II? He's apparently helping the anime production with supervision on the guns and stuff. Pretty cool stuff. I guess it's not surprising that top talents in the industry would all want to work on one of the most popular artistic and cultural works of the 21th century.

so it should be a few notches above shit then. As long as it doesnt ass pull like the first. I mean Accel World came out pretty good. Maybe...
im going to be so disappointed >_

Branduil

I don't remember seeing this ever discussed in here, but did you guys know that the author of Kino's Journey, Keiichi Sigsawa, is actually involved in Sword Art Online II? He's apparently helping the anime production with supervision on the guns and stuff. Pretty cool stuff. I guess it's not surprising that top talents in the industry would all want to work on one of the most popular artistic and cultural works of the 21st century.

Spared no expense.

Jex

On a side note I was reading this piece on surprisingly great Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Tony Cingrani and thought of how its basically Ace of Diamond in real life.

Southpaw SP (who was originally a reliever) who throws more fastballs in baseball than any other pitcher in the game even though his fastball velocity isn't that great. Its one of the most dominant pitches in baseball because of his funky motion where he hides the ball behind his glove which causes total deception especially to left handed batters where the ball disappears before they can pick it up. And he's been hesitant to learn or use any other pitch because shounen powered fastballs is the way of life.

My favorite bit is how pitchers with slower fastballs are actually advantageous to pitch to contact for ground balls with their offspeed pitch if the difference in velocity isn't that great. Which is totally the case for Sawamura as the only two pitches he throws are a straight 4 seam fastball and a 2 seamer thats effectively a slider he has zero control over.

Anime is real life!

Haha wow, that's kind of amazing. Anime life lessons.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hm, thanks for the recommendations, though I kind of overestimated how much my presence (or lack thereof) would help in letting people know what kind of shows I typically like! I only really lost the thread about 3 months ago, so I guess I wouldn't have missed all that much, but now have zero awareness as to what looks interesting/ is upcoming. I guess I'm mainly looking for shows with an emphasis on character developement above all, though I understand that isn't a request with any kind of great specificity!

I was only ever watching Kill la Kill and Space Dandy for the entirety of this/last season - One being a show that I liked, whilst the other I was largely ambivalent about, and was dictated by my own time investment.

Ping Pong is really the only show that stands out. Everything else fits into some nerd niche or another. There are a lot of dumb and "dumb" shows though, but probably nothing on KLK's scale.

---

Random poll: Grungiest Yuri of Spring 2014
a) Akuma no Riddle
b) Inugama-san to Nekoyama-san
c) Soul Eater Not

I think the obvious answer is "a", but I think "c" is the the black horse.

fertygo

On a side note I was reading this piece on surprisingly great Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Tony Cingrani and thought of how its basically Ace of Diamond in real life.

Southpaw SP (who was originally a reliever) who throws more fastballs in baseball than any other pitcher in the game even though his fastball velocity isn't that great. Its one of the most dominant pitches in baseball because of his funky motion where he hides the ball behind his glove which causes total deception especially to left handed batters where the ball disappears before they can pick it up. And he's been hesitant to learn or use any other pitch because shounen powered fastballs is the way of life.

My favorite bit is how pitchers with slower fastballs are actually advantageous to pitch to contact for ground balls with their offspeed pitch if the difference in velocity isn't that great. Which is totally the case for Sawamura as the only two pitches he throws are a straight 4 seam fastball and a 2 seamer thats effectively a slider he has zero control over.

Anime is real life!
Goddaamn even the pitch motion looked the same.. I guess this is the mangaka inspiration lol

Oh shit that the MLB guy just started to breaking out last year? there's that I guess lol

I watched a few episodes of Happiness Charge Precure.

So which Precure is weaker one starting out? Blossom or Princess?

So far I think the show itself is OK... the character designs aren't offensive, Sei is a pretty awesome support character, it borrows from Heartcatch(I think) for some of the special attacks, the villain faction seems like it might have some depth to it in twenty episodes or so. Fights have been fairly entertaining so far. CG transformation dance attacks are silly but not offensive, actually sort of impressive that CG has made it that far.

I'm not a huge fan of the Cures I've seen at the moment(Lovely, Princess). Don't hate them, just feel oddly ambivalent about them. Their interactions feel kind of canny as a pair when they're not transformed.

I haven't seen enough of Fortune to really judge, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and say she's awesome.

I'm hoping they'll eventually explain wtf that whole trapping-person-in-mirror-coffin thing they do to make their superbaddies actually is.

At this point my opinion of the show is neutral. There's clearly a lot of open potential and not any glaringly wrong moves being made, but I'm not really sold on the MC pair right now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't even want to know what "grungiest yuri" means.
Yuri-ass dirty yuri. aka the Kannazuki no Miko of the season!

Shittiest pandering/least believable representation of lesbians.

Probably.

Pretty sure Soul Eater Not wins this one and I didn't even try it.
The second episode is why I think it would win, but Akuma has a girl whose body is all scarred and features like 12 psycho girls. It's really close.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There is a total lack of images in the OP. Now I can't judge shows based on their banner images thus I'll not be able to watch anything. This will lead to a drop in viewing figures which will result in the producers pulling the plug on shows. Basically what I'm saying is, the OP will directly be responsible for killing anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There is a total lack of images in the OP. Now I can't judge shows based on their banner images thus I'll not be able to watch anything. This will lead to a drop in viewing figures which will result in the producers pulling the plug on shows. Basically what I'm saying is, the OP will directly be responsible for killing anime.
CR is already moving toward the JDrama future. GTO Taiwan > all anime, etc.
:Kurita

But what will save anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom