• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaiba 4

Mg97J.jpg

This episode looked rougher than usual, with the lines not as sleek and the animation not as smooth. I didn't personally appreciate the slight change in style, though I recognize it is a valid stylistic choice. I wasn't as drawn into this story as the last one, primarily because I found the twins annoying. The best scene was in the grandmother's memories,
when she came to terms with the loss of her husband.

Area no Kishi 13
tumblr_m1tqa99afN1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Pretty compelling episode and a great match. So glad it went against my prediction for their first official match, truth be told, it was great. Announcer dude returned, hes so excited always one of my favorite side characters in this. Next episode looks fun
that mythical feint

wsippel

Banned
Gainax doing a long-form shounen series? Lol, that should be "interesting".
I don't really think it'll look or feel like a Gainax show, anyway. Dantalian sure didn't. It wasn't completely terrible (not good, either, but that might have been the source material), but it was so incredibly generic that I wouldn't have had any doubts if someone told me it was by Xebec or Satelight.

Noirulus

I enjoyed my time with OreImo plenty, but I really don't need more of it.

If you enjoyed it, why not?

And why is everyone hating on more OreImo?

I'd imagine most of it is because of Kirino

What the fuck did Materazzi tell him anyway?

I think he insulted Zidane's sister. Some people say that Italy's coach knew some of Zidane's personal life because they were both in Juve for a couple years, and told Materazzi to make Zidane uneasy with that info.

Source material focuses pretty heavily on Kirino's friends after the first couple arcs.

There's some questionable stuff later on that GAF will certainly dislike, though.. :/

One day we'll all conquer our backlogs.

But then our hearts will be empty.

Reknoc

Toriko x One Piece

A fun enough crossover episode. Can't say I'm a fan of Komatsu's voice, though that may just be because I always imagined him with Ussop's VA. For the first half Nami looked rather off, though everyone else looked fine.

Lucky that Code Geass has already a second season, so I can continue watching. But I fear I shouldn't. So I am asking you Anime, should I watch the second season of Code Geass?

zeroshiki

http://www.ytv.co.jp/uchukyodai/date.html

Looks like the 45+ episode thing regarding Space Bros was wrong; the official Japanese site says that the show ends in June.

It doesn't exactly say that.

For background to the others, that link is for a SpaceBros library card that you can collect points on. At the end it says "can accumulate points until the end of broadcast June 24" which could mean the show will end but could also mean you only get points until that day.

Ultimadrago

Requiem from the Darkness 13 [END]

A dark series that happened to take an even darker turn at the final stretch. The relationship between
Mr. Author and Ogin
is a little subtle and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I found it a well done sub-sub-sub-sub element of the plot.

Overall, I liked this series, only disappointed by its lack of a solid storyline from the very start. The final three episodes worked well and it's a shame that the majority was taken up by episodic "mysteries." The mysteries were neat, dealing with carious demons and their origins/source vices, but it should have never been the pivot of the season early on. Nonetheless, I loved the gang and Mr.Author.

For a textbook "scardey cat", Mr. Author solidly represented the idea of morality and naivety in the face of sin are selfishness. This made his instantly more interesting to watch than a "normal" goody-two-shoes. The contrast of his beliefs with the gang is what made his character all the better made and it visually showed a change of heart within the group as well. Their interactions are an example of a great way to display the battle of "light vs. darkness".

A solid ending for a solid show.

Smile Precure 9

"It's all Happy's fault." Well, no shit.

"AYE!"

duckroll

It doesn't exactly say that.

For background to the others, that link is for a SpaceBros library card that you can collect points on. At the end it says "can accumulate points until the end of broadcast June 24" which could mean the show will end but could also mean you only get points until that day.

Closer inspection on the image at the site and what they are promoting the campaign as to TV viewers on their set-top indicates that this is a promotional campaign to commemorate the launch of the series broadcast. If this is the case, it would actually make sense for the campaign to only last for the first cour, instead of for the entire run of the series. So yeah, you could be right and the campaign runs until the conclusion of the 13th episode, after which the launch period of the broadcast is over.

Space Bratwursts 1

I love how pretty much all non-action space stuff in fiction is always about dreams. Not that I'm complaining. It always has that "epic" music and generally good atmosphere, and this continues that trend.

Mutta seems like a relatable everyman with big dreams, but a slightly cynical viewpoint to hold him back from accomplishing that (for now). In other words, the perfect protagonist for a series like this. Very interested in how he grows.

This also makes me want a ST&Rs anime.

It's got great mech action, i'd say go for it.
Yes. Its a fabulous trainwreck.
Sure, if you liked season one.
It's worth a watch if you liked the first season.
What the hell is with the conditionals?!

Yes, watch Code Geass R2 because there is no anime more fabulous.
Thanks. Even if the "fabulous trainwreck" comment makes me nervous, it can not be worse than stuff like Guilty Crown.(How did I even survive that anime?) Going to comment after I finish Season 2.

What so hard about a five day wait? :p

Oh.. that's all?

Awesome :)

edit - I burned through Fate/Zero 1 in less than 24 hours.. I just couldn't stop watching..

Do you think it would be worth playing fate/stay night before season 2 of /Zero or should I just skip it?

I've been trying to piece together the timeline so I can make sure I get all of the necessary bits.. but there seem to be a lot of related series and such across a wide variety of mediums.. its hard to know what is related to what chronologically..

http://i.imgur.com/Lwwxal.jpg[/IG]

Oh Japan.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was funny how he imagined how he himself looked in that fantasy.

[quote="chickdigger802, post: 36562829"]Code Geass R2 might have one of the best endings for a 50 eps show around.[/QUOTE]

I would have to disagree. I cant accept that ending. [spoiler]It was supposed to leave us feeling good with friendship, and it was too open ended[/spoiler]

[quote="cosmicblizzard, post: 36563209"]

This also makes me want a ST&Rs anime.[/QUOTE]

Well if it can get to 30 chapters maybe it can get an anime like Blue Exorcist did. I wouldnt mind seeing Maho Shirafune and all the exam stuff animated.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hinagiku is the worst Hayate no Gotoku girl. Speaking of which, I need to watch the movie.

I don't really think it'll look or feel like a Gainax show, anyway. Dantalian sure didn't. It wasn't completely terrible (not good, either, but that might have been the source material), but it was so incredibly generic that I wouldn't have had any doubts if someone told me it was by Xebec or Satelight.

If there's one thing that can kill my Medaka Box hype, it's being reminded just how un-Gainax Dantalian ended up. I know that Gainax is a dead shell of its former self and all, but now I can visualize how that translates to an anime.

Come now, Happy isn't nearly that terrible a mascot!

tafer

So... just finished RedLine.

And since my english sucks big time, I'll use someone's else words to describe my opinion:

Jon Liang of UK Anime Network comments that "A sense of the cool and outrageous is seeped into every pore of the design, ... exaggerated is an understatement here", and notes that the film's "cinema-quality smooth animation" makes "even the most alien of things move naturally and the sense of speed that is often achieved is frequently mind-blowing." He remarks that "the visuals and over-the-top action will most likely overload sensitive brain cells," but concludes by calling Redline "an incredibly exciting cinematic experience that doesn't take itself at all seriously."

Someone else said that it was "Speed Racer on crack", and I couldn't agree more.

And I thought that Japan made some stupid laws to stop the production of awesome anime.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So... just finished RedLine.

And since my english sucks big time, I'll use someone's else words to describe my opinion:

Someone else said that it was "Speed Racer on crack", and I couldn't agree more.

And I thought that Japan made some stupid laws to stop the production of awesome anime.

Your English seems fine, bro. Don't be shy.

cajunator

Banned
the wait for Fate/Zero 2 is going to be a lot harder now.. damn cliffhangers.. I should have known that they would do that..

Only another $400 or so and this series is completely mine!
;_;

Inner Yayoi is the moeblob of the year.

Oh god you arent kidding.

Lucky that Code Geass has already a second season, so I can continue watching. But I fear I shouldn't. So I am asking you Anime, should I watch the second season of Code Geass?

Code gess is the special kind of bad that is really good. You should watch it.
Im doing the same.

Without happy, this show would last like 13 eps.

We need more Yayoi eps.

iq2HlXFEdoanu.gif

Some new gifs.

iuWcMTzGBczfR.gif

Japan really have no clue what Thunder actually is.

And here's something to kill Cajunator.

idjUA5eIcL4TE.gif

*insert banned word*

Oh my god my heartttttttttttt

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Pray tell why? She can't be worse than Nagi.

My favorite is Maria anyway, but Hinagiku's a very close second.

I always kind of felt like the show favored her even though she didn't really have any defining personality traits like any of the other girls. She just........blushed a lot, or something. I think that I mostly resent her for being part of why S2 was so different from S1.

For some reason, I never had any problems with Nagi. She's probably one of the most likeable tsunderes in anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I always kind of felt like the show favored her even though she didn't really have any defining personality traits like any of the other girls. She just........blushed a lot, or something. I think that I mostly resent her for being part of why S2 was so different from S1.

For some reason, I never had any problems with Nagi. She's probably one of the most likeable tsunderes in anime.
They're all just tropey characters though. At least they made her afraid of heights, for some reason.

(And of course, Taiyate combined Hinagiku and Hamster girl into one character for ultimate trope-ishness.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom