• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

*Splinter

you are all question marks to me one way or another.
Sorry but Burb this is lazy as fuck. I get not having good reads but there's been a ton of discussion today that you aren't even commenting on.

I've proposed a theory that points to a specific scum team, backed up by the reaction of those players.

Gorlak has done his own analysis on WAMD and come to town/scum conclusions on everyone.

FEP gave his own arguments of who he wants to lynch today.

Fran restated his case against Worthy again.

There are always question marks, this isn't your first game of Mafia, how about some analysis and comment?

*Splinter

How about your reads on everyone but Worthy?

I just skimmed through your posts for today, apart from your case against Worthy there is nothing but self defense. You do mention a scum team in this post:
The bolded didn't happened.

I think the scum team is TWE, CCS, Kawl and FEP. I think you are trying to impose a faulty logic to justify your reads.
Why these players?
What about Gorlak? Townread him or just process of elimination?

*Splinter

In fact you name too many scum there, we'd have already lost if that was accurate. Still want to hear why you scumread all 4 though. And which you think is most likely to be wrong.

*Splinter

Actually perhaps a more relevant question:

The bolded didn't happened.

I think the scum team is TWE, CCS, Kawl and FEP. I think you are trying to impose a faulty logic to justify your reads.
You make comments like the bolded but continue to town read me. Why do you think town would impose faulty logic? Or why do you not scumread me for using this faulty logic to pursue an apparent mislynch in mylo?

franconp

How about your reads on everyone but Worthy?

I just skimmed through your posts for today, apart from your case against Worthy there is nothing but self defense. You do mention a scum team in this post:

Why these players?
What about Gorlak? Townread him or just process of elimination?

I'm townreading Gorlak. He is my stronger town read (except Burb obviously). He seems to be invested in the game, trying to look for scum. I may be wrong, nobody has the real answer except scum but he isn't a player that I would target today.

The scum list is mostly process of elimination. We know that Burb is town, I know that I'm town, I think Gorlak and you are town. The rest I don't know. I'm pretty much convinced that TWE is scum. I really think that CCS is scum (he coasted a lot during the first days and then became a low presence in the game, going under the radar. His reads of WAMD seems like a bus, saying that she is scum but never really going fully after her). I think the other scum is either Kawl or FEP (where it said and should said or). Leaning to Kawl (the first days of Kawl he game Kawl seemed more interested in discuss Mafia theory than really look for scum, After that he remained in a medium presence, never fully commiting to the game. I can't remember a post where Kawl really tried to find scum, all seems like weak). FEP as a really low activity and a low participation too. Most of his game is tunneling on Acohrs. He avoided my attempt to gain more reads out of him day 5. I'm still not sure which of them could be.

franconp

Actually perhaps a more relevant question:

You make comments like the bolded but continue to town read me. Why do you think town would impose faulty logic? Or why do you not scumread me for using this faulty logic to pursue an apparent mislynch in mylo?

Because I believe your claim. And anyone can try to impose a faulty logic, even being town. I know I did before. I was wrong that time and you are wrong here.

CCS

Banned
Most of the reason I didn't vote WAMD at day end earlier was there was no point, no one was interested. I can't remember how many times, but I definitely voted for her during the day multiple times, only to move onto actually viable targets toward day end.

franconp

Most of the reason I didn't vote WAMD at day end earlier was there was no point, no one was interested. I can't remember how many times, but I definitely voted for her during the day multiple times, only to move onto actually viable targets toward day end.

There were votes but there was never an actual push for her. You never made a post explaining why you find her scum. Never really proded her much.

CCS

Banned
There were votes but there was never an actual push for her. You never made a post explaining why you find her scum. Never really proded her much.

Honestly, I was too busy irl until the last couple of days to post much. It was mostly a gut read anyway.

Kawl_USC

"Useless" roles exist. Sleepwalkers don't do anything. Town messagers don't do much. VI was full of roles that didn't actually do anything.

It's all for the sake of making night actions happen. Night actions lead to claims, claims which are crucial to forum Mafia.

Eg.

Tracker targets me? I've got some explaining to do, which is especially problematic if I haven't used my other abilities already.

I target Bronx after the roleblocker has flipped? Well then Bronx has some explaining to do when my name check fails.

It doesn't have to do anything itself, just by existing it gets me to act at night, and content is created from there.

Hell, I wouldn't have known I had been blocked the last few nights if I hadn't been trying to use this last ability. Boom. Content. Etc.

So splinter, A thought occurred to me when looking back at your full claim of night action and targets, I hadn't wanted to bring it up in case you were being truthful and scum had missed it, but between you getting blocked and now you mentioning the bolded I don't see the point in letting it slide.

Do you see the inconsistency in what you are positing now? If you don't, then I'm starting to have a much more difficult time believing you are being truthful with us.

Kawl_USC

Connection to WAMD:

CCS - town
Splinter slightly town
TWE - pronoun?
Fran, FEP, Kawl - nothing

I think we would do good to look at the last three and consider TWE maybe.

Kawl not mentioning his targets right away still bothers me, his claim is also convenient to buy him more time and keep him of the list of potential candidates as Splinter seems to be willing to do e.g.

His overall play was below his usual activity level, the times he was scum he also blamed rl for it. The timing of his claim was also weird.

Meh, I didn't mention targets right away because while they are pretty self explanatory I didn't want to provide scum with more info in case they ended up trying to predict where I'm protecting. But as pointed out there's only ever one person I'm protecting at this point. Last night would have been the night to take the coin flip.

N1: No action
N2: No action
N3: No action
N4: Splinter
N5: Burb
N6: Burb

*Splinter

Because I need you to explain it to me so I can trust you. Right now you're on shaky ground. Scum have pretty clearly worked it out from the roleblock last night.
I wouldn't say "clearly" but fine, I guess the cat's out of the bag now.

Since Bronx is ascetic, my targetting failed, and so I still have my doc shot.

I had hoped that my claim yesterday would stop scum from blocking me, so I could save Burb.

This is also the reason I am strongly against a no lynch. A single save would take us out of mylo.

Kawl_USC

Whyyyyyyy would you point that out?

}:(
If you're town it was a pretty clever play which I'm sorry to fully expose, but if you're scum it's a contradiction which you overlooked. The whole discussion on why you were role blocked would have been a great time to bring it up but you didn't, so I have to broach the subject. Sorry if you were withholding info for towns sake. But I can't be sure of that right now man.

*Splinter

If you're town it was a pretty clever play which I'm sorry to fully expose, but if you're scum it's a contradiction which you overlooked. The whole discussion on why you were role blocked would have been a great time to bring it up but you didn't, so I have to broach the subject. Sorry if you were withholding info for towns sake. But I can't be sure of that right now man.
No it's fair enough. I should have lied more I guess.

*makes note to lie more I'm future*

cabot

We all get started somewhere. I used to look up to Cabot as funny as that sounds now...

2927aee1209aba9c38308daf60d76085.gif

When it comes to me answering things, please be aware of time zone. I live on the other side of the world and I work early mornings. It's very hard for me to be around day end. Questions asked in the last but of a day phase will likely not get answered. I'm not saying that is what happened on any specific time but if anyone has a bone over something like this, please keep it in mind just in case.

On that note, it's almost 2am here and i do work tomorrow. I'm going to drop my vote on worthy before i go to bed unless i get a good reason not to.

I really think Splinter is town but this confident bluster is disconcerting as all fuck. Said a bunch on it this morning but there is no reason at all for this confidence. If you really think he got the whole scum team based on who didn't change onto a pr mislynch then for me today and just end this stupid fucking game. I really doubt scum is going to be targeting me as a nk with this shade and would rather you guys flub the game now then waste my time for another week just to get voted out in the last day by a crazy Splinter who will also not be nk'd since his fucking stupid ass bluster against me needs to work just one time to lose this game. I want to win this but just imagining town splinter's smirk die as he loses us the game spectacularly will be just fine as well. If he's sum then he'll deserve it because as much as he's pissing me off i do still think he's town. Just obnoxious stupid town aggressively trying to lose by thinking he's superman.

Tl;dr
I've explained my reads and will be putting my vote on twe and going to sleep in twenty minutes

Gorlak

Banned
We're stalled again.

I've made my position clear, anyone have anything else to discuss?

Doesn't really look like it, no lynch is out of question, the pr issue will hopefully solve itself with two supposed protective roles at work and everyone checked in and gave his view?

By elimination I'm at fep, fran, twe and kawl. Votes look a tad worse for twe. And the discussion today made me less sure about kawl.

Honestly I'd be most confident in a fep lynch at this point, looking at how he sat on acohrs happily for three days, his activity level, the jumpiness in his reads - this give me an all around bad feeling about him.

*Splinter

Doesn't really look like it, no lynch is out of question, the pr issue will hopefully solve itself with two supposed protective roles at work and everyone checked in and gave his view?

By elimination I'm at fep, fran, twe and kawl. Votes look a tad worse for twe. And the discussion today made me less sure about kawl.

Honestly I'd be most confident in a fep lynch at this point, looking at how he sat on acohrs happily for three days, his activity level, the jumpiness in his reads - this give me an all around bad feeling about him.
He had the worst reactions to my argument as well. If I wasn't convinced they are all linked he'd probably be my first choice.

As it is, I don't care what order we lynch them in. I'm convinced they are a team.

Why less sure about Kawl though? I don't see why he'd try to swing suspicion at me when I wasn't accusing him of being involved. Can only read it as him being town concerned about a hole in my claim.

Gorlak

Banned
He had the worst reactions to my argument as well. If I wasn't convinced they are all linked he'd probably be my first choice.

As it is, I don't care what order we lynch them in. I'm convinced they are a team.

Why less sure about Kawl though? I don't see why he'd try to swing suspicion at me when I wasn't accusing him of being involved. Can only read it as him being town concerned about a hole in my claim.

That's the point. I'm less sure that he could be scum.

Kawl_USC

Being bold with the first vote of the day like that is making me feel better about FEP tbh.

I'm more fully of the opinion that CCS is the last scum between the two of them.

I'd really like to hear from burb at this point, but beyond that it feels like we've hit the doldrums again.

Burbeting

Banned
I need to write some reads. Tomorrow I might not be around for day's end.

What's frustrating is that my reads keep fluctuating literally every two hours about everyone. I've tried to write my thoughts, but then my read on everyone's alignment shifts at least three times. Something about this game frustrates me.

Burbeting

Banned
First I'll take a look if the claimed power roles make sense from a game balancing perspective (Aka. how likely it is both Splinter and Kawl are telling the truth)

This game has 24 players. Five scum (4 would be crazy-low), two of them dead. So most like 3 left out of 8 players.

We have 8 players alive. 1 confirmed power role, two claimed power roles and 5 claimed ordinaries.

So far we have had these town power roles flipped:

Crab - Tracker
Verelious & nin1000 - Lovers
Sorian - Message Sender
Bronx-Man - Poison Doctor
Swamped - Odd Night Commuter
+ Burbeting - Celebrity

And this Neutral power role
Kyanrute - JOAT (Kill, Switch, post restirction, Fruit Giver)

And this scum power role:
Dragonz - Poisoner
(Blarg - Goon)

--

On top, we have two power role claims:
*Splinter - Town JOAT (Cop, Doc, Name Cop)
Kawl - Bodyguard

Since Blarg flipped goon, it's likely that the rest of the scum roles left are some sort of power roles. Splinter claims that a scum roleblocker exists. I could theorise that there might be a x-shot ninja to counter Crab's tracker. Not so sure about Strongman anymore, but it could exist to counter Kawl's claimed role.

Continuing in next post.

Burbeting

Banned
So, let's make the assumption that both of the claims are real town power roles. What we have is a game with this composition:

24 players

5 Scum
1 Neutral
18 Town

Out of the 18 town,
9 Power Roles
9 Ordinaries

Out of the 9 Power Roles,
3 give town information about alignments to some degree (Tracker, Town JOAT, Celebrity)
3 act as a defence against night kills (Poison Doctor, Commuter, Bodyguard. Also 1-shot from JOAT)
3 are misc. (Lovers and the message sender)

The neutral JOAT seems to exist to create uncertain variables to the night phases (switcher, extra kill, random fruit).

Scum roles usually exist to counter town roles or town roles counter scum ones (like: the poison doctor counters poison, roleblocker counters in general multiple roles, ninja against tracker, strongman against doctor). There's some scum roles that exist to work as a punch to the town, such as wolf cub, lynch bomb.

9 power roles seems a little high number, but not unreasonable. I tend to make games with 50% ordinaries, but Ouro has gone for a lower number.

Let's look at how reasonable both of these role claims are:

Splinter

Town JOAT, 1-shot cop, doc and a name cop. Fairly reasonable, but it does rise few questions:

1. With Kyanrute flipped as a neutral JOAT, how likely is it for a game two have two JOATs? It's not impossible, but I don't remember seeing a game like that.

2. The name cop. I had an argument with Fran yesterday about Dragonz using Rats as a role name, and if scum used fake names or not. Well, since she flipped Rats and was scum, it seems unlikely that scum have fake names. Which means.... why does the name cop exist? Seems like a very unnecessary power to have, even for a JOAT.

When I asked Splinter about it, his response felt... weak.

"Useless" roles exist. Sleepwalkers don't do anything. Town messagers don't do much. VI was full of roles that didn't actually do anything.

It's all for the sake of making night actions happen. Night actions lead to claims, claims which are crucial to forum Mafia.

Eg.

Tracker targets me? I've got some explaining to do, which is especially problematic if I haven't used my other abilities already.

I target Bronx after the roleblocker has flipped? Well then Bronx has some explaining to do when my name check fails.

It doesn't have to do anything itself, just by existing it gets me to act at night, and content is created from there.

Hell, I wouldn't have known I had been blocked the last few nights if I hadn't been trying to use this last ability. Boom. Content. Etc.

It's basically "it creates uncertainty to the game" seems to be the crux of it. But the neutral JOAT seems to already exist to create just that.

However, some parts do make me feel better about this claim. The 1-shot doc seems pretty likely to exist in this game, where there doesn't seem to be any conventional doctors. Poison doctor only countered poison, commuter is just a regular commuter and the claimed Bodyguard has some bad caveats.

Kawl:

This claim seems pretty solid. With Splinter's claimed 1-shot doctor, having a regular doctor would have seemed pretty weird.

But something about the way Kawl claimed was weird? He seemed to claim yesterday before reading all of the posts first, which just seemed very careless. Very... un Kawl-y, if I'd say? And today it was interesting he didn't talk about his targets.

But the claim does compliment Splinter's, and vice-versa. Which is kinda interesting... it wouldn't be impossible for both of them to be scum.

Top Bottom