• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Job Listings - New DQ game in the works, SaGa 2015 made in Unity

wmlk

I don't expect this to be DQXI.

Although I'm not sure if Armor Project has hired Level-5 as code monkeys given that they're likely busy with their own game.

I feel like if it's an internal game, then it won't be DQXI or anything that interesting.

rpmurphy

Can't wait for DQ visual novel.

Edit: Oh wait, I guess map design might not make that much sense. Point & click adventure game, maybe?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Unity makes sense. It will give them the most relevant experience going forward and give them modern, efficient tools even if Unity's visuals aren't the best.

mjontrix

They gonna make a hunting action game huh?

Going for the monster hunter crowd maybr?

Then create a mobile freemium app that interacts with the game on consoles and pc - and have console/pc dlc as well.

IT LITERALLY PRINTS MONEY!

online3.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
At least the Dragon Quest one specifically calls out "consumer game," which is what they call proper package release video games, so it won't be some mobile bullshit.

Oregano

Going for the monster hunter crowd maybr?

Then create a mobile freemium app that interacts with the game on consoles and pc - and have console/pc dlc as well.

IT LITERALLY PRINTS MONEY!

online3.png

If they are going after the Monster Hunter crowd it won't be on consoles and pc.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
In fact, my first instinct (and this is entirely a wild guess, I don't know what this is) is that it could be some sort of DQ theme minecraft/terraria project. We've already seen a number of those pop up recently in Japan (two from Q Games alone!).

tonystarejeml.gif

Top Bottom