• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix now making their handheld games as multiplatform handheld/mobile games

RalchAC

It would still hold back their handheld games though (especially on NX), since they'll need to take mobile constraints into consideration.

They are talking about handheld games, which are mostly stuff that is tightly budgeted. Games like I am Setsuna and to a lesser extent World of Final Fantasy.

You are not going to see Dragon Quest XI on mobile. Or Dragon Quest Heroes 3. Or Kingdom Hearts 3. Even if those games are released on the NX. (Not saying those 3 games are going to have a NX version)

But then you have stuff like I am Setsuna, World of Final Fantasy, DQxFF Fortune Street and the likes, which have a Vita and PS4 versions. Those games are more tightly budgeted. And WoFF looks amazing, but it's a rather simple game tech wise.

At some point, you are not going to be held back by the Vita, or Android, or whatever, but the fact that in Japan developers create games that only need to sell 100, 200 or 300k units to break even.

Vorg

Banned
There is always one person who says Citizen Kane is not a good movie.

Yeah because the world ends with you is the citizen Kane of gaming. I tried to get into it several times and couldn't. It bores me to death every time I try.

faridmon

Yeah because the world ends with you is the citizen Kane of gaming. I tried to get into it several times and couldn't. It bores me to death every time I try.

Then that is your problem, not games fault.

Also, I didn't say TWEWY is Citizen Kane of videogames. I merely commented on the fact that someone out there will hate anything that is deems great by many.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
does this mean that they will do MORE handheld games, right? because it seems to me that they were already doing more mobile games than portable ones, so if we have to read the OP sentence in a positive way, maybe we can hope for mobile games to be ported also to portable devices...or not?

does this mean that they will do MORE handheld games, right? because it seems to me that they were already doing more mobile games than portable ones, so if we have to read the OP sentence in a positive way, maybe we can hope for mobile games to be ported also to portable devices...or not?

I read it as the opposite, they need mobile ports to justify development in a declining handheld market. Maybe im wrong.

Top Bottom