• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix teasing new PS4 title - Project Code Z [It's Minna de Spelunker Z, F2P]

Some Nobody

- Notable games don;t always get revealed at gaming shows.
- People thought the art was a throwback to the PS1 days

I think we can safely say that if SE is teasing a game with a website its not going to be anything good.

Lol. S-E was given some of the final minutes at PSX, the never-before-attempted show that celebrated 20 years of Playstation, and thought THAT would be a good place to unveil a game we all played 18 years ago, with little to no changes made to it.

We can safely say that if SE is teasing anything, ever, it's not going to be anything good.

Koh

Welp they are staying the course with their announcements. I hope they just drop some huge announcement without any fanfare just to toy with people.

It has to be intentional.

SPAW

Anyone having read SE´s financial statements know better than to expect anything else than FFXV and KH3 from the Japanese branch.

Maebe

Well I paid no attention to this before but it was fun to go through the thread and see the speculation, hype and then massive disappointment

What in the literal fuck Square? Why would you have a teaser for this ...

We say they don't know their fanbase, but I think they know their fans all too well, tbqh. They're doing this because any teaser they announce, lots of people will latch on to it in hopes that it's some huge announcement for a game they've been hoping for. This thread, and past threads about Square Enix announcements are proof of that. Never get your hopes up with anything SE related, it'll only end up in disappointment at this point.

tumm

Neo Member
I love Spelunky, and while this game doesn't look the same in terms of pace, it does look similarly themed (obviously) and fun in a similar silly kind of way. Kinda want a PS4 now, but this game alone wouldn't justify it and no other exclusives really intrigue me enough.

SkylineRKR

Square keeps on trolling, I slowly start to appreciate it.

The FFVII tease wasn't enough for them, no way, so they strike again. Ice cold.

Spelunker is a pretty big deal in Japan, I really enjoyed the first one and am looking forward to this one.

It's a completely different game to Spelunky, Spelunker is its own series.

How in the blue hell did they figure F2P was a good model for a Spelunky type title? I mean .... wtf? Just release it for $10-15 and be done with it.

SgtCobra

Me after seeing the thread title change:

asdsoauxq.gif

DevilFox

Can I laugh? Between this and FF7 port I'm starting to think that SE really hate PlayStation players .-. They even did tease it like it was something big, jeez.

Matriox

Jesus.. I mean SE has to be doing well with these F2P games right? Otherwise how can they continue to alienate their RPG playerbase like this...?

EDIT: Just watched the trailer... What the literal fuck...

Top Bottom