• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR CITIZEN, Chris Roberts' (Wing Commander) New Game [$25 million funded]

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

YESYESYESYESYESYES

131724538616.jpg

Perkel

Banned
Did they announce what the 6 Mill stretch was for?

There were 3 basic goal when it started. Amount which will get even more funding from private investors. If they would get 2MLN they would create Squadron 42 only without multiplayer or open space part. But still after relising that they would continue their work with Freelancer part. It is just it would be in few more years.

2MLN Squadron 42
4MLN Squadron 42 with Freelancer like open space
6MLN Full sized experience with big single player Squadron 42 and big Freelecer type open space game in full glory.

With 6 MLN we will get full sized Wing Commander like game mode with Freelancer openess and persistent open world.

Xavien

There were 3 basic goal when it started. Amount which will get even more funding from private investors. If they would get 2MLN they would create Squadron 42 only without multiplayer or open space part. But still after relising that they would continue their work with Freelancer part. It is just it would be in few more years.

2MLN Squadron 42
4MLN Squadron 42 with Freelancer like open space
6MLN Full sized experience with big single player Squadron 42 and big Freelecer type open space game in full glory.

With 6 MLN we will get full sized Wing Commander like game mode with Freelancer openess and persistent open world.

Just checked a recent kickstarter email, this is what they said about 6 million stretch goal:

Six million was what it would take us to build the game we were imagining with all the bells and whistles we wanted included. Well, here we are with just over eight hours to go and that impossible goal where everything is unlocked is suddenly in sight. At six million you'll launch the game with 100 systems, a full orchestral score and a free copy of the first Squadron 42 mission disk, Behind Enemy Lines

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../351977?ref=email&show_token=eeaa9c0cf277655a

Gav47

Can't get logged into the site so could someone tell me what lifetime insurance for ships and future upgrade pricing are and how much they cost?

Xane

Can't get logged into the site so could someone tell me what lifetime insurance for ships and future upgrade pricing are and how much they cost?

For every ship you pledge for during the campaign automatically rewards you with a life-time insurance. This insurance only covers the hull-cost of your ship. You will still lose upgrades / cargo / whatever else.

bj00rn_

Banned
6million should be enough to make space debris that makes the ships look like they go faster than 3miles per hour..:)

with that said, I am a backer

I also of course pledgded for Elite: Dangerous,..

Zabojnik

250$ here. I expect I'll be throwing at least another 100$ their way in the near future. T-shirt, ship model(s), hardcover manuals, posters ... Might even go for a 10$ sub, who knows. This is basically my dream game, so I don't really give a fuck about spending too much.

ParityBit

So lets say you don't have ins. You ship goes Kablowey! And lets say you have no money to fix it up. Hows that all work? What happens?

Perkel

Banned
So lets say you don't have ins. You ship goes Kablowey! And lets say you have no money to fix it up. Hows that all work? What happens?

Start New game ?

Open World will be persistent so you can go broke like in Freelancer X3 or any other open world persistent universe.

I still to this day i remember when i bought destroyer in X3 selling all my ships and i could't buy any equipment for it. And since it was my only ship i could't sell it ^^

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I need to know:

At the Scout 30$ tier, it says access to beta-test, while every other tier has access to alpha and beta? Is it just a typo?

Babalu.

I need to know:

At the Scout 30$ tier, it says access to beta-test, while every other tier has access to alpha and beta? Is it just a typo?

yes on kick starter it says they couldn't edit tiers after people already pledged but that tier gets alpha and beta

Mindlog

I haven't given the game my full attention because I know what's going to happen.

I have my little Aurora, but now I'm tempted to get every ship in these last few minutes :[]

GrizzNKev

Banned
I need to know:

It also includes alpha. They're not allowed to edit reward tier descriptions once that tier has a backer, and they didn't change it quickly enough.

Gav47

For every ship you pledge for during the campaign automatically rewards you with a life-time insurance. This insurance only covers the hull-cost of your ship. You will still lose upgrades / cargo / whatever else.

Fuck, it'll probably suck having to go back down to an Aurora after flying the higher tier ships, what to do.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK YEAH! Thanks, internet!

Love when a game like this gets all its stretch goals accomplished.

Top Bottom