• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR CITIZEN, Chris Roberts' (Wing Commander) New Game [$25 million funded]

ParityBit

Guide.jpg

I hope a friendly GAFer will fly by and pick my sorry ass up!

Zabojnik

Fuck, it'll probably suck having to go back down to an Aurora after flying the higher tier ships, what to do.

You really shouldn't worry that much about insurance. It's not going to set you back that much, at least not where basic / smaller ships are concerned.

Teleporter

Man all this space flow made me remember my 3do and 2 of them most fantastic space games ive ever played!

ebboZ.jpg

hC1Ua.jpg

I still keep this on my closet cause they use to make me so happy as a teenager, dreaming of stars and alien encounters lol... yeah i was that strange lol! Glad i made it somehow! :)

Oh what the hell, just put $60 down on this with 18 minutes left on the counter.

I was a bit hesitant, but I know I would regret it if I hadn't backed it.

Now to try and forget about this until I get the email for Alpha testing.

This is my second backed project.

saxman717

Banned
Waited til the last hour, but.................I'm in for $250 and that beautiful Constellation.........

Between this and my $280 for Project Eternity..........I need some time to regroup before the next big crowdfund...........................

ParityBit

Waited til the last hour, but.................I'm in for $250 and that beautiful Constellation.........

Between this and my $280 for Project Eternity..........I need some time to regroup before the next big crowdfund...........................

Man, I did 125! But I will just play to unlock that I think :) Congrats dude!

Eid

Can I upgrade my pledge after the kickstarter is over (or just during)? Also, can the ships be bought with real money in-game?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Then at six million (can you do it?!) we will launch with 100 systems, a full orchestral score and will make the first Squadron 42 mission disk, Behind Enemy Lines, available for free for all backers upon release (a 16-mission campaign in the style of The Secret Missions.)

Robert now:
reverse-1323979825_panda_omg.gif

Hana-Bi

Can I upgrade my pledge after the kickstarter is over (or just during)? Also, can the ships be bought with real money in-game?

Jup, you can upgrade them and they will also have the insurance. And yes, every ship can also be bought in-game.

saxman717

Banned
Man, I did 125! But I will just play to unlock that I think :) Congrats dude!

Sounds like a fun plan and probably more rewarding! I just wanted to make sure my Constellation will be available forever with lifetime insurance, with no garage fees.

I'll always be able to start back up with my Constellation (minus cargo, upgrades etc.) without needing to earn the credits to buy another one even if I decide to take on an armada of Battlecruisers in a suicide run or if some raider gets lucky :cool:

androvsky

Sure, but I know that no one knows how long that will take.

It's a fair concern, but I'm pretty sure the military campaign won't make you buy your ships. :)

The important question is if their business model hinges on people spending money on ships after the game is done. If you've played Mechwarrior Online, you probably know why people would dread that.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I am not exactly sure if this game is F2P to be honest... Is it?

Well, not exactly. Non-backers have to pay for the initial game. But you can spend extra money to buy stuff in the Star Citizen universe part of the game, like you can buy hats in TF2 or new characters in League of Legends.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Yeah, you can upgrade your pledge over the next 12 months, they've said.

And you can use real money or in-game credits to buy any ship you want in-game.

Perkel

Banned
i forgot that they use their own paypal visa system. So money keeps coming even after the end..

Good now we need to reach 7 000 000 :D

Munin

No use putting numbers in the thread title since money will still be coming in anyway, the one in the title is already out of date...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
And $2,134,374 of it was from Kickstarter. You have to believe at least half of that wouldn't have been pledged if they hadn't started the Kickstarter drive. It also gave them an excuse to extend their website's pledge time. This thing may have barely reached $4 million without the decision to add KS.

Perkel

Banned
Is two years to finish the game, or two years to get the alpha out?

Two years dev time, one year early alpha.

But you know what is amazing if there will be more kickstarters like PE , Wasteland, Star Citizent and more then we will reach point where we will be playing those awesome games waiting for new games every 3 or 4 months.

PA will be in 2013 , Wasteland 2 in early 2014, PE mid 2014, SC late 2014, Planetary Anihilation mid 2014, FTL right now, and this is only the beggining !

gamma

I'm amazed at the lack of news on the usual sites about this. This game will be huge as was its fundraising but it seems like no news site cares.

Top Bottom