• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox Zero Delayed to Q1 2016

NickFire

There's just no way I canoes only justify another penny on Nintendo hardware. Their software is good,but there's no where near enough timely software to justify what I spent on Wii U, the most anticipated game is probably moving to the next system (at least the best version), and they can't even get a single marque game that my kids would like out for their 3rd holiday season, when it should be their stride. Pathetic really.

They should use that time to make an additional controller mode where the aiming cursor is again tethered to your ship's position. Everything about the, current, new control scheme looks terrible.

Seems realistic with a new system around the corner.
Another poster did point out that a year before Wii came out, there was no big Nintendo game in November. So NX will be here pretty soon.

DCK:TF had also SM3DW coming along, which is not case for Star Fox Zero since Zelda was the first to be delayed.
Yeah, guess they think Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival can fill in that release date.

disco

This is going to be the worst Christmas Nintendo will ever have. Both 3DS and Wii U line ups are pretty terrible.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I am okay with this as the game really needed it.

Beside it isn't like there isn't Wii U games for me this year there still Project Zero 5, Rodea the sky solder and Xenoblade X.

Plus there's also the 3DS games.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
That's really devastating to go from last year having Zelda and Star Fox being holiday titles, to none. But it's okay you have have Mario and Yoshi again.

(Yeah and Xenoblade and Fatal Frame localizations bah)

GWX

I'm okay with it, as long as the experience is better in the end. Will probably get Triforce Heroes for the 3DS now.

Excellent! The more polish, the better. We don't get Star Fox games very often so I want it to be as good as possible.

Also, I called that shit.

I don't think a few months of delay will change the game substantially

People really need to accept that the game's design is based around dual screen gameplay and it's set in stone. Whatever their definition of what Star Fox "is" doesn't mean shit at this point. Either quit bitching and don't buy it or lighten up and give something different a chance.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not surprising. Probably for the better.

As we all see, Nintendo is not capable of maintaining a handheld and a home console library. Hopefully the rumors are true and both NX systems share a gaming library.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Speaking as someone who loves their Wii U, 6 seems generous.

For 2016? We already have Star Fox Zero, Mario&Sonic at Rio, Pokken and Zelda. With Pikmin 4 already discussed to be close to finished. So pretty close to that number.

For "future", we're already pass that number.

People really need to accept that the game's design is based around dual screen gameplay and it's set in stone. Whatever their definition of what Star Fox "is" doesn't mean shit at this point. Either quit bitching and don't buy it or lighten up and give something different a chance.

So you would be happier with people not buying the game than with them bitching and Nintendo polishing it a bit and them buying?

Fat4all

Banned
For 2016? We already have Star Fox Zero, Mario&Sonic at Rio, Pokken and Zelda. With Pikmin 4 already discussed to be close to finished. So pretty close to that number.

How far past that number, honestly?

Cuz' I don't see it being much.

So you would be happier with people not buying the game than with them bitching and Nintendo polishing it a bit and them buying?

Not at all, I'm all for polish! I mean the people who won't accept that the game is centered around dual screen gameplay. That's not gonna change and people won't seem to let it go.

Oddish1

Anyone think they might have delayed it just to pad 2016?

No. The holidays are typically Nintendo's best selling period so if anything they would prefer to pad out that period and leave the first half of the year barren. Plus, they've already known what 2016 is looking like longer than we have, they wouldn't give Star Fox box art and then start looking at what's coming out in 2016.

Somnid

Wow. Only Nintendo would have the dedication to delay their big holiday title into the January doldrums. Really sucks but I can't imagine they would make a decision like that without everyone onboard. Good to know the new administration is still about quality over all else.

It needed more time in the oven, wise move really.

Wii U holiday line up is looking pretty barren though. Fatal Frame, Mario Tennis and Xenoblade being pretty much it in Europe..

Servbot24

Banned

So.... like I said. 6 is generous. We don't even know if Pikmin 4 is for Wii U, and Zelda may not be exclusive as well. Mario & Sonic may have its fans, but for most its not worth mentioning. Pokken is niche. Star Fox looks very underwhelming. Xenoblade I'm not sure on yet but it's getting mixed reviews.

The fact that we're even talking about whether it's 5, 6 or 7 really says it all though. Whether it's 5 or 10, it's embarrassing. As a Nintendo fan, you're doing yourself a disservice if you try to defend that line up. You deserve better than that for your investment into their hardware.

Can gloss over how right the decision is. Still embarrassing for Nintendo and devastating for fans. Going into holiday with such a weak, narrow release line up is a huge mistake.

I wonder if Pokken will be ported to NX. It seems like a shame to leave a potentially great multiplayer game to die there. That would have been great for DLC as well.

Servbot24

Banned
I wonder if Pokken will be ported to NX. It seems like a shame to leave a potentially great multiplayer game to die there. That would have been great for DLC as well.

I would love to see a bunch of Wii U games on NX. Wii U has some great games that people need the chance to play.

cyba89

This is going to be the worst Christmas Nintendo will ever have. Both 3DS and Wii U line ups are pretty terrible.

It's probably a better lineup than 2010. The only noteworthy titles we got then was DKCR and a Layton game.
This year there is Xenoblade X, Triforce Heroes, Project Zero, Mario Tennis and that Chibi Robo game.

Top Bottom