• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox Zero Delayed to Q1 2016

Porcile

If only it were that simple....

Platforms need games to maintain relevance. Telling the dev to take more time is nice and all, but what will the parents buy this Christmas and what will the kids play?

I really don't think that matters this point in the Wii U's life cycle.

KingBroly

Banned
I mean...okay, it probably needed it. There was NO hype for this game. Absolutely none. Possibly negative.

It sucks that after Zelda U was delayed they didn't put in an order for an HD Remake or two to fill the void. With Star Fox delayed, that lack of action is going to hurt.

Platforms need games to maintain relevance. Telling the dev to take more time is nice and all, but what will the parents buy this Christmas and what will the kids play?

Come on, The Wii U lost its relevance a long time ago, and I highly doubt that there were a substantial number of kids champing at the bit to play Star Fox.

Nintendo was going to have a shitty Xmas no matter what.

phanphare

Banned

I think the Wii U will maintain its relevance just fine

aka none

Nintendo has tried a new take on the series with Adventures, Assault and Command. Nintendo finally tries to bring it back to something closer to 64 and people start bitching they want something different, it's a lose lose situation no matter what they do.

Good point. The Gamepad is the thing I'm not into, which is the new take.

MrBadger

You just a hater with no purpose man. Let it go. Go do other shit. Get your life together. Go play some video games.

smh.

Naming games you didn't even buy.

smh. This guy.

smh.

He's right about 2010 being a great year for Wii games, though. Disagree with the hyperbole about the Wii U but my three favourite Wii games are in that list and only DKCR has been topped by its Wii U counterpart

8 new tracks and characters for Mario Kart 8 would help ease the pain, Nintendo.

Give me HD Waluigi Pinball and I'll be slightly more content with having nothing to play

Asd202

October
Yoshi's Woolly World
Fatal Frame 5
Just Dance 2016

November
The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy's Grand Adventure
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations

December
Xenoblade
Devil's Third

That not just exclusives, either. This includes multiplatform games :/

Best November ever.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think they're done with DLC for Mario Kart 8 at this point, they've likely started work on the NX version

I know. A man can dream, though.

Even a better Battle Mode update. Something.

October
Yoshi's Woolly World
Fatal Frame 5
Just Dance 2016

November
The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy's Grand Adventure
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations

December
Xenoblade
Devil's Third

That not just exclusives, either. This includes multiplatform games :/

You missed Guitar Hero in October and Shovel Knight in November (and some shovelware from Little Orbit). Plus, there is Mario Tennis and Animal Crossing, assuming those two don't get delayed until next year.

Edit: and I think Giana Twisted Sisters: Director's Cut is coming as well.

Somnid

If it makes you guys feel better I'm betting a number of November games will launch broken and not be fixed for 3 months.

Effect

This is the first time I think I'm glad to hear a game delay statement. I've had a number of issues with Star Fox Zero since it was revealed and a delay will likely address all of them. The graphics, the barren feel and look of the levels, the lack of multiplayer of any kind, making sure the controls work as intended. Far to many people had issues with the above and continued to have issues with these elements for Nintendo to not have noticed.

I just hope that since this is now delayed that maybe Xenoblade Chronicles X might be pushed up in it's release. Or maybe Fatal Frame will not get a physical release instead of just being eShop only.

Fat4all

Banned

7a63790e7209bab03d7df1d45b18de27.jpeg

"Well, we have a console for those people, and it's the Xbox 360...

... with a copy of Minecraft.
"

You missed Guitar Hero in October and Shovel Knight in November...

Ahh, though I missed something.

But Shovel Knight has been out on the Wii U for a year and a half now hasn't it?

Good point. The Gamepad is the thing I'm not into, which is the new take.

The gamepad is what is wrong with the game. To accommodate the second screen, the game has become a slow boring experience. The gamepad has had more negative impact on the game play then positives ones.

Hopefully Nintendo figures out how to fix this.

but what will the parents buy this Christmas and what will the kids play?

Mario Maker, Splatoon, Amiibo, Yoshi, Mario Tennis.

Kids don't generally own the big games of the year day 1. Nintendo games are generally released for the long haul.

If Nintendo released an "Ultimate" Mario Kart Wii U bundle that came with all DLC, that might help a bit as well.

Probably for the best.

And I know it makes me sound old, but when there are so many games coming out in such a short time that I want to play, I almost feel a sense of relief when one of 'em gets delayed. Although it's a good problem to have, I suppose...

Granted, Q1 is even more stacked now than it was previously.

The gamepad is what is wrong with the game. To accommodate the second screen, the game has become a slow boring experience. The gamepad has had more negative impact on the game play then positives ones.

Hopefully Nintendo figures out how to fix this.

The Gamepad really is the single worst part of the system. I really wish they would just make every game work perfectly with the people controller and make the Gamepad entirely optional.

It doesn't bother me as I wasn't interested in the first place. If they add an online component and improve the graphics, then the delay would be worth it and I'll buy it.

I don't think the delay affects sales that much. Sales are bad regardless, even when heavy hitters like Smash Bros. come out. And Star Fox was a poor replacement for Zelda. Honestly, the Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival would likely have had better sales without the Star Fox delay.

papo

I know some of you are saying DLC, but they can't just pull out that out of their asses for November for any game. It's like less than 2 months away

The Gamepad really is the single worst part of the system. I really wish they would just make every game work perfectly with the people controller and make the Gamepad entirely optional.

The game pad is the main idea behind the console and IMO it's wonderful if they'd only implemented a bit better in games.

The game pad is the main idea behind the console and IMO it's wonderful if they'd only implemented a bit better in games.

The game pad, while a good idea when used correctly, was a huge and costly mistake.

- Bumped the cost of the console way up and made price cuts difficult
- Caused confusion, as the focus was on the controller, leading people to believe it was just a Wii attachment, as Nintendo had sold tons of those in the past.
- Has a really terrible battery life that forces a player to either take a break or remain tethered to a wall with an outlet.
- Is comfortable once you get used to it, but it's a little awkward to hold at first, since it's so bulky.
- Difficult and expensive to replace if it gets lost, broken, or stolen.

The Boat

Despite the really rough graphics, I loved the demo, but if they're taking their time to make it better I'm OK with it. Nothing can save Wii U now and Starfox certainly wasn't going to do much in that aspect.

Top Bottom