• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 4 Trailer with gameplay on XBLM

stuminus3

Fuck man, I bought a 360 for super awesome space marine shooting games.

All I got were these lousy boring RPGs.

Fuck.

icecream

Public Health Threat
CowboyAstronaut said:
The awkward thing is how much better the graphics in this game looks than in IU. Either different engine or same engine just with a bigger group of devs on it?
Different game than IU. It's still real-time, enclosed battles. They can separate the focus between battle and overworld.

While IU is seamless, so everything between battles and overworld is done all at once in real time.

Manager said:
Durante said:
Here are some caps from the trailer, hope I'm not late:

n37wxy.jpg
Thanks, guys. This game looks glorious. Fairly certain that it is the IU engine and since SO4 has a different set of technical requirements it does indeed look even better than IU. Also, is that 60fps battles that I see?

stuminus3 said:
Fuck man, I bought a 360 for super awesome space marine shooting games.

All I got were these lousy boring RPGs.

Fuck.
Well, RPGs do suck, so...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Holy shit.... can't wait to get home!!! Fuck, this is my most wanted 360 game even more than FFXIII!!! MS is having quite the day today...

Durante

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but the trailer is 30 fps. How can you tell the battles are 60 fps from that?

Rpgmonkey

They're called Arts (Artes?) collection now?

That's different. :/

And I hope the Short and Long range thing is fixed a little. It got kinda clunky in SO3 sometimes.

hie

Dave1988 said:
Errmmm, What am I missing here?
This doesn't looks so hot as you people are making it sound to be...

err...and i'm not seeing what you're NOT seeing.

looks like a fucking amazing RPG already to me. :D

Dave1988 said:
Errmmm, What am I missing here?
This doesn't looks so hot as you people are making it sound to be...
Watch it in HD over live and the blacks aren't nearly as crushed as they appear in the online vids and the colors pop much, much more. It was really impressive.

GreekWolf

Dave1988 said:
It's multi-plat.

SO4 looks might fine but I don't see the reason to go OMGWTFBBQ over it.
Admittedly, there may have been a recent press release that I didn't catch, but I don't remember SO4 ever being announced for the PS3?

I'm fairly certain it's a 360 exclusive. If you can provide a link stating otherwise, then please pass it along.

Shouta

GreekWolf said:
Admittedly, there may have been a recent press release that I didn't catch, but I don't remember SO4 ever being announced for the PS3?

I'm fairly certain it's a 360 exclusive. If you can provide a link stating otherwise, then please pass it along.

360 exclusive at the moment but considering FF13, it's probably a lock for multi-plat or a port. :lol

ivysaur12

Banned
I wish I was a tri-Ace fan.

I'll definitely be getting this and IU due to the lack of any good JRPG this generation, but... we'll see.

GreekWolf

Shouta said:
360 exclusive at the moment but considering FF13, it's probably a lock for multi-plat or a port. :lol
Now that's certainly the truth. Nothing is safe at this point, on a day when the sacred cow grazes in another pasture

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Shouta said:
but will tri-Ace personally handle the porting? :O

The next gen is strong with this one. Do you guys see the visual fidelity of those environments?

The lighting is the best we've seen of not just jrpgs this generation, but easily up there with the best we've seen this gen.

The game really stands out. The battles looked fast. I think it's safe to say that they achieved 60fps in battles.

The textures and art look fantastic.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
CowboyAstronaut said:
The next gen is strong with this one. Do you guys see the visual fidelity of those environments?

The lighting is the best we've seen of not just jrpgs this generation, but easily up there with the best we've seen this gen.

The game really stands out. The battles looked fast. I think it's safe to say that they achieved 60fps in battles.

The textures and art look fantastic.
I love how colorful it looks. No need to be celshaded or anything. I always been impressed by tri-Ace technical prowess, but seriously... besides FFXIII what other JRPG looks as good as SO4?

I bought the 360 for IU basically, never thought I would actually end up playing SO4 on it too. It's a good time to be a tri-Ace fan.

My wishlist for e3 was:

-SO4 gameplay footage
-IU demo

Now they need to deliver with the demo for IU.

LaneDS

Watched it a little while ago, it does indeed look incredible. So long as the story doesn't fall apart SO3 style, I'll almost definitely end up pretty pleased with this one.

i saw the low-res version on xblm and it looked pretty meh, but the gamersyde link hyped me up. its still kind of hard for me to accept the fact the 360 is home of rpg's, this gen, but i guess i don't have a choice.

so glad im pswii60 fanboy :D

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Error said:
So... A few things I noted

-Rush gauge replaces Fury/Guts gauge
-4 characters party battles (fuck yes)
-Looks amazing
-there's something right beside their 2d portrait in battles, looks like colored dots? wonder if that's the new system they hyped way back when it was unveiled in Famitsu
-not seamless like IU
-really awesome, varied environments designs
-spring 2009
- battle footage looked really smooth so I expect 60fps in battles

ALL OVER MY FUCKING FACE. GIVE IT TO ME tri-Ace. GIVE IT TO ME!

duckroll

nelsonroyale said:
fuck this looks good...it looks alot more impressive than UI to me...\\

I think it's the zoom that really makes it look more impressive. When the character isn't taking up 1/5 of the screen and you see the entire area zoomed out from a top down view, it looks much larger scale.

Dave1988 said:
It's multi-plat.

You keep on telling yourself that, okay?

Also, HOLY SHIT THIS GAME LOOKS OMG HOLY SHIT THIS GAME SHIT HOLY. I'm very, very impressed by the 10 seconds we had of gameplay action, honestly. :lol :D :D :D

tri-Ace forever!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FateBreaker said:
Yeah, it's multi.

Joule

Yes we're back to 4 person parties. Looks amazing.

I've got till spring 2009 to get a psp (SO1+2 remake) and a 360 (SO4).

tri-Ace :bow:

oneHeero

FateBreaker said:

Also, HOLY SHIT THIS GAME LOOKS OMG HOLY SHIT THIS GAME SHIT HOLY. I'm very, very impressed by the 10 seconds we had of gameplay action, honestly. :lol :D :D :D

tri-Ace forever!
ff13 is multiplat and you now doubt SO4?

Top Bottom