• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 4 Trailer with gameplay on XBLM

FrankT

Seiken said:
Yeah, it's multi.

Actually it's not and when and if that annoucnment comes I'm sure SE will let you know because now what they have said is, no plans. Port announced down the road after the 360version releases, possible.

duckroll

oneHeero said:
ff13 is multiplat and you now doubt SO4?

He didn't say it's not possible that it'll be ported, just that at the moment it's not multiplatform. The next person that says SO4 is multiplatform will be banned until it's announced for PS3.

demifiend

I hate you guys with burning passion. While you're enjoying your new E3 digital schwag, I sit at work and read about how much you enjoy it. 9:30 can't come fast enough.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
duckroll said:
He didn't say it's not possible that it'll be ported, just that at the moment it's not multiplatform. The next person that says SO4 is multiplatform will be banned until it's announced for PS3.
thanks.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
It would rock if Trophies were linked to Achievements. In the sense that, you open up an achievement, there's a corresponding in game trophy for it.

duckroll

BlueTsunami said:
It would rock if Trophies were linked to Achievements. In the sense that, you open up an achievement, there's a corresponding in game trophy for it.

I don't think so. I think it'll be more likely that trophies exist exactly like they did in the previous games, but there are achievements for getting certain milestones in trophies, be it a certain number or a certain percentage. This makes the most sense, because tri-Ace always makes a SHITLOAD of trophies and MS actually has a limit on the number of achievements in a game.

Shouta said:
Probably 360 only considering how tri-Ace doesn't port stuff themselves. There's a chance that'll be ported though considering this won't sale for poop in their home region.

and it just said coming to 360 spring 2009, while infinite undiscovery said exclusive to 360, it wasn't mentioned during S04 preview

BlueTsunami

duckroll said:
I don't think so. I think it'll be more likely that trophies exist exactly like they did in the previous games, but there are achievements for getting certain milestones in trophies, be it a certain number or a certain percentage. This makes the most sense, because tri-Ace always makes a SHITLOAD of trophies and MS actually has a limit on the number of achievements in a game.

That is true. Can't wait to see how they worked it out though. Trophies for SO3 were ahead of their time, apparently.

Atleast we dont' have to manage the trophy savefile like we had to on SO3. Thank god memory cards are practically a relic of the past.

duckroll

BlueTsunami said:
That is true. Can't wait to see how they worked it out though. Trophies for SO3 were ahead of their time, apparently.

Atleast we dont' have to manage the trophy savefile like we had to on SO3. Thank god memory cards are practically a relic of the past.

Yeah those files were HUGE. >_<

icecream

Public Health Threat
Andronicus said:
and it just said coming to 360 spring 2009, while infinite undiscovery said exclusive to 360, it wasn't mentioned during S04 preview
Because unlike IU which has to be exclusive, S-E still wants to hold the option on SO4, and they can, since they're the ones controlling the project.

Error

so... planets confirmed so far:

Roke (maybe planet Roak from SO1?)
Lembrick
Earth

Central City sounds like a space station.

Star Ship seems like a dungeon.

Also I'm glad that horrible, forced, semi top down exploration view is gone.

Hunahan

Banned
Whoa! Spring 2009???

How the hell am I going to keep up with this kind of pace on RPG releases? Amazing.

Game looks great. Day 1 here.

Rpgmonkey

Error said:
so... planets confirmed so far:

Roke (maybe planet Roak from SO1?)
Lembrick
Earth

Central City sounds like a space station.

Star Ship seems like a dungeon.

Also I'm glad that horrible, forced, semi top down exploration view is gone.

Where'd you find this? :eek:

Oh, and who's the character designer for this?

duckroll

Rpgmonkey said:
Where'd you find this? :eek:

Oh, and who's the character designer for this?

Dunno about the character designer, but you can see the names of locations on the minimap in the trailer.

oneHeero said:
ff13 is multiplat and you now doubt SO4?

That's the thing. Is Tri-Ace going to port this game or work on a new title? That's what makes it seem less likely for a PS3 port to me.

All in all the game looks amazing.

Man, this is seriously what I hoped to see from rpgs graphically this gen and we finally have it. Whether this ends up meaning anything in the long run, nobody can ever say Microsoft didn't try to change the perception of the Xbox 360 in japan.

Error said:
who cares? lets talk about the version that EXISTS and it's REAL.

I agree. This game is really showcasing what the 360 can do visually. When they show that Central City environment. Just pause it take a look at the floor textures. Some of the best on the console yet or what?

duckroll said:

And this is why you're my favorite admin. Separating the as-of-now mentality from the complete, hopefuly, possibly-sugercoated bullshit.

I do hope we see more of this at Square's thingermobober event. I can honestly say that thsi is the best-looking JRPG at the moment.

FateBreaker said:
And this is why you're my favorite admin. Separating the as-of-now mentality from the complete, hopefuly, possibly-sugercoated bullshit.

I do hope we see more of this at Square's thingermobober event. I can honestly say that thsi is the best-looking JRPG at the moment.

I agree 100%. We still have no idea what FFXIII will look like, well, cause we've never seen it, but this game takes the cake.

duckroll

You know, I still don't see how this is really light years ahead of IU like you guys are saying. As I said before, the direction of the camera being top down and zoomed out is really having a huge effect on making the grand sweeping areas look more epic. In close ups IU looks every bit as good imo.

duckroll said:
You know, I still don't see how this is really light years ahead of IU like you guys are saying. As I said before, the direction of the camera being top down and zoomed out is really having a huge effect on making the grand sweeping areas look more epic. In close ups IU looks every bit as good imo.
It's the lighting Tri Ace is using for this game. Really take a look at it while viewing the trailer on HDTV. Looks like Tri-Ace isuing a different lighting & shadow engine altogether for this game. Take a look at the exploration fly by's. The light the sun casts looks wayy better than in IU...you can also see the individual shadow bumps on the textures that the light casts in the screens also...awesome stuff.

Error

duckroll said:
I agree, and IU is doing more with the hardware than just pretty graphics.

icecream

Public Health Threat
duckroll said:
In close ups IU looks every bit as good imo.
I cannot say the same. It's not 'light-years' ahead of IU, but it is definitely a marked improvement from what we've seen so far of IU graphically.

BlueTsunami

SO4 + Installing the game to the HDD = Fast loading times for the encounter area. I wonder if installing to the HDD will help with Lost Odyssey loading times!

Quazar

BlueTsunami said:
SO4 + Installing the game to the HDD = Fast loading times for the encounter area. I wonder if installing to the HDD will help with Lost Odyssey loading times!

So we'll be able to install all games on 360?

duckroll

icecream said:
I cannot say the same. It's not 'light-years' ahead of IU, but it is definitely a marked improvement from what we've seen so far of IU graphically.

Until I see dynamic world changes, all party members on the same field, and seamless maps, I don't think so. :)

Graphics is more than lighting or character detail, it's the entire package.

BlueTsunami said:

Load times in a tri-Ace game? What are you talking about? :lol

Yea, you guys are right. IU is handling much more from a technical standpoint.

Seamless experience, A bunch of AI related things that Star Ocean doesn't have to consider on the field. Situational battles, tsunamis, dragons, giant boulders knocking people on their behind :lol

I guess when we think about that it does make a lot of sense. Tri-Ace is such a strong developer. It's crazy.

A lot of people will never give IU it's just due though from a technical perspective, but who cares. That's one more awesome game for people that care.

Top Bottom