• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II |BETA| Execute Pre-Order 66

wbarreda

I wanted to, but I accidentally double clicked the share button on PS4 instead of long press so no...

I wouldn't make it up and I'm not the only one complaining about shooting heavies in the back only for them to turn around and insta-kill you.

I promise you it's how it went down. May have been a lag issue, but it sure didn't seem like it from my end.

Could be that the heavy just respawned and you shot him when he still had spawn protection.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Galactic Assault needs to be longer, with more sections. And don't tie reinforcement count to the MTT's health. Ideally the whole MTT section could be sped up a bit.

As it is, it's almost always a drawn out MTT fight, and then the other two sections complete in < 5 minutes, or the pitiful amount of attacker reinforcements wiped out in < 5 minutes.

MrDaravon

God, I'm about to stop playing the Beta because people just do not fucking understand how to play the goddamn objective on Theed. It's just so much easier to win on Defense it seems like. I win every time on Defense, lose every time on offense, seemingly no one understands that we need to stop the goddamn Ion Disruptors. 2 of the last 3 games on Defense we lost the MTT before it was even halfway there. Shit is fucking dumb.

HotHamBoy

Is it just me, or does the game feel kinda empty? I've played a few rounds on Xbox and I haven't gotten that into it yet.
20 v 20 feels empty compared to BF4/BF1's 32 v 32

God, I'm about to stop playing the Beta because people just do not fucking understand how to play the goddamn objective on Theed. It's just so much easier to win on Defense it seems like. I win every time on Defense, lose every time on offense, seemingly no one understands that we need to stop the goddamn Ion Disruptors. 2 of the last 3 games on Defense we lost the MTT before it was even halfway there. Shit is fucking dumb.

Really? I've only played twice but lost on defense and won on offense.

No, the shooting feels off and the mode is just walker assault but with ion cannons instead of y-wings.

Galactic Assault = Walker Assault - Y-Wings + Ion Torpedoes

That's the worst description of this mode I've seen in the entire thread. Don't listen to this guy.

MrDaravon

Really? I've only played twice but lost on defense and won on offense.

Every. Match. On. Defense.

DLk-dltWAAATor3.jpg

I can only do so fucking much, I'm not that good (most matches it's usually me and one or two other guys at the top, but this was my last match just as an example).

belvedere

Junior Butler

Wow, I've yet to see the MTT destroyed in 15 hours or so.

wbarreda

Galactic Assault = Walker Assault - Y-Wings + Ion Torpedoes

That's the worst description of this mode I've seen in the entire thread. Don't listen to this guy.
Dude, this is totally walker assault. Stop a big tank that is invincible except for certain times before it reaches the base. There are changes to the core but at the end it is the same boring mode from 2 years ago.

mackaveli

Is anyone having problem firing the main gun in the game "R2" button? Like how do you fire. lol

I can't fire half the time. If I switch to the R1 gun it fires all the time.

Edit - if I use the heavy gunner I can shoot just fine with R2, but every other class its not instant or it works like 10/90 times. I dont know what im doing wrong

aly

Playing offense is becoming a slog now that people have realized that they can step in front of the Ion shot to stop it from charging to allow the MTT to get to the palace. The palace is fun but that is so annoying.

MrDaravon

I'm at 7 games in a row where Defenders have won before they breached the Palace, I feel like I'm playing a different game than you guys. I'm consistently getting to be a Hero when the game has like 15 seconds left, it's annoying as shit. In the last game Walker Assault wasn't a hard failstate like this, if they're going to keep it this way they need to at least speed this part up some.

MrDaravon

Well I finally lost on Defense and got shit on harder than I have in any game in longer than I can remember, it took every ounce of willpower to not ragequit. I picked up the Ion Disruptor literally seven times and didn't get a single shot off because my team actively ran away from me and anyone who had it and was trying to use it. The attackers breached the Palaced with 100 tickets so they didn't even need the bonus, they cleared the second phase with something like 90, and took the Throne Room with 85. The scoreboard says it all, unbelievable. At least with shit like Walker Assault you could halfway carry a team with a single good player being able to hold an uplink so it wouldn't be a total blowout at the least, but you can't do jack shit in Theed on offense OR defense if your team isn't playing the objective at least decently well :/.

They need to speed up the first phase badly, without that or other tweaks in the final game I have no idea why a team on Defense would stay in the match if the attackers breach the palace with 100 tickets (or close to it).

DLlEKbWUQAAGoNg.jpg

Oh and as an aside Han's Sharpshooter ability is garbage if you're not in a hallway. I popped it one time and people were literally able to run past me faster than I could turn. Like come fucking on.

JaMarco

I think the Bomber classes have too much health. They are WAY harder to take down than other ships. Not being able to be killed in 1 laser barrage is a massive advantage. Fighting a whole team of bombers is a nightmare.

Ugh not excited to have to wait a month for the full game. I need it now

Anyone else as pumped as i am? Feel like ive only been seeing negativity lol

Ugh not excited to have to wait a month for the full game. I need it now

Anyone else as pumped as i am? Feel like ive only been seeing negativity lol

I am. Loving every second of this beta. Hoping the final release maintains a strong population on PC because as far as I'm concerned this is the star wars game I've been waiting for for years

timewyrm

But your numbers don't matter though it's not death match.

It's a pity most people in game don't seem to know that, and/or care (not directed to the poster you're quoting).

Anyone else on ps4 experience a bug on Maz's castle when youre trying to pick up the artifact, and the square symbol just wont show up?

I am. Loving every second of this beta. Hoping the final release maintains a strong population on PC because as far as I'm concerned this is the star wars game I've been waiting for for years

Me too man! It feels like they just revamped the older battlefronts. Gameplay is so fun, heros (lightsaber) play sooooo much better than 2015 where thwy were stiff. i love what they added to it. Id type more but im on my phone

you ever need someone to play with on PC im down!

MrDaravon

But your numbers don't matter though it's not death match.

Yes, but your Score is a direct correlation to how well you did and includes everything. I didn't post that to show kills, I posted that show scores. Also on Defense kills don't matter but are a good indicator of if you're stalling the attackers or not; if the attackers have much higher kills than the defenders that means they're almost certainly having a much easier time getting off disruptors. If you looked at the second screenshot I posted you'll see that the attackers fifteenth place person outscored the defenders third for example. That's significantly bad.

I do find it weird that the main scoreboard stat in GA is kills though.

Also after a few more Strike matches I have absolutely zero understanding of how Overtime works. I've had matches where in Overtime I've seen the Artifact be picked up, dropped, and reset multiple times in the same Overtime, and some matches where the second it hits the ground once Overtime is active it ends. No idea.

Is anyone having problem firing the main gun in the game "R2" button? Like how do you fire. lol

Edit - if I use the heavy gunner I can shoot just fine with R2, but every other class its not instant or it works like 10/90 times. I dont know what im doing wrong
I'm assuming you're using an elite controller and you have the hair trigger "mod" on, if you switch your triggers back to default it should fix your problem.

are people finding it easy or difficult to unlock the Hero units?
Actually yes, I've probably been a hero 1 out of ever 3 games i play or so, maybe even ever other game where as I was pretty much never a hero in SWBF2015 unless playing heros vs villains or getting super lucky

MrDaravon

I missed this post before, but I had the exact same problem ONLY with the Infilitrator starting gun as well as Han's DL-44. Fine for every other class/gun and game I had. Switching controllers solved the issue. I managed to find someone on reddit and someone on Gamefaqs with the exact same issue and same resolution.

My guess is our controllers have a very slight dead zone issue through use or whatever that developers generally account for, but for some reason certain guns in this game don't have that for whatever reason. Given that we know the developers are on reddit and if I'm sure some of them are reading this thread, I hope it gets resolved for the final release and is just some sort of minor bug or oversight. I have a second controller but it's still annoying, and not everyone has a 2nd controller.

Foxxsoxx

So before I install: for battlefield fans and people who didn’t like the first battlefront, do you like this game?

It's better but it doesn't feel like Battlefield nearly as much as I want it to.

It's like BF4 without any of the depth, super shallow. I desperately want to like this, but it just feels off.

this game has way more depth than the last one so idk why ppl say it doesnt. And more depth compared to the old games. Maybe the implementation isnt right, but it will only get better down the road. Sticking with bf2015 was a great choice for me tbh

keenerz

So far I find it to be fun but I also liked the BF games, but man I hope its just a beta issue but that rubberbanding and lag on PS4 is atrocious. I can barely fly planes or move around without getting teleported behind a wall or object. If I'm flying I just rubberband into the ground. It's kind of infuriating.

Hard for me. I never seem to have points until the end or have points but the hero is taken. Which is fine if hero camping wasn't a thing.

SG-17 mentioned a queu system for people so they can choose the unit provided they have enough points and then get prompted in game when it's their turn. I think that's the perfect solution.

If someone decided along the qeue they would rather have another unit instead, it would be pretty easy to implement some kind of while loop for that so they could choose to leave the Queu.

I'm hoping that Theed is just a poorly designed map and that the others will be way more fun. I mean there's actually a good deal of maps promised and there will aparently be completely unique small versions of maps for each planet for strike and Heroes Vs. Villains such as Jabba's palace. Hopefully some of those are way better than Theed.

I remember the SW BF 2015 beta had that Sullust Sulfur Pits map which ended up being my least favorite map in the whole game. Rarely had fun on it. So at least that gives me hope for this one...

timewyrm

I've been thinking; I think that if you could have some sort of slide mechanic, especially for modes sick as strike, it would be great. Run, gun and slide.

Imo, I also feel that with the current classes, the was an opportunity to make the heavy almost tank like, with heavy armour and a gun with less damage. Assault could easily have been a dps class, with the officer as a healer.

Foxxsoxx

Im convinced this game would be better if it was Battlefield with a star wars skin.

Also the ending section of Galactic Assault is awful, small tight rooms with endless grenade spam and tiny doors. Who thought that was a good idea?

I hope the other Galactic Assault maps are better otherwise I'm just going to end up playing Blast and Strike until they add more modes.

Preferably real 20v20 Conquest or at least 10v10 Domination.

Jolkien

Very nice looking game my GTX 970 was able to run the game at ultra at 70'ish FPS all the time.

I did not like the game though, played about a dozen match, won't play more.

Top Bottom