• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II Official Gameplay Reveal

XSX

They are smart to go with the free DLC angle. Everyone I know wouldn't of even looked at this after getting burned with Battlefront 1.

Looks pretty good. I'm worried about the prevalence of heroes on the battlefield but most of everything else looks promising.

JPS Kai

I'm still kicking myself for not being there to play in the reveal. Flight got delayed a few hours, so I won't be in LA until nearly the end of today's event.

Soltype

bored042.gif

Pretty much how I felt,graphics look good though.

90% footage comprised of the worst SW era? Who thought that was a good idea?

Not aesthetically, Episode 1 had incredible art.

Angel_DvA

that looks exactly how I want a Star Wars game/movie/animated to looks, gorgeous.

The problem of Battlefront games are gameplay, boring, slow and casual as shit, hope it's better for this one.

90% footage comprised of the worst SW era? Who thought that was a good idea?
Yeah let's make all the footage be of the era that was in the last game or the era that is a thinly veiled ripoff of that one.

Nevermind the fact that the prequel era is filled with cool ass designs and settings for a game.

But no, more Hoth pls. More AT-ATs and stormtroopers. Forever

Microtransactions in a $60 game with single player, yep, this is an EA game. In fact, this is most AAA games. Shame, will be skipping this. :(

Noobcraft

Basically erotic how pretty those graphics are. Holy wow.

erotic

edit: "graphics representative of playstation experience"? Hrmmm. No FB games on consoles have used the all-surface SSR before, and this footage was chalk full of it. Not sure if I believe that statement.
I think "representative" is being used loosely here. Perhaps PS4 Pro, but I doubt the image quality or effects like SSR will be present on the PS4 base model at 60 fps (like BF One).

MiguelItUp

Looks great! I'm really hyped about this. I also love the whole "Free DLC" approach. I can't help but feel that it'll mean there WILL be free content. But there will also be a paid expansion or something at some point.

So for returning planets it looks like we have:
- Tatooine
- Endor
- Hoth
- Scarif

And new planets/locations:
- Naboo
- Starkiller Base
- Kashyyyk
- Yavin 4
- Takodana (Kylo and Rey are dueling in Maz's palace)
- Kamino
- Tantive IV (It's in the intro with Vader)

Great selection for the vanilla game.

I think "representative" is being used loosely here. Perhaps PS4 Pro, but I doubt the image quality or effects like SSR will be present on the PS4 base model at 60 fps (like BF One).

Yeah, probably not on pro either. But still, I should take back what I said a bit to reflect "60 fps titles" with the latest FB. Mass Effect Andronmeda at 30 fps had SSr... so did BF: Hardline iirc (lol).

dr_rus

- Yay SWBF2 have a campaign now! We have a story! You always wanted to play a SW story! We heard you! Here's a bunch of boring multiplayer footage!

Top Bottom