• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II Official Gameplay Reveal

gamerMan

Looked pretty amazing but throughout the trailer i kept thinking "nope, no way this level of visuals makes it to consoles" over and over again. Really great graphics and framerate for a pre alpha.

It said game engine footage. Do we know if everything is realtime? There were some scenes in the trailer that looked straight out of a movie like Yoda and the Storm Troopers. The scenes where they were playing the game were obviously realtime. Watching the gameplay footage, this game looks very similar to the first. For some reason, the ingame graphics are not blowing me away like the trailer.

EA and DiCE's idea of Battlefront since their first one is for it to be as different as possible from Battlefield, for better and worse. Only thing the 2015 version had in common with Battlefield was the font.

Hmmmm I see. But man, at least let the trees move a little. They are completely static.

I feel really burned by the presentation. They spent like 5 minutes saying "you wanted a campaign, were giving you a campaign!" que short no-gameplay trailer, "now here's half an hour of multiplayer, woo!"

Better be a solid campaign showing at Sony. Otherwise the fear of recycled MP maps + cutscenes will be strong.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
looking at jackfrags video's thumbnail looks like you can do emotes like giving up etc.? i don't know if that was already in BF1 but that's pretty cool.

2017-06-1023_29_06-st1pr26.png

WillyFive

I feel really burned by the presentation. They spent like 5 minutes saying "you wanted a campaign, were giving you a campaign!" que short no-gameplay trailer, "now here's half an hour of multiplayer, woo!"

Better be a solid campaign showing at Sony. Otherwise the fear of recycled MP maps + cutscenes will be strong.

The campaign for shooters are usually only a few hours long, the meat of the game is the multiplayer; that's what needs to last for the next few years.

It said game engine footage. Do we know if everything is realtime? There were some scenes in the trailer that looked straight out of a movie like Yoda and the Storm Troopers. The scenes where they were playing the game were obviously realtime. Watching the gameplay footage, this game looks very similar to the first. The ingame graphics are not blowing me away like the trailer.

not realtime, just created using the game engine as opposed to outsourced cgi by blur studio for example

WillyFive

Eggbok

Yep, which is funny because Temuera is Voicing still voicing Bobba Fett/Jango Fett

Also let's all take a moment to appreciate how great Maul's TCW/Rebels VA is.

Maul's va is Palpatine as well in TCW/R

looking at jackfrags video's thumbnail looks like you can do emotes like giving up etc.? i don't know if that was already in BF1 but that's pretty cool.

2017-06-1023_29_06-st1pr26.png

Emotes were, that specific one was not

farmerboy

Fucking goosebumps man. All you young uns don't realise seeing footage like this......fuck. 5yo me dreamed of shit like this. And now its real.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Battlefront reboot continues to be the most immersive Star Wars experience aside from the movies, I see.

Jaw-dropping and literally the stuff of Star Wars fans' dreams.

Van Bur3n

Ah, yes. Fighting the....Trade Federation, apparently.

God, this cross-heroes thing is weird.

Chewie did fight the Trade Federation though during the battle of Kashyyk in ROTS.

But yeah, that could be any wookie. They were a playable class in the older games.

CamHostage

90% footage comprised of the worst SW era? Who thought that was a good idea?

Well, A) this is the new stuff not shown or hinted at in the previous trailers, so it's a nice surprise, and then B) it's an era that has a lot of cool stuff in it, whatever you think of the movies themselves, and was a favorite for many in the Pandemic Battlefronts, plus C) there's lots of festive color and shiny stuff to show off the graphics, and the style clash of war in a thriving and gorgeous environ is different from most of what was seen in BF1.

Battlefront is first and foremost a multiplayer game, so they ultimately need to showcase what makes it a top multiplayer game. But as far as the campaign, I'm with you that it's what I'm most interested in, but I don't feel like I've been promised a big look at the campaign? Was there news that listed SP as a big focus of SWBF2's E3 presentation?

Story details will be doled out over time, and it'll use the same mechanics as the SP (I assume, though maybe there'll be some squad-commanding features?) so they can showcase "gameplay" through MP without spoiling the story. Also, this is a trade show, and lots of people will be amassed for this event, so it's smarter to focus on MP here anyway since they can sell more people with an online fight than they can with a vertical-slice demo (which can go right or wrong; currently, I'm watching NFS and taking it off my pre-order consideration list.). I want to see more SP, but as with Titanfall and BF1, I expect EA to not over-show SP in previews if it can get the balance right.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Chewie did fight the Trade Federation though during the battle of Kashyyk in ROTS.

But yeah, that could be any wookie. They were a playable class in the older games.

I mean, it happened in Episode 3 and the original Battlefront 2.

could also just be any other random Wookie or Tarfful.

Oh yes. Chewbacca was in Revenge of the Sith. He helped Yoda.

That was a thing that happened.

I'm so pleased I didn't forget that.

Shredderi

The prequel era environments are beautiful. The game somehow manages to look visually better than it's predecessor. Simply amazing.

Top Bottom