• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II Official Gameplay Reveal

Are there still tolkens though?

The issue with Battlefront 1 is just a few players can camp the hero token spawns and win the game where as no one else really has an effect making the game dull.

Fuck tolkens

I've gotta be honest, I have a problem with Finn being regulated to DLC.

Mace Windu probably ain't gonna make it to launch either if he's even going to be in the game.

Where are my peoples at, EA?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Are there still tolkens though?

The issue with Battlefront 1 is just a few players can camp the hero token spawns and win the game where as no one else really has an effect making the game dull.

Fuck tolkens

Nope, you get battle points now for killing and damaging shit in the game which you can then spend on becoming a hero or upgrading your other stuff. No more camping at hero cards.

I've gotta be honest, I have a problem with Finn being regulated to DLC.

Mace Windu probably ain't gonna make it to launch either if he's even going to be in the game.

Where are my peoples at, EA?

all DLC is FREE.

New maps, modes, vehicles, heroes, weapons

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/873630222377254914

Lack of campaign was the main thing people complained about the first one and they showed like 5 secs of it. Great, maps are free--that means they will release one map every 3-4 months.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I know that, I'm just disappointed I ain't seeing Finn at launch, and there ain't been a peep on Mace Windu so far either, so that leaves me wondering how they gonna represent black folk. We do exist in the SW universe, we're not common, but we exist.

Oh that's what you mean, yeah maybe he's not ready for launch but the good thing is Finn is coming.

DeaDPo0L84

So so sorry if its been answered already but at work and can't watch gameplay. Are vehicles still a token system as well as the hero's? Absolutely hated that, it looked and played very terribly.

Raide

So so sorry if its been answered already but at work and can't watch gameplay. Are vehicles still a token system as well as the hero's? Absolutely hated that, it looked and played very terribly.

You earn points as you play and spend them on Class, Vehicles and Heroes as you go. I think you can custom build what vehicles and hero you would prefer.

Oh that's what you mean, yeah maybe he's not ready for launch but the good thing is Finn is coming.

It's good he's coming at all, but I find it curious he's not there at launch. They even had Boyega help put some shine on the game and the story mode. Why isn't he there day one? I feel like he should be front and centre like Rey and Kylo.

If Windu is in the game at launch, I can forgive it. If not, I'mma knock EA and DICE for that. There aren't many black people in Star Wars, and I ain't okay with them treating them like afterthoughts. Fuck that.

Boss Mog

mina1.gif

Take my money!

mcrommert

Banned
It's good he's coming at all, but I find it curious he's not there at launch. They even had Boyega help put some shine on the game and the story mode. Why isn't he there day one? I feel like he should be front and centre like Rey and Kylo.

If Windu is in the game at launch, I can forgive it. If not, I'mma knock EA and DICE for that. There aren't many black people in Star Wars, and I ain't okay with them treating them like afterthoughts. Fuck that.

Mace was a terrible character... A waste of jackson

Boyer plays a great character

DeaDPo0L84

You earn points as you play and spend them on Class, Vehicles and Heroes as you go. I think you can custom build what vehicles and hero you would prefer.

So do classes rank up similar to bf1 and that earns you credits to unlock weapons and gear? And surely there has to be a limit to vehicles/heroes cause if not is it possible everyone just saves credits and buy a tank/jedi or whatever?

Raide

So do classes rank up similar to bf1 and that earns you credits to unlock weapons and gear? And surely there has to be a limit to vehicles/heroes cause if not is it possible everyone just saves credits and buy a tank/jedi or whatever?

They said before E3 that you have your own Class unlocks etc. Not sure if that is done in-game via the points system, or you get gear as you level and that's how you make your custom class based upon the current classes available.

I guess you could save your credits and burn them on a tank etc but people will focus fire you and al your points vanish. Some of the footage does show a hero unit getting dropped pretty damn quick.
I dunno if they will limit the number of active vehicles but they will probably restrict number of hero units running around.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I wish people would stop talking over gameplay footage, I'd like to hear the sounds from the game, especially in a DICE one on top of that.

It is almost like they're trying to distinguish their channel from every other youtube channel.

Mace was a terrible character... A waste of jackson

Boyer plays a great character

Regardless of how you feel about those characters, they are prominent characters that are amongst very few examples of meaningful representation in the behemoth franchise that is Star Wars. That needs to be respected if EA and DICE wants this game to be inclusive and progressive.

Also, Windu was in the original Battlefront games, so no excuses. If they bring Maul back, they better bring Windu back.

Älg

People going to camp the respawn screen waiting for heroes or whatever else was on there to open up, right?

This wasn't an issue in Battlefield 1, so I can't imagine it being an issue here. Unless heroes in Battlefront are way more desirable than vehicles in Battlefield.

Kssio_Aug

It looks pretty but I wasn't expecting it to disappoint in the visual aspect. This engine is pretty incredible.

Does it brings something new to the table though? Other than the SP campaign, of course.

Looks fantastic as expected. Still not too happy about the "more like battlefield"-approach with classes and different gun handling, but I already like the officer class.

But the heroes should be locked to the proper eras. It feels totally wrong when Rey fights Darth Maul on Naboo. Heck, they could at LEAST make Boba Fett Jango Fett in the prequel-era! I wouldn't even mind simple skin-trades. Anakin is the Luke Skywalker of the prequel-era, while Rey is the one for First Order-era etc. Something like that to keep the atmosphere.

Keep the cross-era fights between heroes for modes like Heroes vs. Villains or similar modes.

There's a chance that Finn being dlc could be due to marketing reasons and wanting to put out The Last Jedi related stuff closer to the movie's release rather than it being an afterthought or something along those lines.

jackdoe

There's a chance that Finn being dlc could be due to marketing reasons and wanting to put out The Last Jedi related stuff closer to the movie's release rather than it being an afterthought or something along those lines.
I was thinking that it could also be a way of "encouraging" people to continue playing the game after launch and prevent the player population from sinking like a rock.

JPS Kai

Exactly. EA is smart enough to not announce everything up front. They want each and every DLC pack to be a talking point to maximize player return when they drop.

jesu

Because it's Finn from The Last Jedi in this game.

Might have some spoiler powers we don't know about.

jelly

It's looks more fun with people who are pretty good, the EA footage really put me off. Catching up on some videos posted here shows it in a better light.

yananana

It is almost like they're trying to distinguish their channel from every other youtube channel.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I'll bite. (sorry if it's not the case)
I mean, sure, I wouldn't actually mind if it was something meaningful (a deep analysis for example), not just describing what's on screen, and saying repeatedly that is great.

Because it's Finn from The Last Jedi in this game.

Might have some spoiler powers we don't know about.

I hope this is the case. Last we saw of Finn, he was in a coma, so I am keeping an open mind to the possibility they may not want to spoil what happens to him or what he does in The Last Jedi.

That's why I said that if Windu is in the game, considering he was a hero in the original Battlefront games, I can forgive it. Windu of Lando, or both, but I can't overlook no representation whatsoever.

Gravidee

It's totally happening.

It takes like...minimum effort from the team and the VA is already there

The fact that you can have two heroes per team means that a Republic side with Anakin Skywalker and Captain Rex is totally possible. Or alternatively, Anakin and Ahsoka. Make it happen EA/Dice.

Raide

Well, I will probably end up playing as Officer as much as possible. Love support classes but I was hoping for something akin to Medic.

MutFox

Banned
Skipped the last one, but buying this at launch.
All Maps and DLC included is the reason.
Hate community splitting games.

And the battle point system just put it over the top.
I could see myself playing this for years with a healthy community. (PC)

Raide

Not sure if I like that you can earn Battlepoints while using a character ore vehicle that you bought with them. You can have players that master a hero playing whole rounds as that hero because they just keep accumulating enough points.

You don't get points as a hero. I think the linked video mentions it. Hopefully they also restrict the points if you have a vehicle.

Some players will just be damn good that they will jump from one class, right to their hero and dominate. Its just the way it works.

Top Bottom